Print Thread
Hop To
pa_gus Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
linky

Well, that went as expected.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

GB1

pa_gus Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Fairfax, Va. � The National Rifle Association of America is made up of over 4 million moms and dads, daughters and sons, who are involved in the national conversation about how to prevent a tragedy like Newtown from ever happening again. We attended today's White House meeting to discuss how to keep our children safe and were prepared to have a meaningful conversation about school safety, mental health issues, the marketing of violence to our kids and the collapse of federal prosecutions of violent criminals.

We were disappointed with how little this meeting had to do with keeping our children safe and how much it had to do with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment. While claiming that no policy proposals would be �prejudged,� this Task Force spent most of its time on proposed restrictions on lawful firearms owners - honest, taxpaying, hardworking Americans. It is unfortunate that this Administration continues to insist on pushing failed solutions to our nation's most pressing problems. We will not allow law-abiding gun owners to be blamed for the acts of criminals and madmen. Instead, we will now take our commitment and meaningful contributions to members of congress of both parties who are interested in having an honest conversation about what works - and what does not.

-NRA-

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pa_gus
linky

Not exactly. I'm not sure you could have counted on the NRA in 1994. I'd say it went well from the perspective of the NRA representing all its members and not just the "all I need is my deer gun and a .22" crowd.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
linky

No surprises here.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
linky

Not exactly. .
Unless I'm reading your post wrong, I think the OP meant that the 'expected' part was "Plugs" Biden & company ignoring what may work and instead continuing their focus on ridding America of firearms.

That, would be totally expected - after all, their ideology prevents rationality..

I think the NRA is correct in focusing on the reps in the House and Senate. Keeping enough votes from enacting any of the expected batch of bills tossed against the wall will be crucial.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is what liberals wanted, and why they vote for democrats.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I realize that. I recently re-upped my NRA membership, but I don't fully trust them. There are a lot of seemingly innocuous gun control measures that many would accept if the NRA says they're okay. I want to hold the NRA's feet to the fire on this and accept NO COMPROMISES this time.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear
This is what liberals wanted, and why they vote for democrats.
What is?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'm not surprised. Actually expected the WH to shun the NRA. Yet after the ban they will pontificate that they went all the way to include the NRA in discussions.

Anyone who voted for the Progressive Democrats are to blame for this charade.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I realize that. I recently re-upped my NRA membership, but I don't fully trust them. There are a lot of seemingly innocuous gun control measures that many would accept if the NRA says they're okay. I want to hold the NRA's feet to the fire on this and accept NO COMPROMISES this time.

^^^

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Biden announced today that he has the package ready to present to Obama on Tuesday. He announced this BEFORE he met with the NRA, NSSF, etc today and BEFORE he meets with the hollywierd folks tomorrow. All he is doing is going through the motions, his program was firmed up months ago. What a farce.

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They won't have to compromise this time. They'll be steam rolled into submission grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (22kHornet, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 1234, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 49 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,455
Posts18,529,069
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.