Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013...d-in-des-moines-register/?intcmp=related

"Donald Kaul retired earlier this year. Now he has decided to return to writing occasional opinion columns for OtherWords.org. The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Conn. brought out all his ugliness.

In a column that appeared after the shooting with the headline "Kaul: Nation needs a new agenda on guns," he proposed a new liberal agenda: repeal the Second Amendment, declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal, and well, make violent threats to Republican leaders and NRA members. The Des Moines Register published this junk on December 29.

"I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control," he wrote. Is that a threatening James Byrd reference? "And if that didn�t work, I�d adopt radical measures," he continued.

This was how he spelled out the other agenda items, which included killing NRA members who wouldn't surrender their arms:

"Here, then, is my �madder-than-hell-and-I�m-not-going-to-take-it-anymore� program for ending gun violence in America:

� Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It�s badly written, confusing and more trouble than it�s worth. It offers an absolute right to gun ownership, but it puts it in the context of the need for a �well-regulated militia.� We don�t make our militia bring their own guns to battles. And surely the Founders couldn�t have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right.

� Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did. (I would also raze the organization�s headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but that�s optional.) Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, that �prying the guns from their cold, dead hands� thing works for me."

The so-called "news" media love to blame conservatives for the declining civility of our democratic discourse, but the hateful venom spewed by supposedly enlightened liberals like Kaul is as vicious as it gets.

Publishing death threats is bad enough, but doing so in the name of promoting a more peaceful, compassionate society is beyond sick. But this clown will probably never realize the absurdity of his argument.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013...ed-in-des-moines-register/#ixzz2HcK1TaZe

I found a wizard and asked him if he can remove a curse I had been living with for the last 20 years. The Wizard says, "What were the exact words that were used to put the curse on you." I say without hesitation, "I now pronounce you man and wife."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He should be locked up for making terroristic threats.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm for banning print, or broadcast media that does the government's bidding.

A free press was intended to protect us from government, not shill for it.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Making the Communist Party illegal? I guess that's why they infiltrated and subverted the Dem party.

Turnabout is fair play, the NRA should infiltrate and take over the ACLU...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That's the Des Moines Red Star.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drop him a line...

Donald & Suzanne Kaul

841 Asa Gray Drive,
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105-2566

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Donald Kaul,

I dont think your man enough to tie me to the back of a truck or take my guns.
Your welcome to come and try.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by ColoradoPipeliner
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013...d-in-des-moines-register/?intcmp=related

"Donald Kaul retired earlier this year. Now he has decided to return to writing occasional opinion columns for OtherWords.org. The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Conn. brought out all his ugliness.

In a column that appeared after the shooting with the headline "Kaul: Nation needs a new agenda on guns," he proposed a new liberal agenda: repeal the Second Amendment, declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal, and well, make violent threats to Republican leaders and NRA members. The Des Moines Register published this junk on December 29.

"I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control," he wrote. Is that a threatening James Byrd reference? "And if that didn�t work, I�d adopt radical measures," he continued.

This was how he spelled out the other agenda items, which included killing NRA members who wouldn't surrender their arms:

"Here, then, is my �madder-than-hell-and-I�m-not-going-to-take-it-anymore� program for ending gun violence in America:

� Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It�s badly written, confusing and more trouble than it�s worth. It offers an absolute right to gun ownership, but it puts it in the context of the need for a �well-regulated militia.� We don�t make our militia bring their own guns to battles. And surely the Founders couldn�t have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right.

� Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did. (I would also raze the organization�s headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but that�s optional.) Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, that �prying the guns from their cold, dead hands� thing works for me."

The so-called "news" media love to blame conservatives for the declining civility of our democratic discourse, but the hateful venom spewed by supposedly enlightened liberals like Kaul is as vicious as it gets.

Publishing death threats is bad enough, but doing so in the name of promoting a more peaceful, compassionate society is beyond sick. But this clown will probably never realize the absurdity of his argument.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013...ed-in-des-moines-register/#ixzz2HcK1TaZe

Who let this guy out of the mental ward with out his meds?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Donald Kaul is inciting terrorism/hate speech within the media,that could lead to murder,hate speech is a crime at this time it's considered assault..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL the NRA is supporting the 2nd Amendment and thier terrorist The Des Moines Register is advocating the over throw of part of the constitution and their not terrorists. That must be right along the lines of the new oberry math.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The mindset and agenda is exposed, and we now know the "process". It's identical to what is going on in Australia.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/21/1172661/-How-to-Ban-Guns-A-step-by-step-long-term-process#

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
well then no 1st Amendment their don!!!.........fu

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Donald kaul is Donald Kaul. He is still lost in the 1960's somewhere. The D.M Register has always let Kaul ramble on without adult supervision.

Just to let you know, the DM Register opted to support Romney for president this last election and not Mr. O. They are still stuck in the 1960's politically and they were a huge ball kisser for Bill Clinton. As I recall, they also supported Hillary in the primaries as well.

But, I was glad to see them supporting someone other than Mr. O in November. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
If we are going to repeal any Amendments we should start with the 1st. Especially after that piece of garbage. Oh how the left would squeal if someone attacked that Amendment. I guess only some Amendments are worthy of our protection.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
He's wasting my air.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I just saw where the NRA got 100,000 new members in 18 days

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 5sdad
That's the Des Moines Red Star.

Now we know what the "register" in the Des Moines Register really means.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tell Donald Id love for him to show up at my house so I could jap slap him.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Sounds directly like hate speech, and direct assault language, to me. He should be prosecuted.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,171 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,776
Posts18,495,819
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.