Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Just got home from town and seeing this movie. Excellent! Unlike a similar movie, "Seal Team Six", this one did NOT have much pro BO propaganda in it.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
They showed it straight forward, no apologies. We didn't play nice with the detainees. We didn't connect electrical wires to their genitals like Vietnam, but we didn't mess around.

How did they deal with they bigger than life Oberry BS?

NRA Lifetime Member
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just got back from it as well, they did conveniently leave the part out where the Seals were bashing Obama but over all a good movie. I thought the book was better though.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Not sure I understand the reference? If you mean Obammy, he was shown giving a TV address about how America doesn't torture people but I don't recall that he was mentioned other than it would be harder to get good intel. Other than that there wasn't much of anything about him at all.

The main storyline of the movie revolved around Agent Maya of the CIA, played by Jessica Chastain, and her dedication to hunting down OBL. There really weren't a lot of political references in the movie except for a few comments necessary to the story.

Again, this was not a propaganda flick either pro or con anybody or anything, at least I didn't see it as such. It was just a hell of a well made movie about the hunt for OBL and what it took to find him.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I don't care if we hook a car battery to their nuts.

In the dark days in Bagdad the old Task Force 20, 121 or whatever was rumored to have used more than a few charges out of a good ol 12 volt car battery to encourage a free flow of dialogue.

Of course this was when the �gloves were off� and a whole lot of evil doers were sent to their virgins.

A whole lot of evil doers.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The wife and I saw it last night. Very good movie indeed.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by tjm10025

You guys are amateurs.

Kinda what I was thinking....if I was doing the 'questioning' they would look forward to waterboarding as a refreshing break...

I don't want to think too much about what I could come up with.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just seen it, great movie, along the lines of Blackhawk Down.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well I was not going to bother, but when they started screaming about it. I when, saw it yesterday. As far as the turds go in real life, do what you have to do, then shoot them. To much catch and release in this war, just to find them on the field again. That is BS!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Great movie. A must see for the big screen. The explosions kinda unnerved my wife and they caught me off guard a couple of times. My only complaint is with James Gandolfini. The SOB made Leon Panetta into a likeable guy. smirk

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have the exact opposite opinion.

It's the driest, most boring, and unbelievable (in the literal sense) piece of propaganda in recent memory.

The last half hour is what I was told was 'the good part,' prior to watching. It was... neat to see the equipment. It was not exciting. It wasn't a shootout. It was just them putting people down, which was boring and disappointing.

Yeah. 2/10

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
New kinda theater setup 1/2 hour or so from here. Every other row of seats was removed, tables replacing the seats, No one under 21 after 6 PM. Pizza, burgers, etc. along with various brews and or wine is also served.
Once this flick makes it there, we'll go for sure.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That�s an excellent review, he hit it spot on. It�s not a war movie, it�s not a shoot�em up, it�s not a revenge film (per se).

To quote from his review, and speaking of the interrogation techniques and other issues presented in the movie: �Bigelow�s film, by refusing to editorialize or tell its audience what to think about these questions, compels us to ask and answer them ourselves.�

That�s what I most liked about it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve

Excellent review. There are many many things the filmakers were not given access to and many people were folded into a single character to make it watchable but it is as well done as anything this complex and classified can be.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I enjoyed the movie. But I wish that it contained more Seal Team and less CIA. In all the previews, you get the impression that the movie is about the Seal Team mission. Whereas the actual movie is 80-90% about the CIA work that led to the Seal's mission. Kind of misleading...

I enjoyed it though, and thought it was well made.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Ugh.

Please not two hours of shaky hand held camera "effects" and quick shot editing ?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Ugh.

Please not two hours of shaky hand held camera "effects" and quick shot editing ?

Nope.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't go to a lot of movies but I did make it to this one and it was very worthwhile.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/jan/14/ben-affleck-argo

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shortleade
I enjoyed the movie. But I wish that it contained more Seal Team and less CIA. In all the previews, you get the impression that the movie is about the Seal Team mission. Whereas the actual movie is 80-90% about the CIA work that led to the Seal's mission. Kind of misleading...

I enjoyed it though, and thought it was well made.

Misleading that the bulk of behind the scenes work and breakthroughs were CIA too. Just saying. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 06hunter59, 16gage, 19rabbit52, 63 invisible), 2,815 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,644
Posts18,512,419
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.