Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Couldn't get any of the unspent powder back in the primers I take it?

Scott, I may well be the one wrong, it is just my guess.

I would really like to hear how you got the lead, the McClain in me wants to know.

Tell him to ask Scott himself.

Got a crisp $20 that says McClain is black Irish...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

B
B
If your goats or cattle get out and into my cornfield then can I shoot them? Just wondering!

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Bcooper, Our ranch is open range.If you have land checked borded in to ours you fence we don't. We fence forest and state land from ours, but they furnish the fenceing we maintain it..

SEMPER FI.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Seems the dog was attacking the cage the rabbits were in.
Think I would of just called the next door people and asked them come get the dog. Or got a stick and just chased the dog off.
Nice looking dog.
Yep. This shooter was likely getting some revenge for complaints about his target shooting.

Thank God I caught you in time...can your all-knowing self tell me the winning combination for next weeks Lotto draw?

You really are a turkey, aren't you.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Hotload
Anyone shoots my dog, they had better kill me, because I will be out to shoot them !!! mad

Please be so good as to post your full name and address so that any future legal council can provide alibi for their clients after they have to defend themselves against your actions.

Or are you just another loud-mouthed puzzy flapping his yap so that he can pretend he has nuts.

What is wrong with you people, would you really kill another person over a dog?

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by brinky72
Simple fact is the owner should have had the animal under control. I've put a 12ga. slug in some dumb azz farmers cows that were in the roadway and wouldn't move. Farmer wasn't around and couldn't be reached. That equals dead cows on a flat bed. "no sacred cows" literally. Everyone needs to keep track of their animals.

I surely hope this was in jest.

Attitudes back East must be a bit different than out here in civilized country. Around here it is my responsibility (by statute) to fence other folks' livestock OUT of my property. I loaned a horse out to a young lady who allowed it to get onto a highway. The fellow who hit it paid for the horse. We call it Open Range for a reason.

I am pretty sure that Idaho law still allows Capital Punishment for the wanton slaughter or theft of another's livestock. Not that it would be invoked today, except in hot blood by the owner of the livestock.

As to rabbits, yes they are a rather delicate critter. My kids used to raise rabbits for the county fair. I killed one of them the day before the fair by immersing it in warm water for a bath. The damned thing had a heart attack and died in my hands. I am surprised the silly critters would survive the excitement of a dog barking and chewing on their hutch.

I showed these pics a while back, perhaps someone can tell my why I should not shoot to kill if I see the culprits on my property again.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by norm99
rabbits in a cage can die from agressive dogs threating them or abort for the same reason.

norm
yep, used to raise rabbits, they could still die from the stress( I would have shot the dog also but the dogs owner is to blame

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Idaho Shooter. Well put...

SEMPER FI.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Couldn't get any of the unspent powder back in the primers I take it?

Scott, I may well be the one wrong, it is just my guess.

I would really like to hear how you got the lead, the McClain in me wants to know.

Years ago I was a stupivisor for a manufacturing company. I had four departments including the environmental department and the hard chrome plating department. I had to deal with another hard chrome plating company that was owned my a wealthy idiot. The guy was worth millions and probably could not pass the IQ test to be a bowling ball. Anyway he had to change out the anodes in his chrome tanks. It was going to cost him several thousand dollars to have them stabilized in concrete and buried in a haz waste landfill. I kept trying to tell him that if he just cleaned them, reverse plating in TSP, they would be a recyclable. I finally convinced him I would buy them from him for a buck. Took a bunch of trips to get them all home in my old F250. I had a son off work that summer and he spent a bunch of those months melting them down and pouring them into one pound molds. If I remember right there was around three thousand pounds of lead and a couple of five gallon buckets of copper hooks I sold for scrap. I still have around a thousand pounds.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I loaned a horse out to a young lady who allowed it to get onto a highway. The fellow who hit it paid for the horse. We call it Open Range for a reason.

Hello Idaho, that is an interesting titbit...over here the landowner is responsible for any and all damage his stock does.

Is the free range clause a local/state thing?

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
It is state law through out the majority of the west, except for inside "Townships".

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Agreed. In much of the open range west, livestock has the right of way. However, in much of Idaho we seldom see cattle on the road because the BLM & Forest Service have the grazing areas fenced.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Agreed. In much of the open range west, livestock has the right of way. However, in much of Idaho we seldom see cattle on the road because the BLM & Forest Service have the grazing areas fenced.
Here in the East you can and will be held responsible for any damage your livestock does if you fail to keep it contained.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Not at all. If your cattle gets out and causes a crash YOU'RE paying. Through the nose at that. If your cows are on the freeway and the State Police or any other authority gets called they're dead and you might just get the tow bill. We had a truck overturn not that long ago and the cows got out and were meandering around. The farmer was given thirty minutes to round them up while we had the e-way closed. We shot a couple of them to say the least. Keep your critters in control big or small. If someone were to hit a cow, horse or other large life stock with their car and it caused an injury or fatality the farmer would be on the hook for quite a large sum. We hold human life higher than that of a farm animal here.

And yes, I've shot dogs too that were running around the freeway creating a traffic hazard.

Last edited by brinky72; 01/16/13.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

669 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 1badf350, 70 invisible), 2,708 guests, and 1,464 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,609
Posts18,492,450
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.