Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Supossedly this is whats in new bill Cuomo is railroading thru tonight with out the 3 day wait for public and legal scutiny!

The package hits on several fronts including a much tighter assault weapon ban and restrictions on ammunition and the sale and storage of guns, according to final provisions obtained by The Associated Press. The package would also create a mandatory police registry of assault weapons under a more restrictive definition.

All private sales would be subject to a background check done through a licensed dealer and the bill would require the reporting of mentally ill people who say they intend to use a gun illegally, according to the provisions confirmed by five legislative officials.

The package is part of Gov. Andrew Cuomo's gun control bill and priorities of Democratic and Republican legislators in the Assembly and Senate. The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because rank-and-file lawmakers were still signing off on some provisions.

Under current state law, assault weapons are defined by having two features spelled out in law. The proposal would reduce that to one feature and include the popular pistol grip.

Private sales of assault weapons to someone other than an immediate family would be subject to a background check through a dealer. Also Internet sales of assault weapons would be banned, and failing to safely store a weapon could be subject to a misdemeanor charge.

Ammunition magazines would be restricted to seven bullets, from the current 10, and current owners of higher-capacity magazines would have a year to sell them out of state. An owner caught at home with eight or more bullets in a magazine could face a misdemeanor charge.

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm sure lots of mentally ill people are going to say they intend to use a gun illegally....

"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry dude. Not much you guys can do when that big cancer, NYC, is still attached.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I hope this is the straw that gets this [bleep] and his dem cronies vote out

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I just hope one or more of the organizations that I have supported with my contributions and donations will have the courage to fight this in the courts. I have my doubts though.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
[bleep]! I feel for you guys.

I hope someday you can shove this up their azzes while lit on fire.

Dink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm so pissed off I can't think straight!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
its very hard with all the dems here in NY,while anything in the form of gun control hurts,it could be worse,watch on a federal level this will peter out and us in the state "will lead the way"

Last edited by rong; 01/14/13. Reason: spelling oops
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yeah, there are very few things more deadly than a pistol grip on a shoulder arm. smirk

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Southerntier8
I'm so pissed off I can't think straight!

The same way I was on the night I learned blowbammy stole the election through voter fraud, I gave the Men the rest of the week off with pay so I could think without being bothered.

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
An owner caught at home with eight or more bullets in a magazine could face a misdemeanor charge.
[bleep] 'em.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
yep and does that mean if you only have 7 loaded its ok to have the 10 round magazine WTF

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I hope to hell my senator and assemblyman are fighting this and vote against it....this back room horseschit behind door from the full assembly is treasonous!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

Ammunition magazines would be restricted to seven bullets, from the current 10, and current owners of higher-capacity magazines would have a year to sell them out of state. An owner caught at home with eight or more bullets in a magazine could face a misdemeanor charge.

That pretty much guts your selection of pistols, since most manufacturers won't produce a NY only magazine for their firearms...by design I'm sure.

yep and does that mean if you only have 7 loaded its ok to have the 10 round magazine WTF

I imagine that would mean a trip to the hoosegow... eek

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

That pretty much guts your selection of pistols, since most manufacturers won't produce a NY only magazine for their firearms...by design I'm sure.
Lots of handguns already have a 7 or less round mag capacity. E.g., the 1911 and the Kahr P-9.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Exactly was at my dealers today and he said as much the manufactures won't do this just for NY they won't sell to NY

See folks again they start out screaming AR's AR's but underhandedly they will make a large majority of the handguns we already own useless or illegal to use because of this 7 round magazine schit...its be very calculated! Mean while 3/4 of the gun owners in NY are oblivious and will squeal like a stuck pig when it's too late!

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Dan, you need to move to Texas ASAP. We have room for you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gotta be a court injunction brought tomorrow I'd think?

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Everyone wants me but TX would be on my short list for sure!
[bleep] I may just have to run for office here and straighten schit out....never mind that won't work my sex tapes would surface

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Nothing personal Dan, but as a whole, I have nothing for Yankees. The most apathetic, self-centered, ignorant people I've ever met.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (280Ackleyrized, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 3040Krag, 1936M71, 45 invisible), 1,674 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,046
Posts18,521,156
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.