Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
This sure does not read pro-gun, IMO. And it sure looks like he was hand-picked by the anti-gunners of a familiar stench, (you can read that anti 2nd Amendment from there on, I would think).

Edit below too post link:
http://www.bobbyscott.house.gov/ind...mp;view=article&id=314&Itemid=68

Scott Named a Vice Chair of Gun Violence Prevention Task Force

Attention: open in a new window. PDFPrint

WASHINGTON, DC � Today, Congressman Robert C. "Bobby" Scott (D-VA) was appointed a vice chair of a congressional Gun Violence Prevention Task Force by its chair, Congressman Mike Thompson (D-CA). The task force was established by House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi in wake of the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut to investigate what steps Congress can take now and in the future to reduce gun violence.

Congressman Bobby Scott serves as the Ranking Member of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security. He is a known leader of legislative efforts to reduce crime and prevent youth violence by advocating for comprehensive, evidence-based solutions. Following the Columbine tragedy, he co-led a bi-partisan effort to develop juvenile crime prevention and accountability legislation that resulted in the Juvenile Accountability Block Grant Program (JABG) legislation which was cosponsored by every member of the Crime Subcommittee on both sides of the aisle and passed into law in 2002. He has also co-led bipartisan legislative efforts to add fines and suspensions to the tools available to the ATF to enable the agency to more effectively enforce gun sale and transfer regulations and he has worked to close the gun show loophole.

Most recently, Congressman Scott has introduced the Youth PROMISE Act, which would provide resources to state and local governments for comprehensive, evidenced-based strategies and programs to prevent juvenile crime. He has also sponsored the CAMPUS Safety Act, which would create a National Center for Campus Public Safety at the Department of Justice. Additionally, in the 112th Congress, Congressman Scott cosponsored H.R. 308, the Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act, H.R. 1781, the Fix Gun Checks Act, and H.R. 2554, the Stop Gun Trafficking and Strengthen Law Enforcement Act.

"I am honored to serve as a vice chair of this very important effort to review what Congress can do to reduce gun violence," said Congressman Scott. "Obviously one single approach to ending gun violence will not be effective. What is needed is a comprehensive, evidence-based approach which will include gun safety, mental health, juvenile justice, and crime prevention initiatives. I look forward to working with Chairman Thompson and my colleagues on the taskforce on these issues in the 113th Congress."

Last edited by slopshot1; 01/14/13.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He's a traitor.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He's a democrat.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
IMO those who say they are forcing us to concentrate on guns right now in an effort to make us look away from other issues, may have a good point. The budget, debt, deficit, economy...It is crucial we keep up the heat on all fronts. Though it is difficult, one must remember that one of Obama's chief role models, Adolph Hitler, started a two front war.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (1936M71, admin, 44mc, 7887mm08, 8 invisible), 2,169 guests, and 880 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,644
Posts18,533,702
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.