Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

One thing...I'm telling you guys, you DON'T want to push our gun problems off onto mental health.

yeah no chit, one of the first groups to loose them is anyone that is depressed and according to most docs EVERYONE in chronic pain is depressed which means guys like ScottF, safariman, myself and others here will loose our guns real quick just cause we hurt.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mako25
No, you're not a criminal. Chasing chicks half your age isn't illegal...yet.

No clue what that's in reference to.

Read the laundry list of executive orders referenced here or on Calhoun's thread.

You made an assumption - and quite incorrectly at that.

I'm just ribbin' you my friend. I'm sorry if it was offensive. It was a joke, as was the quip about jaywalking. I don't view you as much of an outlaw. As to reading Calhoun's list of EO's, I assumed you hadn't.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
This is the most dangerous EO of the lot. This is how the DOJ can restrict gun ownership to political enemies through regulation.

Ex or retired military who once sought counseling for PTSD? No guns for you, you're a mental health risk.

Went to your MD once when you wife died for a prescription for depression? How about an anxiety script for stress when your company was laying off? Your not passing the comprehensive background check, buddy. You're a mental health risk.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Originally Posted by Foxbat
This one should scare the [bleep] out of intelligent people:

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
This one would be hilarious, if it wasn't so pathetic. Judicial Branch authority, a$$hole.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

When I read that one the first thing I thought was, i'm not telling any freaking dr what I own, it's none of their gd business. mad

If a doc or any of their staff asks......they aren't getting to treat my germs....

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by RISJR
IOW he didn't enact any registration. He didn't enact background checks. He didn't outlaw private sales or make them go through a dealer. He didn't enact a new AWB. He mainly did a bunch of lame shixt that has to already be going on anyway and suggested and/or mandated a bunch of new ways to spend money.
============

Hmmm...let me go back and check exactly who those few are who said exactly that while many were drawing battle plans to charge up that Hill!

The east and west coast state legislatures will do more damage to us. I should say the North-east states from Maryland north.

Doc

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

One thing...I'm telling you guys, you DON'T want to push our gun problems off onto mental health.

yeah no chit, one of the first groups to loose them is anyone that is depressed and according to most docs EVERYONE in chronic pain is depressed which means guys like ScottF, safariman, myself and others here will loose our guns real quick just cause we hurt.....
That's just the tip of the iceberg. I've been pleading, cajoling, yelling, preaching etc. but I thought it was falling on deaf ears. I've got some experience in the field and I can say with some certainty that it is overall more liberal than the field of education which many here seem to hate. You don't want those folks making up or enforcing the rules on who gets guns and who doesn't. Policing the schools on our own by clearing the pathways for honest gun owners to carry in gun free zones is the way to go.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I am just as paranoid as the next guy, but I didn't see anything in that list that seemed that alarming...?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Well Obama seems to have drawn more idiots out of the corner.
These people really don't have a clue.

"Sen. Patrick J. Leahy, the chamber's senior Democrat, said his home state of Vermont, which has a strong tradition of gun rights, has a rule limiting hunters using semiautomatic rifles to just six rounds of ammunition during deer-hunting seasons.

"Are we really saying as a nation we're going to be more protective of the deer than we are of our children? I think not," he said.Sen. Patrick J. Leahy, the chamber's senior Democrat, said his home state of Vermont, which has a strong tradition of gun rights, has a rule limiting hunters using semiautomatic rifles to just six rounds of ammunition during deer-hunting seasons.

"Are we really saying as a nation we're going to be more protective of the deer than we are of our children? I think not," he said.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...-guns-treat-children-better-deer/#ixzz2I

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I am just as paranoid as the next guy, but I didn't see anything in that list that seemed that alarming...?

If you're not alarmed by #4, you're far too trusting.

You don't have to ban guns, if you can decide which people are a too "risky" to own them.

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Y'all will need to watch what you post now! Half the chit posted here would make the poster a mental risk.

Catman ... hide your guns dooooood. You're #1 on the list. grin

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hmmm...let me go back and check exactly who those few are who said exactly that while many were drawing battle plans to charge up that Hill!

[Linked Image]

wink

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I don't know ANYONE that can say they've never been depressed in one way or another.

That is a slope that needs to be addressed to an extent, but a VERY SLIPPERY one at best.

Bottom line they are not after gun control but people control. No people control no communism. The question then is have they indoctrinated enough sheeple to finally allow this thing to slide off the cliff and start its free fall, or are there enough patriots left to stand up and say nope.

Never mind the fact you can NOT protect everyone against everything. Kinda why in the old west they all carried firearms, you just never knew and they at least had the personal responsibility to care for their own and themselves. And it wasn't illegal at the time.

Just think a bit, at any given time most choices of defense are the MOST modern ones out there, simply because the criminals will have the same. Meeting a gangbanger with a glock 40(boy I hate that generilization for some reason) wiht a brown bess just ain't gonna cut it.

At least after the enactment of all this, all the criminals and insane will turn themselves and their weapons in.....You only have to look at our prison system to see a place where you never see a weapon or a murder or assualt, since all of the above are simply strictly forbidden by law....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stray round

"Sen. Patrick J. Leahy, the chamber's senior Democrat, said his home state of Vermont, which has a strong tradition of gun rights, has a rule limiting hunters using semiautomatic rifles to just six rounds of ammunition during deer-hunting seasons.

"Are we really saying as a nation we're going to be more protective of the deer than we are of our children? I think not," he said.Sen. Patrick J. Leahy, the chamber's senior Democrat, said his home state of Vermont, which has a strong tradition of gun rights, has a rule limiting hunters using semiautomatic rifles to just six rounds of ammunition during deer-hunting seasons.

"Are we really saying as a nation we're going to be more protective of the deer than we are of our children? I think not," he said.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...-guns-treat-children-better-deer/#ixzz2I

When will they ever get it through their thick skulls that the 2nd A isn't about hunting? mad

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Foxbat
This is the most dangerous EO of the lot. This is how the DOJ can restrict gun ownership to political enemies through regulation.

Ex or retired military who once sought counseling for PTSD? No guns for you, you're a mental health risk.

Went to your MD once when you wife died for a prescription for depression? How about an anxiety script for stress when your company was laying off? Your not passing the comprehensive background check, buddy. You're a mental health risk.

I agree. Even before recent events and this particular EO, a person's mental health condition could be used against him/her.

One example I'm aware of happened near here several years ago.
A friend of a co-worker was at a popular local summer celebration when a catastrophic fireworks explosion took place. IIRC, at least one person was killed and at least another lost a limb. It was this same limb that struck my co-worker's friend, causing PTSD.

He sought treatment for his condition and subsequently lost his State issued CCW.

Foxbat is absolutely right on this. It's happened before and could be a very useful tool for this administration.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
IOW he didn't enact any registration. He didn't enact background checks. He didn't outlaw private sales or make them go through a dealer. He didn't enact a new AWB. He mainly did a bunch of lame shixt that has to already be going on anyway and suggested and/or mandated a bunch of new ways to spend money.
============

Be advised, if you thought that's what I meant when I made my "line in the sand" statement, you were sorely mistaken. I have nor had any plans like you're speaking of. I urge non-violent means towards keeping ALL our gun rights intact. I can speak for nobody but myself. I've preached about not going down the mental health road on this subject for a month now and related to that, I think anybody "drawing up battle plans" is just asking to be a beta tester for the bi-partisan commitment laws that the government is just bound to pass since so many seem to want them.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

Definitions and implementation is what needs to be watched closely. While I'd agree that most of this looks pretty innocuous there's a few that have the potential to be abused.

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by stray round

Mr Patrick Leahy(prick that you are)

Since when do deer shoot back? [bleep].

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is the most dangerous EO of the lot.

Simply a point of debarkation.

NY is leading the way, CA will follow, then MI, IL, MA,.......

The immediate goal being to make illegal, all but single shot, or low capability firearms - that will attempted state-by-state.

The template is the same as the offensive launched on big tobacco, and big oil. Sway public opinion, make manufacturers of firearms responsible for their use, tax the hell out of firearms, and components to load 'em, thereby creating a defacto ban.

People won't be able to afford to buy, or use 'em, and manufacturers will be bankrupted.

Gladened the EO's weren't worse, but fully understand, it's just the beginning.

I've seen it before (so have you).

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I was quite happy with the press conference. Dealing with the annointed one is another story. You could point out him contradicting, outright lies, and so on. But it reminds me of elephants mating, a lot of smoke but not much action. In reading those 23 points of executive action, a lot of smoke. The REAL nasty stuff has to get by congress, which is a whole different story. The feeling i get is they don't want to go there, that is the congress critters. There is that bothersome run using health care professionals. I had to recently complete a form questionaire for the health care chain my doctor works for, and there were some questions on there, not gun related, that i just didn't think i needed to answer.
I think thaalso would be applicable for anybody that actually owned firearms. I don't like that road on using psych on gun related matters. No one wants a psycho to own guns or use them, but you are on a slippery slope. As others here have pointed out.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
============

that

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,137
Posts18,484,018
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.