Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#7288203 01/09/13
dubya Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
dWell i actually sold the one pistol i owned that i always said id never sell (and i already miss it). With the recent craziness going on i jumped on the bandwagon and sold my FN FiveseveN with 13 twenty round mags, 450 rounds of ss197 ammo, 50 rounds of Elite Ammo T6, a holster and a rail light all for....$3,920. I made a pretty nice profit on it so i decided to get a few new pistols. I bought a Kimber Pro Covert, Kimber Solo CDP, FN FNP-45 Competition, a FN FNS 9 and 700 UMC 9mm rounds.

Anyway, i played with a FNS at the LGS and really like the feel of it. I like it better than my Glock 19 and Ruger SR9 by alot and I'm really surprised that FN pistol's don't have as big of a following as the other big hitters that make polymer pistol's. I bought mine on GB instead of the shop because it was $115 cheaper (NIB) than at the LGS. They come with three 17 round mags, factory night sights, its striker fired, completely ambidextrous and fits like a glove. I highly suggest to anyone looking for a new full sized 9 to check one out and compare them to the G17, SR9, M&P9, ect and i bet you'll be surprised. I haven't had a chance to hit the range yet but i will this weekend as long as there's not a 45 min wait (been extremely busy there the past 2-3 weeks....). Does anyone else have a FNS (or any FN pistol) and what do you think about it? Any malfunctions with certain ammo? Any opinions are welcome!

Thanks for reading my short story lol,
Cory

GB1

dubya Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
For $529 it's hard to find a better deal, especially with factory night sights and 3 high cap mags.
I almost forgot to mention probably the best feature that really sets it apart from the striker fired competition is that it has a manual safety. I know a lot of people probably don't care that their Glock doesn't have a manual safety but to me it's one of the best features of the gun (besides the stock night sights & 3 mags)

Oh and its made right here in the USA! I'm getting more and more excited to try it out and that's unusual for me with a "dime a dozen" polymer pistol.

Last edited by dubya; 01/09/13.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are great guns! I got mine when FN first released the 9mm version. I've put lots of rounds down range & never had a problem with it. Mines pretty accurate, too.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
dubya Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
What color scheme is yours? I have the black frame & matte stainless slide. My FNP-45 is all black, and my FiveseveN is FDE. I wouldn't mind a FNX-45 Tactical in FDE but they're selling for $2000+ on GB now when a month ago they were $1300-$1500.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mine is the black frame & stainless slide.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I haven't shot or handled the FNS, but I really like my FNP-9. Like you, I am surprised that they fly under the radar the way they do.....

Regards,

Tom
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I am suprised you got replies to your question. A few months ago I started a thread about FNS and got no replies. Unfazed by that, I purchased a FNS in 9mm. Love the gun. Good deal for the money, very accurate, and fits my hand.

I am also very surprised that FN in general is not as popular as other brands. Oh well, it makes me feel like I know something other people don't.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Any other FNS owners out there? Would love you hear your thoughts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm very happy with my FNP .45. It's been 100 reliable and very accurate through about 1500rds. That and there is no denying 15 +1 rounds of .45 ACP for woods packing and sits in the night stand with a light for things that go bump in the night.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I have the 45 ACP in the FN model. It is by far the most accurate factory 45 acp that I have ever fired, and is more accurate than the Kimber gold stainless match straight out of the box. I had the Kimber's lugs lapped and a tight bushing installed and it is a tack driver now.

The FN also feeds the 200g SWC with out a hiccup, 6.0g of UNIque is very impressive with this pistol at 25 yards.

I would like to have every pistol that FN makes to give them a run through.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'll confess, to my knowledge I can't remember noticing anything made by FN, but after your (and the others) positive comments, I googled it and have to say that to me, it bears a pretty fair resemblance to my recently purchased SR9, at least as far as the overall profile. I'm happy for you that you like it.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My younger brother was about to purchase a gun for home defense, since a few scary things have happened in his area recently, and was pretty set on getting a Glock 19 (he wanted 9mm since he knows he likes it, and figures it's not too much for his wife to handle).

However, with the craziness going on now, the price of Glocks has gone absolutely through the roof--it literally seems like there is a $2-400 premium on them (if you can even find them). I guess maybe because so many first-time gun buyers are going online and just getting "a Glock" since they know the name. Meanwhile, the humble FNS (& FNX) are still at more-or-less their original price. (NB: I know that Glocks are great guns, so it's not a dig, just my best explanation for why the Glock prices have gone through the roof. The only other explanation I can come up with is that FNH had a big inventory or were able to really quickly produce a lot (they're made here in the US, after all.)

In any case, I was really impressed by the FNS a few months ago, and mentioned it to my bro. He checked it out and loved it as well--there's really nothing to dislike unless you have a problem w/ the manual safety. He's about to be a new happy member of your FNS owning club, and I'm happy that he and his family will be well taken care of...

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us." Jn 1:14

"The expense is reckoned, the enterprise is begun; it is of God; it cannot be withstood. So the faith was planted: So it must be restored." -St. Edmund Campion (+1581)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

265 members (1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 257_X_50, 1beaver_shooter, 33 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,113
Posts18,483,440
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.