Hop To
#7339437 01/20/13
B
BuzzH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
For all the Wyoming resident and nonresident hunters out there who place value in your preference points, tomorrow HB124 is going to be heard in committee.

This bill allows the transfer of bonus points from one hunter to another, which will greatly devalue acquired preference points. Those with family members willing to give up their points to other family members will jump to the front of the line...meaning those that currently have "max points" will not have max points any longer.

Very bad bill, heres the information:

Tomorrow Wyoming HB 124, the transfer of preference points bill, is being heard in Committee by the Travel, Recreation, Wildlife Committee...

Here's the list of the committee members:

Bruce.Burnswyoleg.gov (bruce.burnswyoleg.gov); aul.Barnardwyoleg.gov" target="_blank">Paul.Barnardwyoleg.gov (paul.barnardwyoleg.gov); Leland.Christensenwyoleg.gov (leland.christensenwyoleg.gov); Bernadine.Craftwyoleg.gov (bernadine.craftwyoleg.gov); Kathy.Davisonwyoleg.gov (kathy.davisonwyoleg.gov); avid.Blevinswyoleg.gov" target="_blank">David.Blevinswyoleg.gov (david.blevinswyoleg.gov); John.Freemanwyoleg.gov (john.freemanwyoleg.gov); Gerald.Gaywyoleg.gov (gerald.gaywyoleg.gov); Marti.Halversonwyoleg.gov (marti.halversonwyoleg.gov); Lynn.Hutchingswyoleg.gov (lynn.hutchingswyoleg.gov); Allen.Jaggiwyoleg.gov (allen.jaggiwyoleg.gov); Samuel.Kronewyoleg.gov (samuel.kronewyoleg.gov); Garry.Piiparinenwyoleg.gov (garry.piiparinenwyoleg.gov);

If you dont want your points, either as a resident or Nonresident, devalued by this abuse of legislative authority...let them know.

As written this bill allows anyone, for any reason to pass their points on to a family member:

(m) The holder of any valid big game preference
10 points may, once in the holder's lifetime, apply in writing
11 to the department to transfer his currently accumulated
12 preference points for one (1) or more species to a
13 specified recipient who is an immediate family member in a
14 format as established by commission rule and regulation.

15 Any preference points transferred in accordance with the
16 provisions of this subsection shall be for the same species
17 as the preference points donated and shall be transferred
18 to a recipient with the same residency status as the
19 donating person. The preference points shall be
20 transferred by the department to the specified recipient
21 for a fee of thirty-five dollars ($35.00) per species. Any
22 preference points donated and transferred under the
23 provisions of this subsection shall not be sold, purchased,
24 traded, auctioned or offered for any monetary value and
2013 STATE OF WYOMING 13LSO-0352
5 HB0124
1 shall not be issued to, or used by, any person other than
2 the specified recipient. Preference points transferred to
3 a recipient shall be subject to all other limitations and
4 restrictions on preference points as if the recipient
5 earned the preference points as otherwise provided by law.
6 For purposes of this subsection, "immediate family member"
7 means a spouse, child or stepchild.

Looks like this one will also be a break even, or no net gainer for the Department...and in all likelyhood cost the WYG&F additional funds they dont have.

The bill Sponsors are:

House:Baker, Filer and Larsen and Senator(s) Barnard and Hicks

Their contact information is:

Mark.Bakerwyoleg.gov, Lloyd.Larsenwyleg.gov, Paul.Barnardwyoleg.gov, Larry.Hickswyoleg.gov, Lee.Filerwyoleg.gov

This bill is being heard in committee tomorrow morning at 7:30 am and I will be attending. I know its last minute, but thats how they do things over in Cheyenne, trying to slip stuff like this through. The committee will be meeting in room H-10.

If you value you're acquired preference points, I'd suggest sending in some feedback.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

So I will be able to buy a bunch of preference points off ebay? Wouldn't that just change the rationing of permits from a lottery to the highest bidder?

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Only if the other person is an immediate family member. Still sounds like a terrible bill, as bad as the Come Home to Hunt deal here in MT.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
it would be a great thing for me for a few years but certainly not in the long run. It will be a damn mess if this passes.

Also sent emails, but doubt they will even be read before a decision is made.

Last edited by rosco1; 01/20/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh HELL NO! I'll be writing some letters for this crap

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

IC B2

B
BuzzH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Its just being heard in Committee, I'll do what I can to illustrate the point with them tomorrow about the potential abuses.

I think theres a good chance this may not get out of committee...I'll keep you all posted.

Also, thank you to those 1%ers who are taking the time to write...it DOES make a difference.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kill it in committee...emails going out!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
B
BuzzH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Thanks to those taking the time to write those emails...this type of Legislative BS has got to stop.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For any of you writing letters, don't forget the "straw man" argument. For example, all of a sudden, my non hunting brothers and in laws would be applying for points so I could use them in the future

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
By the way the David Blevins address doesn't seem to work. Everyone else got a letter from me

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the heads up, I'll start emailing now. Not sure how much it matters as a non-res but what the heck can't hurt I guess.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
B
BuzzH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Just got back from Cheyenne...this one is done and wont make it out of committee. I think it may come around again in the future, but it wont be this session.

Those emails made a big difference guys, the committee made several comments that they had received A LOT of emails about this.

I know theres times that hunters dont feel their voices are being heard, but at least in this case, they heard you all loud and clear.

Thank you to those that took the time to send your comments.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Phew!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well done Buzz and those who took the time to comment.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 52 invisible), 2,280 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,620
Posts18,511,927
Members74,008
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.