-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Wow when I bought my Glock 21 Gen 4 I never thought that getting ammo for it would be a problem. I was wrong. I passed up some Winchester ammo at Dicks Sporting Goods because I saw a 100 pack at Walmart that was $10.00 cheaper. Went to Walley World to find that they were sold out. Went back to Dicks and found what they had was gone. No problem because I was heading for Cabeleas in Maine. Well Cabeleas had two boxes at $33.99 each. I felt they could be had cheaper so down the road I went to Kittery Trading Post. I have never seen so many people in the gun department at Kittery. It was like a big feeding frenzy. Well to say the least I came home empty. Tried again today and went to a Walmart in NH. Clerk said he stocked 45acp that morining and they were gone by 11:00am. I lucked out and was able to purchase the last two boxes of hollow points. Just went back to dicks here in Vt. and found they had stocked some PMC 45's. I have never used this brand but decided to pick up 4 boxes and call it a day. Oh ya Glock 13 rd. mags seem to not exsist at this time either. Crazy

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Are you just looking for ball/fmj? I may have a source depending on when you're going to be back this way.... wink

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
have looked for any 223 ??? people are out of their minds 1000 round lots on GB have been selling for over 1200 bucks !!!!

wow ! am I glad I reload

plab

Gotta love them 303's
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I went to a gun auction yesterday, strictly for entertainment, I did not buy anything. Add 7% buyer's premium to all prices below. Also add $10 transfer fee on each gun.

DPMS A-15............ $1850

Tapko AK-47.......... $1500

50 round AK magazine. $100

30 round AK mags. 8@ $55 each

Mil-surp 30 rnd AR mag $30

Federal American Eagle .223fmj 20 rounds. 7@ $14 each

50 round boxes of .22LR (mostly CCI Blazer) 17@ $6 each
(Yes, someone paid $109.14 for 850 rounds of 22LR!)

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My local Bi MArt is completely out of gunpowders for reloading excpt for some black powder substitue and some LEverevolution powder. I needed some Lil Gun for my 22 K Hornet, I am going to have to make what is left in my old can LAST, it looks like. Good thing that round only eats powder 13 grains at a time. Little rounds like this one might become new favorites for similar reasons they were big during the depression years. Hard to not like a round that gets me to 310fps with only 13 grains of gunpowder!

This too, shall pass, IMO.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yea I feel ya. Guess I need a kick in the head. Bought some Federal bulk .22 the other day. 525 round I believe. Paid...$45!!!

A man's got to know his limitations!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Heck just try and find some plain wrap 22LR.... It's nuts right now.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by safariman
My local Bi MArt is completely out of gunpowders for reloading excpt for some black powder substitue and some LEverevolution powder. I needed some Lil Gun for my 22 K Hornet, I am going to have to make what is left in my old can LAST, it looks like. Good thing that round only eats powder 13 grains at a time. Little rounds like this one might become new favorites for similar reasons they were big during the depression years. Hard to not like a round that gets me to 310fps with only 13 grains of gunpowder!

This too, shall pass, IMO.

Holy cow,,, and I thought NY was bad....Thats robbery. Luckily my local shop I frequent has not raised prices at all, even when he gets new stuff.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GrnMtnBoy
Wow when I bought my Glock 21 Gen 4 I never thought that getting ammo for it would be a problem. I was wrong. I passed up some Winchester ammo at Dicks Sporting Goods because I saw a 100 pack at Walmart that was $10.00 cheaper. Went to Walley World to find that they were sold out. Went back to Dicks and found what they had was gone. No problem because I was heading for Cabeleas in Maine. Well Cabeleas had two boxes at $33.99 each. I felt they could be had cheaper so down the road I went to Kittery Trading Post. I have never seen so many people in the gun department at Kittery. It was like a big feeding frenzy. Well to say the least I came home empty. Tried again today and went to a Walmart in NH. Clerk said he stocked 45acp that morining and they were gone by 11:00am. I lucked out and was able to purchase the last two boxes of hollow points. Just went back to dicks here in Vt. and found they had stocked some PMC 45's. I have never used this brand but decided to pick up 4 boxes and call it a day. Oh ya Glock 13 rd. mags seem to not exsist at this time either. Crazy
Unless you've got like a vehicle that gets crazy good mileage you're fooling yourself looking all over for a "deal". Unless you've got some other business in a given area, you're using more gas money than you'd spend if you just took the hit. You should've just bought the two boxes you first could have got.

hikerbum what shop do you go to?

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
My brother and I do alot of antique picking so the stores we check for ammo and magazines are all along the way. So far best prices for 45acp I found was Walmart $39.99 for box of 100, then Dicks at $24.99 a box and Kittery Trading Post $27.99 Most expensive was Cabela's $33.99. Got a gun show comming up here in Barre Vt. Can't wait to see what the mark up is going to be.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by GrnMtnBoy
Got a gun show comming up here in Barre Vt. Can't wait to see what the mark up is going to be.

That Barre show is usually pretty good. And one of the guys that does the Manchester and Concord NH shows (has a lot of ammo and reloading components, powder etc) is usually there in Barre too. When I checked with him in Manchester a couple weeks ago, he wasn't gouging. Had 1000 rounds of 40 S&W for $279 I think.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
GrnMtnBoy, you forgot the store Singletons, they were selling Federal 45acp ammo for 39.95 for a box of 50. Now I'm glad I took up reloading. It was great to have a friend who was willing to take the time to teach me how to do it. I can't wait for the show in Barre,it will be interesting to see what prices will be. Meanwhile like I said keep all your brass.

Last edited by blklabs; 01/22/13.

I don't like shooting a friends new gun for fear I'll want to buy one!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

277 members (2ndwind, 308xray, 30Gibbs, 338Rules, 257_X_50, 34 invisible), 2,174 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,862
Posts18,478,596
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.