Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by dubePA
The last remaining large gun dealer pulled the plug today. S&W, Ruger, Benelli, Franchi and others went with them.

One unmentioned upshot of all of this (intended or not) is that it may well be the end of the largest/oldest outdoors show in the east?

Then again, perhaps that was the intention all along?

Maybe time for a group of entrepreneurs to start up another show with a pro gun attitude.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Progressive is a signature outfit to the Sport, Boat and Vacation Show here in Louisville next week, too.

First time, though, that they've been a presence at the Louisville show. I wasn't going to the show anyway, but I can see Progressive there, trying to sell boat, ATV, and camper insurance. I have to work, but even when I wasn't working weekends, I passed up the chance to go to this one.

Somebody should protest them, there at the show.

Let me take this opportunity to thank everyone who boycotts the Eastern, in spite of whatever financial hardship it causes them. You people are the ones who make a country great, the ones so committed to honor that you'd give up your wealth in it's name. You people are the equals of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, who gave their property, lives and even the lives of their family members in the name of freedom. God bless you.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I'll link to the latest list of 181 vendors, large and small plus 23 celebrities.
http://mynortheastoutdoors.com/esos-boycott-supporters/

This group is also setting up a website as a virtual "Show" for all vendors joining in the boycott. They also have a post for Trop Gun Shop in PA. They will have a drawing for folks who buy from the virtual shopping list and provide a copy of the receipt. The winner will get a free AR. See link below for information.

http://mynortheastoutdoors.com/press-release-for-immediate-release/

Blessings, RickySor - MSG (Ret), USA
RM 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Due to Reed Exhibitions' refusal to reconsider their decision to ban Modern Sporting Rifles from the February 2-10 Eastern Sports Show in Harrisburg, PA, the National Rifle Association has decided to withdraw from the show. We had called on Reed Exhibitions to reconsider their decision; unfortunately they have steadfastly refused to do so. As a result, the NRA will not be participating in the upcoming show in Harrisburg or in any other shows hosted by Reed Exhibitions that maintain this policy. We are disappointed that Reed Exhibitions has ignored the concerns expressed by attendees, the outdoor industry and the NRA in not reconsidering their position to ban the display of Modern Sporting Rifles.

Last edited by pa_gus; 01/22/13.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i love it when big companies step in [bleep] up to their neck all for being "pc"

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Thanks for reporting this.This is excellent, we need a show of solidarity....and i think this is the first of many.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The NRA leaving the show speaks volumes.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The NRA leaving the show speaks volumes.

Big Time!

Looks like it's only gonna be an RV & Boat show by Feb 2nd.

Last edited by slg888; 01/22/13.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Don't know about the rest of you, but I am gonna cut and paste a copy of both lists of folks.... Those that stood together in boycott AND those who didn't...

When I buy products in the future I WILL look at those lists to determine who gets MY money!...

"If the American flag was a rifle cartridge, it would be a .30-'06"

"The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition" Robert Ruark...
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
good job. Contacting everyone that pulled and let them know that sportsmen really appreciate what they did.

printing out list and will use any product or services by those who supported the boycott.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 99Lover
Don't know about the rest of you, but I am gonna cut and paste a copy of both lists of folks.... Those that stood together in boycott AND those who didn't...

When I buy products in the future I WILL look at those lists to determine who gets MY money!...

Damn straight!!

I'd also like to see every hunting related board post a big fat sticky showing which companies went and which didn't.

Would make a nice quick reference when we're ready to spend our money.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
This is most exciting. A little unity goes a long way.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
My normal group of 10 guys who go each year, for over 10 years now, has bailed on this year's show.

Because of hotel reservations already paid, some will go only to hit the perimeter places such as Cabelas, etc.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
has bailed on this year's show

I hope that repeats itself many times over, and I hope the NRA convention is overwhelmed.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I was looking forward to attending this years show as I have for the past 25 years or so. Not sure I will be attending this year. Thanks to all the vendors that pulled out and are just hurting us the sports enthusiast and consumer. I support your rights to disagree with Reed Exhibitions decision, but once again taking the easy way out. Why not take a stand and protest at the show. Educate the public and inform us of what you are fighting for. I will keep a list of vendors that pull out and be sure to never support you again. Hey you not only are boycotting Reed Exhibiions, but you are also boycotting the consumer. Thanks Again!!!!!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RobertS13
I was looking forward to attending this years show as I have for the past 25 years or so. Not sure I will be attending this year. Thanks to all the vendors that pulled out and are just hurting us the sports enthusiast and consumer. I support your rights to disagree with Reed Exhibitions decision, but once again taking the easy way out. Why not take a stand and protest at the show. Educate the public and inform us of what you are fighting for. I will keep a list of vendors that pull out and be sure to never support you again. Hey you not only are boycotting Reed Exhibiions, but you are also boycotting the consumer. Thanks Again!!!!!

That would be convenient for you wouldn't it?

If you want people to listen you hit them where it hurts and that is the wallet. Handing over the money and protesting at a show that you paid to attend is retarded. This is a matter of principle.

Tories ain't a new thing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You're really missing the point here, aren't you?

Stush
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RobertS13

Hi Reed. Nice try.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
The point is that I look forward to attending this show with my dad and brother every year. A few other friends as well. It is their right to boycott, but it hurts me as well. Why should I support the people that hurt me? and no I am not Reed. LOL The easy way out is to not show is my point.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

195 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 308xray, 1minute, 260Remguy, 264mag, 30 invisible), 2,136 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,116
Posts18,483,457
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.