Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
In WY.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Thought it was OTC. Email me the info plz.

Nice to hear from you Lee.

Steve

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Chipolopolo
Hatari,
Johnny still can hunt Tondwa if you haven't shot your sitatunga. They still have that concession till I believe 2015. I've been there twice.

And Jorge,
I will not be drawn into a AR pissing match. This thread has stayed a cordial discussion.

I have NO intention of drawing you or anybody else into a pissing match. Suffice to say, Tom and Jeff have impeccable reputations here and with me and that about covers it. Cordial? I think you better go back and read what some have posted.

Internet forums crack me up. Ant farms have always been entertaining. The idea of social media was floated back in the day in the Fatherland but the Fuhrer shot it down as he felt face to face interactions were far more productive and always more polite. That and the fact he was worried people would spend too much time behind a computer compiling thousands of posts in order to gain credibility and not enough interacting with real people. He was always very perceptive and usually spot on when it came to human nature.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have an sneeking suspision that Chipolopolo might be an old friend of mine pulling my leg. Chip - you not from the Boston area, are you? cool

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jorge,

I was referring to what I had posted.

Steve

Or maybe not. I didn't see this post signed Steve. Thought you might be my buddy Tom Hunt.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah he was real perceptive when it came to human nature. Great, the Fuhrer was the first Dr Phil..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColKlink
Hatari,
Johnny still can hunt Tondwa if you haven't shot your sitatunga. They still have that concession till I believe 2015. I've been there twice.

And Jorge,
I will not be drawn into a AR pissing match. This thread has stayed a cordial discussion.

I have NO intention of drawing you or anybody else into a pissing match. Suffice to say, Tom and Jeff have impeccable reputations here and with me and that about covers it. Cordial? I think you better go back and read what some have posted.

Internet forums crack me up. Ant farms have always been entertaining. The idea of social media was floated back in the day in the Fatherland but the Fuhrer shot it down as he felt face to face interactions were far more productive and always more polite. That and the fact he was worried people would spend too much time behind a computer compiling thousands of posts in order to gain credibility and not enough interacting with real people. He was always very perceptive and usually spot on when it came to human nature.

Are you a personal fan of the Fuhrer?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No. It was a joke, take a look at my avatar.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by moosemike
Hatari,

And Jorge,

Are you a personal fan of the Fuhrer?

Are you kidding me, What ever happened to a sense of humor? This is the kind of thing that is so pervasive on internet forum's. I figured this place might be different from others. So a guy has a name and an avatar that was based on a TV show, that make monkeys out of the Krauts in WW2 and you fail to see the humor?

I think it's damned funny.

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I wish the mods would lock this thread. I keep checking the newest updates for more on Capstick and I just see this bickering. It seems all the info on Capstick has been put on the table.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Major Hochstetter had a better sense of humor than some of the tightasses posting on this thread and the Gestapo were never known for their sense of levity, the Kriegsmarine were always much more jovial.

-Jefferson Davis
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Major Hochstetter had a better sense of humor than some of the tightasses posting on this thread and the Gestapo were never known for their sense of levity, the Kriegsmarine were always much more jovial.

Because some of us do not find any mirth in that particular subject.

Internet/computors in the 30's-40's....what planet do you play on?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Your diaper needs changing, I can smell you from here. Once your nappy is changed maybe you can go and look for a sense of humor.

-Jefferson Davis
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The personal arguments aside, this thread has been a great read for me. I first read "Death in the Long Grass" when I was about ten years old, and have read all Capstick's work save the autobiograpical stuff. About the same time I saw "In the Blood."

Charlatan or not, I loved reading him and remember the news clip in either Peterson's Hunting or NRA American Hunter that told of his death. I had understood he died on the table as a complication from surgery.

Isaiah 6:8

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Your diaper needs changing, I can smell you from here. Once your nappy is changed maybe you can go and look for a sense of humor.

What you can smell is emanating from your own cakehole.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

"Some of us" you mean, those of us with copious post counts? I just don't get it. Hogan's Hero's was a classic. I guess you didn't laugh at Gilligan's Island either? Life should be fun, laugh at those things that are meant to amuse. An African hunting forum is no place to take yourself this serious. I hope to get to Africa someday, I will make the very best of it, and enjoy every minute of every day. I came here to learn, look and laugh. Lets keep if fun

Steve

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
No, I mean some of us that had close family killed and otherwise during the second world war.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I guess you're probably not a fan of McHale's Navy or M*A*S*H (people got killed in Korea, too) then either. Or you could be offended by police comedies like Barney Miller or Police Squad because cops get killed all the time. You could also be offended by parodies like "Airplane" because a lot of people die in plane crashes. Grow a thicker skin, I'm sick of everyone today being "offended" by this or that.

Also, the actors who portrayed Col. Klink, Sgt. Schultz, Major Hochstetter, and Gen. Burckhalter were all Jewish and they weren't offended in any way by "Hogan's Heroes" so you look pretty stupid whining about being offended.

Last edited by ColKlink; 01/23/13.

-Jefferson Davis
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Yes, you are a complete twat...good-bye.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

677 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 02bfishn, 61 invisible), 3,185 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,837
Posts18,517,109
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.