S
Spike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Okay guys try this one...
<br>
<br>Stick an opened can of beer into the cavity of a chicken and stand the bird and beer upright on the barbeque.and shut the lid while it cooks. I haven't tried it yet but will. Apparently the skin becomes very crispy and the beer keeps the chicken moist from the inside. reported to be quite good.
<br>
<br>First, you have to drink about half the beer before you insert it into the chicken. This works best if you are cooking about a dozen birds. [Linked Image] Then insert the can into the rear of the chicken. The can will help the birds stand upright on the grill. Salt and pepper the birds and then spread a thin layer of Mayonnaise (optional) on the birds to keep them moist on the outside. Cook over slow coals for about 1 to 2 hours or until the inside temp is 180 degrees. Be careful when you take them off the grill....you'll burn yourself on the hot can.
<br>
<br>[Linked Image]

GB1

#73582 07/02/02
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well now Spike old bud I don't know about that one. I can sort of see it now. You throwing a back yard party. You got coals a going and alcohol fumes a circulating in the bar-b-q pit and the lid is closed and the grease is a sizzling and popping off them old chickens and you get a flare up. [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>All of a sudden the lid pops open and them chickens are taking off with a WHOOOOSH trailing smoke and flame. Sort of a gourmet SCUD battery. All the guests are scattering, knocking over the beans and 'tater salad. Somping on the watermelons, slipping on the cantaloupe. Stumbling over the deep dish peach pie. Spilling their iced tea. Hiding under the pic nic table. [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>There old Spike is, half lit, with his chef's hat drooped over one eye and his apron at half mast. Waving a hot pad, dodging assorted chicken parts and yelling INCOMEING INCOMEING. [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>That there recipe sounds too [color:red]dangerous</font color=red> for me.
<br>
<br>BCR
<br>
<br>

Quando Omni Moritati
#73583 07/02/02
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a slight varaition on your recipe. Drink all of the beer and fill the can half full of cranberry juice before sticking it into the chicken. What I want to know is how many beers did the guy drink who first tried this trick? PDS

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
#73584 07/02/02
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Well Spike if you havent tried it how are we to know that this isn't some sort of vegan trick that will do bodily harm to us meat eaters, . Would that be 3.2 or real beer? Lets say a good stout drink the beer eat the chicken and say you had a real good time[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
#73585 07/03/02
S
Spike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Boggy my friend, you've no sense of adventure.
<br>
<br>Actually I take that back, you survied your trip with Sonny...no wonder your playing things a little more safe these days. [Linked Image]

IC B2

#73586 07/03/02
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Uh, Spike, you got the wrong guy, I have never been to Texas and unfortunatly never met Sonny. But I did eat some armadilo egs this AM.
<br>
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.

Business as usual
#73587 07/04/02
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Bullwnkl: spike was replying to BCR. Don't know how you thought he referenced to you. Better get your eyes checked.[Linked Image]

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
#73588 07/04/02
S
Spike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Bull, oh I know you live on the wild side. Anyone that can pistol whip a piggy has got to be crazzzzy. [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Now somebody get a couple beers and some chickens and fire up the BBQ.....I sure as heck don't want to be the first to try. It's only fun until someone gets an eye poked out.

#73589 07/04/02
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm going to pass on the beer/chicken deal this time. I have knocked off for the day got some ribs and a brisket or two working. Watermelons are ice down. 'Tater salad is percolating and the beans are doing good. Mama just took the peach pie out of the oven and it do smell good. Going to get together with a bunch of friends this evening and give thanks we can do so in freedom. I wish you all could join us.
<br>
<br>You all know I like to kid around but I got to tell this story about my goofy ass neighbor and him trying to deep fry a turkey. Now it happened a lot faster than it takes to write so read fast!
<br>
<br>He had this roaring fire going under his pot of oil and while I was sitting off a ways sort of supervising he dropped it in the pot. Dropped it in tail first. I told him I thought that was wrong but he paid me no never mind.
<br>I stood up and the durn turkey was actually hopping up and down in that boiling hot oil. Every time it would come up a bubble of air traped inside woud escape. Looked like that poor turkey was passing gas which I guess it was in a sense.
<br>
<br>Every time it came up it would make a noise like BLLOORP and sink again. Spattered grease out of the pot and and that was flaming up.
<br>Neighbor was going AHWWWW, AHWWW and trying to get to the burner and turn it down. Then he threw a dish towel over the top of the pot to hold it in or smother it or something.
<br>
<br>I guess the air trapped inside that turkey finally got hot enough or the water turned to steam or something. Anyway, there was a low pitched SHAFOOOOMP and the turkey come out of the pot and rose about four feet in the air. The dish towell was trailing out behind and it sort of looked like a half fried, naked Super Man. Turkey did a couple of slow rolls and landed and just laid there rocking back and fourth. Pot was totally on fire and I was laying on the ground LMAO.
<br>
<br>Neighbor runs over to rescue the turkey and makes a scientific discovery. Turkeys, that have been in boiling oil don't cool off that fast. He has it by the legs and can't let go fast enough so he heaves it straight up in the air. Turkey is now airbourne for the second time.
<br>
<br>Bless you if when it came down it didn't hit the pot and knock it over turning over the burner in the process. Now he has a spreading pool of burning oil on his patio with the centerpiece being dinner.
<br>
<br>He runs in the garage and comes back with a 20# fire extinguisher and finally gets the fire out. Has white powder and burnt lube all over his patio plus one carburized turkey.
<br>
<br>He looks over the damage and turns to me and says, "I don't think it is supposed to turn out this way".
<br>
<br>No S**t Sherlock!
<br>
<br>We went and got a hamburger.
<br>
<br>BCR
<br>
<br>p.s. You all have a good fourth of July.

Quando Omni Moritati
#73590 07/04/02
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Here I go again, thinkin I am some one else, been happenin eversence I ate that beer can in the Bar-B-Q chicken and besides I don't need no stinking glasses thats what I buy Leoupolds for[Linked Image] oops.
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.

Business as usual
IC B3

#73591 07/04/02
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well just read Boggys latest news and you will be cured, nothing like a good laugh to brighten the day.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
#73592 07/04/02
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
OK something is very wrong here. DO ANY OF YOU KNOW HOW POed A CHICKEN GETS WHEN YOU TRY TO SHOVE A CAN OF BEER UP IT"S BUTT. They have very sharp nails on the end of their toes and the futher that beer goes the sharper those nails get. Am I doing something wrong? Oh BTY the damned thing wouldn't sit on the grill either. We had burgers too. even my brother-in-law wouldn't touch that beer after the chicken got rid of it.

Handgun Hunter no more. STILL LOVE THOSE .41's

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

304 members (1lesfox, 160user, 21, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 29 invisible), 1,799 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,066
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.