Hop To
Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe

stay out of it

I'm not telling the OP what to do here, but...
How do you think the friend would feel about you later down the line if he finds you that you knew about this and didn't tell him much earlier?

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
You do have to be careful with that. Many years ago, we noticed that the wife of the couple next door was having a torrid romance with another guy. Loyal to our friend, we let the air out of a couple of his tires one night just 'cause. Turned out it was wife swapping. Our friend was with Romeo's wife at the same time.

But, yeah, I'd tell my bud. Might be that he knows and doesn't care. But then the decision on what to do is his.

Be not weary in well doing.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

There is no good option.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How about telling her what you saw. You can tell her to fess up, or you will tell him.

Bitch.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025

There is no good option.
That's true, but there always is a best one.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fish head
If they have a happy marriage ... I'd say, stay out of it.

Some things are best left unsaid and unknown.

Do you really think they have a happy marriage?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by denton
You do have to be careful with that. Many years ago, we noticed that the wife of the couple next door was having a torrid romance with another guy. Loyal to our friend, we let the air out of a couple of his tires one night just 'cause. Turned out it was wife swapping. Our friend was with Romeo's wife at the same time.

But, yeah, I'd tell my bud. Might be that he knows and doesn't care. But then the decision on what to do is his.
Gotta be a pretty good friend or OKOK wouldn't know she was supposed to be in England. If it was wife swapping, more than likely the story wouldn't be that elaborate or exist at all. If it's wife swapping, I doubt his friend will get mad. Also, doubtful they'd be in some Target-type store, they'd instead have went straight to the motel room. Likely this is a meet with some dude from her work.

If OKOK doesn't tell his bud, his bud may be in for not only a hard fall psychologically, but financially as well. Sounds like a plan is involved here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by gunner500
Tell him, and get store surveillance of the event.

Gunner
That's a good idea. I would observe and not engage. Then report your recon intel to your buddy.

Right EE, I helped a Brotha out once in a similar situation, he said it saved him better than 60K a [bleep] year on child support and alimony. shocked fookin whores. mad

Gunner
Bros before Ho's.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just make sure your bro doesn't do something counterproductive like shoot them both or beat the shixt out of somebody. Stuff like this takes a cool head to prevail and violence ain't the answer.

okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I'm glad I'm not in your shoes.

Amen. That's a conundrum I wouldn't want to have to solve.

Try looking at it like this, okok. If you and your buddy reversed roles, what would you want him to do?

That's the first thing that came to my mind, I would want to know. I don't know if she even went to the UK? Maybe a co worker? THIS SUCKS!

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You should tell him. It's the right thing to do.

If I were him, I'd be cool... pick her up at the airport as planned, ask her about the trip, etc., and then later check her passport for the UK entry/exit stamps. If there's nothing there, you know what's up.

Eric

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by okok
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I'm glad I'm not in your shoes.

Amen. That's a conundrum I wouldn't want to have to solve.

Try looking at it like this, okok. If you and your buddy reversed roles, what would you want him to do?

That's the first thing that came to my mind, I would want to know. I don't know if she even went to the UK? Maybe a co worker? THIS SUCKS!
Sounds like you've seen from the body-language that it ain't a strictly business relationship...uh, well maybe monkey business, but you know.

I agree, it sukks.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
If I had knowledge of my pard cheating I would take it with me to my grave. If I had knowledge of his wife cheating he would know about it with an offer to help in any way I could.

I love my best friend's wife and kids like they are my own and would do anything for them. That said, he was my friend before his wife came along and will continue to be if they ever split. I'll still go to hell-and-back for the kids regardless.....

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I think I'd have to tell him. Or at least email him the link to this thread. crazy

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BlackFrog
I'm not telling the OP what to do here, but...
How do you think the friend would feel about you later down the line if he finds you that you knew about this and didn't tell him much earlier?

Yep. Tell him.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Like someone said before, I would hate to be in your shoes.

On a side note, why the fcuk would someone say they are going to Europe and then stay in the same town with their fling? Not only do you have to fake being in flipping Europe (don't they call each other?)you also highly risk getting seen.

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
If you knew he was cheating on her, would you tell her?

Kind of a valid question too.

My reply is I'd tell him what I thought I saw, as a friend, and let him take it from there. Because you also don't really know what you saw for sure. Though it seemed obvious.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Should have sat down at the table with her and asked when she got back.
That.. and:

Originally Posted by Stush
Tell him what you saw and leave it at that. Then get the hell out of the middle of it.
And:

Originally Posted by BlackFrog
Women can come and go, real friends last a lifetime.
Lotsa truth there...

Not a good scene no matter what happens.. frown

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Is she good looking? If she's on the prowl, you could ask her to join you for a drink.

Just kidding. shocked
You already heard all the logical answers.

Last edited by doubletap; 01/25/13.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Women come and go and real friends last a lifetime....

Thats why my wife is my best real friend.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (10gaugemag, 16gage, 117LBS, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,640 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,638
Posts18,512,172
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.