isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Obama suggests Republicans unwilling to compromise in gun control debate

Published January 27, 2013
FoxNews.com

President Obama is suggesting that House Republicans on the issue of gun control appear neither willing to work with him nor listen to the American public on the issue.

�The House Republican majority is made up mostly of members who are in sharply gerrymandered districts that are very safely Republican and may not feel compelled to pay attention to broad-based public opinion, because what they're really concerned about is the opinions of their specific Republican constituencies,� the president said in an interview with The New Republic.

Obama also said he can get 50 percent of public support for many of his upcoming initiatives, but �I can't get enough votes out of the House of Representatives to actually get something passed. � I think there is still shock on the part of some in the party that I won re-election.�

The president said he has a profound respect for the traditions of hunting that date back for generations.

He said that moving forward on the topic means understanding that the realities of guns in urban areas are very different from the realities of guns in rural areas.

He said it's understandable that people are protective of their family traditions when it comes to hunting so �gun-control advocates also need to do �a little more listening than they do sometimes� in the debate.

The interview appears in the Feb. 11 issue of The New Republic.

Obama also said one of the biggest factors in the gun-control debate will be how it is shaped by the media.

�If a Republican member of Congress is not punished on Fox News or by Rush Limbaugh for working with a Democrat on a bill of common interest, then you�ll see more of them doing it,� he said. �I think John Boehner genuinely wanted to get a deal done, but it was hard to do in part because his caucus is more conservative probably than most Republican leaders are, and partly because he is vulnerable to attack for compromising Republican principles and working with Obama.�

The president argued that �the more left-leaning media outlets recognize that compromise is not a dirty word� and that party leaders, including Senate Majority Harry Reid and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, are �willing to buck the more absolutist-wing elements in our party to try to get stuff done.�

Has Obama himself ever fired a gun? Yes, he says, he and others shoot skeet frequently at the president's Maryland retreat, Camp David.

The president also said much of the challenge in Washington is to make Americans feel that national politics is indeed connected to their day-to-day realities.

�And that�s not an unjustifiable view,� he said. So everything we do combines both a legislative strategy with a broad-based communications and outreach strategy to get people engaged and involved, so that it�s not Washington over here and the rest of America over there.�

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, the GOP better just have broad enough shoulders to bear the burden on the blame & continue not to cave.

As to Obama's comment that he can get 50% voter support, sure as hell does not give him any kind of mandate or leverage.

MM

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Obama the Real American Citizen has Spoken and we won't stand for the Constitution to be chit on by you and your Communist Administration . Time to quit using dead children to push your anti gun agenda

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Obama's attempting to dance around the fact Reid and 6-10 other dems won't have anything to do with it either.

He should have waited until he had at least 51 votes in the Senate before he spouted off this foolish blather.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He just realized it's going to take too much effort to disarm U.S. citizens.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"I won re-election."

Arrogant SOB.

"broad-based communications and outreach strategy"

In other words ... Government propaganda.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hunting! LMAO! The 2nd is in place to put down the likes of the National Lawn Jockey and his commissars.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Well, the GOP better just have broad enough shoulders to bear the burden on the blame & continue not to cave.

As to Obama's comment that he can get 50% voter support, sure as hell does not give him any kind of mandate or leverage.

MM
All that means even if it were true, is that the other 50% despise his sorry asss.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
After sending e-mails to everyone in Texas politics I expected some short responses from a few.I got long responses from all I e-mailed.I assume they got so many folks contacting them that they took time to assure everyone that they would not support gun control.I hope this is nation wide.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Dear Barry;

It's not about hunting.

Rural or urban, gun ownership is a fundamental right. You come off as sounding more than just a little afraid, and a fraud.

You're right about the media.

Please post a picture of you shooting a shotgun. We'd love to see it.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Obama seems ignorant that the legislative title of "Representative" points up the supposition that those elected should vote the will of their constituency.

Imagine the gall of those who do the bidding of those that sent them. And that notwithstanding that they all solemnly swore to uphold and defend our constitution.

It is clear that the elected leader of our nation wears the turned coat comfortably, and scorns those who refuse.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
And he was allegedly a Con Law professor.

William Arthur Ward

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Obama continues to push the hunting aspect of firearms and ignores the fact that the second amendment is not about with hunting

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's what I'd call a 'Legacy effect' to alla' this lame azzed dog and pony show these creeps have put on.

A.) While many of us were never in doubt, those who had doubts about his admin's facist agendas now KNOW what they are, "beyond any shadow".

B.) A LOT of Americans have made it their business to arm themselves, or bolster their inventory.

C.) The backlash generated LAW, generated in State Legislative assemblies,is going to REMAIN on more than a few State's books,...I'd hold up Arizona's 13-3121 as a good example.

Link: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...s/7363531/Gotta_Love_Arizona#Post7363531

All in all, I'd say the stupid bastards really screwed the pooch.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
To get as good at lying as he is,it's pretty obvious he has been practicing since somebody slapped him on the butt while holding him upside down. Just unbelievable. GD dems and liberals are the enemy, never mind Al Quaida and taliban. What a sorry bunch. Magnum Man

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
They had a little anti-gun rally in D.C. and thousands attended. At the Gun Show in Austin Tx. thousands attended yesterday and thousands will attend today. Just one show in one city. I have never seen such a crowd. Long line to get in from start to finish. Also, two dozen anti protesters were at the Capitol.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
I went through the protest in DC yesterday.

Maybe, maybe a thousand attended. There were far more pro 2A folks than the several you mentioned, as well.

A thousand or couple thousand here and there compared to 80 million?

William Arthur Ward

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
the old worn out and tired "The GOP wants to kill children" meme by Obama.

Next time he will trot out racism charges against the old rich white dinosaurs of the GOP.

Stand strong RINO'S

elections have consequences.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RISJR
The president said he has a profound respect for the traditions of hunting that date back for generations.........Has Obama himself ever fired a gun? Yes, he says, he and others shoot skeet frequently at the president's Maryland retreat, Camp David.

Obama is a filthy lying n*gger!!! How many times does that hybrid pavement-ape have to piss all over the shoes of Good White People before they realize that he really despises them and wants to treat them like Nelson "The Commie Terrorist" Mandela has treated the White Boers in South Africa???

As for his alleged "skeet shooting" activities, this is even more preposterous than Bill Clinton allegedly going duck hunting back in his first presidential campaign in 2000: nobody is buying what he's selling.

Note that "skeet shooting" is an acceptable activity for the upper-class elite and gun-grabbers, and has been used throughout the rest of the world as a way for political leaders to disarm the masses while simultaneously claiming that "hey, we're shooting sportsmen!". Anytime I hear a pol discussing skeet shooting I clutch my guns and flip them my middle finger.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Well that is what we sent the GOP to the hill for, NO COMPROMISE.

I think that we should send good ole Dick Cheney to Camp David for a skeet shooting session.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (257_X_50, 907brass, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, AKislander, 10 invisible), 1,454 guests, and 790 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,073
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.