-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had to work 8-5. Worked til 10 last night, 45 minute drive home, finally in bed at 1 o'clock. Got up at six to go back in. Had a busy day at work and my butt was draggin when I got home so I took a nice nap after supper. Woke up at 9:30, caught the news and got on the web.
I need to get back in the shop really bad.

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

slept in with my better half
we sat in bed & listened to the kids talk downstairs (hysterical),
hunted from 11ish-4ish (cold, noisy woods, couple doe out of range)
came home to a very nice flounder dinner,
played Wii star wars with my 4 year old,
went over addition problems with the 6y/o,
one load of laundry,
cleaned the Hawkin,
piled up some kindling for the chiminea,
shared a glass of wine and sun chips with wife on couch and
watched "the boy in the striped pajamas"...
checked in on 24hcf, Drudge, and another site a time or 5.

Overall pretty nice day!

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Sold a pistol Saturday!

After going to the range and seeing all the empty cases .. and exorbitant prices on the few guns left...
The wife said " maybe we should sell my Sig Mosquito, we never shoot it"

My son said a co worker of his was looking for one. And could only find it in PINK!

So we worked out deal and she came over, I checked her out ( not as much as I would have like to .. my wife was there )
She left cash with gun in hand.

Chores around the house.. then took home bake pizzas to the In laws and helped them.
Played a card game with them until 9 ish ( in their 80 degree home..whew )
Home for more chores and bed.
Busy all day and almost nothing accomplished!

Sucks gettin old in Winter.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I took my 15 yr old daughter deer hunting. And guess what? Not one person got killed. Must have really well behaved rifles!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Sitting at gate C12 at Reno Airport trying to get home to HSV for the second time. On Friday AA cancelled my outbound flight. Had to stay 2 days extra at the Eldorado on AAs dime. But hopefully will make it into Dallas and then home by day's end.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Today I have work, yesterday I was stuck at home because I am waiting on a check so I can buy my clutch kit for the POS car.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pulled the dead battery out of the truck, finally. The screw in the hold down block was corroded in and the head corroded so you couldn't get a socket to hold. Gave up Friday when it was 3. Upper 20's today, had to force the Dremel down deep in what space there was and cut the head off. And weld a nut back on for a head since Ford in their infinite wisdom used a 1/4 NF screw with an undersize head. Not betting I could find a replacement in this little town. Felt like crap so that's it.

And my luck with things mechanical continues, the solar powered auto-darkening welding helmet lost its charge and wouldn't darken. Pretty much used to it, but does it ever feel good when something goes smoothly. laugh

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We've had a nice warm spell this weekend so I cleared out some new feed lanes this afternoon after the cows were fed. 20-30F and the old tractor starts right up, no block heater or anything, shot of ether. Cummins engine.

[Linked Image]

Pot licker.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by SamOlson; 01/27/13.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I took my grandson out quail hunting. He got his first game bird today, a big cock valley quail. He cleaned it, and I fried it up to split with him.

[Linked Image]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Now that is cool, great pic.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Moved 150 give or take cedar tree logs we cut last year and stacked off ground more compact for future fence posts.

Pulled out all shrubs to have Moms house releveled.

Cleaned some of the deer rifles as season is almost over.

Wondered in amazement that last year I hunted ducks almost every other weekend. And this year have not been out at all except teal season twice and never fired a round.

Got a short nap in.

Went to town to do an electrical inspection and help the line crew reconnect the power to that loop.

Had one EMS call and one fire washdown call.

Decided not to cut up 2 does from last weekend, wait till Monday.

Got to see a bit of wild west alaska to reconfirm its another ignorant scripted BS show.

Still needed to reseed some oats to get rid of seeds and clean out the explorer, but that didn't make it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
I wish I could have done ANY of the things you all did...I went to my dads funeral yesterday. He finally lost his long 10 year battle with Alzheimers (SP) at the age of 72!

Didn't mean to be a buzzkill, but that's what I did!

Elk Country

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Walked couple miles in the TN hills looking for deer/turkey sign. Seen this while hiking...

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Very sorry to hear about your dad EC. Our hearts go our to your and yours....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by elkcountry
I wish I could have done ANY of the things you all did...I went to my dads funeral yesterday. He finally lost his long 10 year battle with Alzheimers (SP) at the age of 72!

Didn't mean to be a buzzkill, but that's what I did!

Elk Country

Damn Elk Country, here's to your dad, sorry to hear it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you'se a good dad Mac

made the wife breakfast, took her to work, stopped by my work and did some office stuff, hung a flat screen on the wall for one of our tenants, went groc shopping, came home fed these baby birds we call kids, did some laundry, went back to my work closed it up for the evening as the clerical chic went home sick, picked my wife up from work, and now home packing for her and I tomorrow, yelled at kids for being lazy azz bums and lit a fire under them for chores etc., consoled the wife "hey they're not bad kids, but even good kids gotta hear it when they need it"

getting ready to fix this crew some dinner and just stopped for a sec to wonder what alla you jabronis did for the day!

now I know, so hi ho, hi ho, it's back to work I go

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I took my grandson out quail hunting. He got his first game bird today, a big cock valley quail. He cleaned it, and I fried it up to split with him.

[Linked Image]

somebody(s) had a great day!

I'm with Sammo, classic pic, thank you for sharing that

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yep we all had a good day compared to elkhunter

feel for you pard, laid my dad to rest early November.

all you guys that have dads and grandads left, the other stuff will wait, time won't

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ran a lathe all weekend. I'm buried. Trying to get through the PVC parts orders so I can get back to cutting metal.... awfully tired of the smell of cut PVC.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 160user, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,860
Posts18,517,817
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.