Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
BuzzH Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Are back.

New bill introduced today that will increase both R and NR fees...

HB260

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2013/Introduced/HB0260.pdf

GB1

805 Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
That's not as bad as previous bills.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I guess they are telling everyone they are going to get [bleep] they just have not decided how bad yet.

Dink

B
BuzzH Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I dont have a problem with the Resident fee increase...I just think asking the NR to keep giving more and more and paying for the lions share of every budget crisis is wrong.

WE have got to come up with some non-traditional funding...period.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I really don't have a problem with their fees. I just applied for my non-resident general season elk tag. If I draw I will be hunting in an area where I have seen several 300 plus bulls, if I remember correctly the cost was $588. In Oregon I will pay $640 for a spike hunt. I spent more on fuel last year than on tags. I wish they were all cheaper, but that's my passion. I don't gamble or golf or have a boat, nor do I go to football, baseball games. I just hunt!

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Elkmen
I really don't have a problem with their fees. I just applied for my non-resident general season elk tag. If I draw I will be hunting in an area where I have seen several 300 plus bulls, if I remember correctly the cost was $588. In Oregon I will pay $640 for a spike hunt. I spent more on fuel last year than on tags. I wish they were all cheaper, but that's my passion. I don't gamble or golf or have a boat, nor do I go to football, baseball games. I just hunt!

Excellent way to look at it. I'll be back to Wyo this yr.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BuzzH
I dont have a problem with the Resident fee increase...I just think asking the NR to keep giving more and more and paying for the lions share of every budget crisis is wrong.

I agree! There are many other avenues they could adopt. As in AZ if you want an application book it is $5 IIRC or you can download online for free and print yourself. They also sell advertisement space in their app books. I have heard WY is doing away with the application books unless you request one. No more piles of them in every hardware store at least.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76

I agree! There are many other avenues they could adopt. As in AZ if you want an application book it is $5 IIRC or you can download online for free and print yourself. They also sell advertisement space in their app books. I have heard WY is doing away with the application books unless you request one. No more piles of them in every hardware store at least.

never seen a WY book but will comment on this going by Montana's books.....while a money saving step if they are printed on newsprint like most of Montana's books your prolly not looking at huge savings....while i cant do bigger books like say Montana's Deer, Elk & Pronghorn book i have outsourced similar for customers.....they actually arent that expensive.....not that its a bad money saving step, i dont have a problem with the idea its just not that big of one if the books being printed are similar to Montana's.....provided they arent getting raped by the printing company ofcourse....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
B
BuzzH Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
rattler, in the past there were a bunch of seperate application/booklets printed in WY.

There was the Resident and Non-Resident application booklet. Then if you drew a tag, there were regulations for each species, for all the tags you drew, all in a seperate envelope. So, say I drew a buck antelope and 2 doe/fawn tags...all came in their own envelope, all with the same set of regs. Same for elk and deer.

On top of that, there was also a seperate smaller map for each species (deer, elk, antelope).

Myself and a few others pushed them to at least put all your antelope tags in ONE envelope with ONE set of regs...deer, elk, the same.

Now its pretty much all on-line and thats a good savings.

But, we're still going to have to come up with some non-traditional long-term funding. Its just not even being talked about right now.

The only thing being considered is license fee increases...and thats sad.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
gotcha, for residents atleast(no clue what they do for nonresidents) they just mail you the tags, no books....Montana prolly has a dozen different books for various species/groups but your expected to grab the books, they arent sent with the tags.....but its all also available online and we do 99% of our stuff online and rarely grab a book anymore.....

sounds like the way Wyoming does it is definitely more of a cost than Montana beyond just the printing of the books....

Last edited by rattler; 01/29/13.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

B
BuzzH Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
...the way Wyoming USED to do it, they're back on track now and saving quite a chunk of money.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
missed the "used to".....skimming while doing other things....damn work getting in the way laugh

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Are these proposed changes for 2014 or are these prices for 2013? Thanks

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They could save on maps if the hunt areas used the same numbers. Even if they had to combine areas for "management" of different species in the regs. The seem to have the same boundaries but I won't swear to it. I have noticed the combined some antelope areas this year.

Buzz is correct they way overkill the printing/postage issue. If you want an application booklet you just call and htey mail it. They should at least charge for the cost of the booklet and postage.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LeftHunter
Are these proposed changes for 2014 or are these prices for 2013? Thanks

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wyoming Game and Fish Expenditure Allocations by Program, Summary Costs
2005 - $42,228,830
2006 - $44,992,554
2007 - $47,465,655
2008 - $52,894,125
2009 - $59,789,087
2010 - $68,305,129

This sort of explains the need for more revenues. Seems like some belt tightening might be in order up there, but who am I too judge. I don't think this is a sustainable growth curve but if it is, sure folks will line up to pay say $1200 for a buck antelope I am sure.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
When does this get voted on?

Tater
B
BuzzH Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Theres 2 active bills that largely accomplish the same thing. Neither has been heard in committee yet.

I'll let you know when they are.

You can track the committee schedule here:

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2013/Calendar/CalendarMenu/CommitteeMenu.aspx

Its committee 6...resources, wildlife, travel, recreation committee.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Looks like tag for deer jumped considerably elk tag is more than Colorado

Tater
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eh76

I'm really suprised they don't sell ad space in their books. I guess I never looked closely. Most of the ones I get now have at least a full page back cover ad plus various pages thru the book, even in states with no application book but rather just a book for over the counter season dates and bag limits.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

469 members (16gage, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 52 invisible), 2,719 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,550
Posts18,510,298
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.