Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
slg888 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I bathed him twice, still ranks! Someone said tomato juice? Think that'll work?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are we to assume that this is the cause or an effect of your other thread regarding the house?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
http://dogs.about.com/od/caringfordogsandpuppies/ht/deskunking.htm

hilites from the link

You may have heard of skunk odor remedies like tomato juice or vinegar, but they really just cover up the odor. Products like Nature's Miracle Skunk Odor Remover have been known to work, but may be hard to find in a pinch. You can remove the odor from your dog using household items. It's all thanks to chemist Paul Krebaum, who developed the recipe in 1993. Skunk spray is very oily and contains sulfur (hence the stench). This recipe causes a chemical reaction that breaks up the oils and neutralizes the odor.

4.In the plastic container, combine 1 quart hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda and 1 to 2 teaspoons of liquid soap. Add lukewarm water if needed (for larger dogs). Mix ingredients well. The solution will fizz, as a chemical reaction is occurring. Use immediately - do not store.
5.Do not soak your dog with water prior to bathing. Promptly begin cleansing the affected areas thoroughly, massaging the solution deep into your dog's coat. You may wish to use a sponge or washcloth. Avoid getting the solution in the eyes, ears or mouth.
6.Allow the solution to remain on your dog for at least five minutes (longer if strong odor persists).
7.Rinse your dog well with lukewarm water. Repeat steps 3-5 as necessary until odor is gone.
8.Dry your dog well and give her a treat!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
My half-wolf, half-samoyed was a regular skunk killer.

Bathe him in tomato juice.

S
slg888 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RWE
Are we to assume that this is the cause or an effect of your other thread regarding the house?
Im hoping. Family came home today due to the bad odor on clothing. I threw away my jacket, ect. House stinks-dog stinks worse.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
grin When I read the title my first thought was, "How did a skunk get into his laboratory in the first place?"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76

hilites from the link

4.In the plastic container, combine 1 quart hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda and 1 to 2 teaspoons of liquid soap. Add lukewarm water if needed (for larger dogs). Mix ingredients well. The solution will fizz, as a chemical reaction is occurring. Use immediately - do not store.
5.Do not soak your dog with water prior to bathing. Promptly begin cleansing the affected areas thoroughly, massaging the solution deep into your dog's coat. You may wish to use a sponge or washcloth. Avoid getting the solution in the eyes, ears or mouth.
6.Allow the solution to remain on your dog for at least five minutes (longer if strong odor persists).
7.Rinse your dog well with lukewarm water. Repeat steps 3-5 as necessary until odor is gone.

this works FAR better than tomato juice.....actually flat out destroys the oils as well as lifting them off the hair that cause the smell far better than the vast majority of things....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
convince ol bouser to stop killin skunks

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Use the Nature's Miracle Skunk Odor Remover,but before you do go to Walmart or Kmart and buy about 6 bottlles of unscented femine douche and then use them to rinse the Nature's Miracle off.

I found this to be the best method of removing skunk odor. Neve had much luck with tomatoe juice except to end up with a red dog.

It makes life easier if you send wife or girlfriend to store to buy the douche.Especially at the check out line.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
stand in the long check out line with an arm full of femine douche and yell:
"Hurry UP! This is an EMERGENCY!"

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by rattler

hilites from the link

this works FAR better than tomato juice.....actually flat out destroys the oils as well as lifting them off the hair that cause the smell far better than the vast majority of things....

This works the best - it chemically breaks down the odor causing chemicals. Have used it many times...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
stand in the long check out line with an arm full of femine douche and yell:
"Hurry UP! This is an EMERGENCY!"
laugh

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

hilites from the link

You may have heard of skunk odor remedies like tomato juice or vinegar, but they really just cover up the odor. Products like Nature's Miracle Skunk Odor Remover have been known to work, but may be hard to find in a pinch. You can remove the odor from your dog using household items. It's all thanks to chemist Paul Krebaum, who developed the recipe in 1993. Skunk spray is very oily and contains sulfur (hence the stench). This recipe causes a chemical reaction that breaks up the oils and neutralizes the odor.

Add Massingale Douche to the above recipe and you have a winner!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep that is what my friend says who raises border collies...she says if it gets the stink out of what it is intended for ...it will work on the dog laugh

thanks for the reminder

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Have a cat spray him, you will not notice the skunk spray after that.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
just another one of them things

my lab is an outside dog which is where mutts and cats belong

so she can smell like skunk if she wants, dogs like stink anyway. They roll in cow [bleep], rotten fish, lick their ass, enjoy each others farts. So [bleep] em.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord

so she can smell like skunk if she wants, dogs like stink anyway. They roll in cow [bleep], rotten fish, lick their ass, enjoy each others farts. So [bleep] em.

PRICK

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

thats it .....................................
im giving a certain persons gun stock that i have been refinishing
to a 105-107 poundish rhodesianridgeback/american staffordshire terrier mix named cookie to chew the [bleep] up in about 5 minutes or less

got a couple of good metal things in the white that are gonna make good tomatoe plant stakes this april too.................................

next time you come over
cookie will mysteriously get loose somehow and then you will wish he wasnt outside at all.......................................

laugh laugh laugh

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Pit Bar-B-Q....

SEMPER FI.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Boococky

PRICK
should have known jimbos animal shelter trainee would chime in.

"If you have to ask you can't afford it" ETN10
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (16penny, 16gage, 160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,835 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,622
Posts18,492,791
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.