Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
What is considered a standard, or average tresspass fee for antelope hunting in Wyoming? A friend and I would like to go on an antelope hunt this fall, a first for both of us. We were thinking about waiting to see where the leftover tags are anjd try to find land to hunt on. I would like to take a trip out in the summer to scout the area and learn the lay of the land. I realize that the animal patterns won't be the same, but I wouldn't be going out blind in the fall. Thanks

GB1

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Probably the best thing to do would be contact the game and fish..the easiest lic. to get are up around the northeast corner..due to the fact it is mostly private..the game and fish has a center set up to provide hunter contacts..I have only seen it and never visited it..it might get you started..other wise the chamber of commerce in the area you plan to hunt might help..I really doubt you need to make a trip to scout the area..antelope are wonderful game animals, but not that difficult to locate..The guides in Wy. have gobbled up much of the best private land, so that is also a problem

Molon Labe
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Wy fish and gamer publishes a book that outlines the zones and how much of each one is private and public. Of the out of state places I've hunted, the folks in WY are about as nice as I've found. Give 'em a call.

Aim for the exit hole.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I suggest doing some research and hunt the available public land and walkin areas. Dont feed the trespass fee monster...

I've purchased my second buck tags in Wyoming the last 4 years and have taken good bucks with every tag.

It isnt that tough if you can read a map.

All these bucks were from different units on additional buck tags, purchased OTC.

2010:

[Linked Image]

2011:

[Linked Image]

2012:

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
It appears that you have if figured out there BuzzH. Those are some nice goats that you've taken. I like your approach, but it's maybe a bit more of a challenge to get it done coming all the way from Mississippi.

I drew my first antelope tag in Wyoming this past year and had a blast hunting them. I fully intend to go back this coming fall for more fun hunting, and they are mighty fine eating as well. Maybe I'll get a good game plan put together before the time to head out rolls around.

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I dont think it would be...I researched all those units with a delorme map while watching TV.

The only difference for a guy from Mississippi VS what I did is the drive time to the hunting unit.

I'd never set foot in, or hunted, any of those units...but killed antelope in all of them within 8 hours of being there.

It isnt that tough.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
i paid 500.00 each (me and son) in 2011 to hunt wyoming.

private land, plenty of lopes.

once i spoke with the rancher, son and i put in for draw. we each got a buck and 2 doe.

D
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks for the replies!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
i'll pm you my phone number , i have been going since 97 hunted many of the units i'll share a bit of info

i dont need a ultra mag, i know how to shoot my 30-06

having that obama sticker on your car might as well say " Yes i'm stupid "

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BuzzH, nice speed goats. 2012 in particular is an awesome one!

Eric

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Pretty sure 2010 is the biggest goat.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Buzzh nice goats

Shot this old beat up buck on a trespass hunt for $150 S of Gillette and allowed 4 does for no additional fees

plus unlimited praire dog shooting

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Great bucks Buzz and I would echo your thoughts.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by BuzzH
I dont think it would be...I researched all those units with a delorme map while watching TV.

The only difference for a guy from Mississippi VS what I did is the drive time to the hunting unit.

I'd never set foot in, or hunted, any of those units...but killed antelope in all of them within 8 hours of being there.

It isnt that tough.
I'm hoping to have a OTC tag hunt this year coming from Ky. I've spoke with some family friends out there, but they haven't been much help in suggesting areas to try that usually have OTC tags left.

NRA Benefactor Member
A
a12 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by Jeffpg
It appears that you have if figured out there BuzzH. Those are some nice goats that you've taken. I like your approach, but it's maybe a bit more of a challenge to get it done coming all the way from Mississippi.

I drew my first antelope tag in Wyoming this past year and had a blast hunting them. I fully intend to go back this coming fall for more fun hunting, and they are mighty fine eating as well. Maybe I'll get a good game plan put together before the time to head out rolls around.

We are from Mississippi, also. We paid $1,500 per to hunt a ranch in New Mexico. Made the drive in one day. A lot shorter drive than Wyoming.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
We paid $275 for a trespass to a rancher N of Kaycee. Told us on the phone he had 50,000 acres. After we paid, he pointed out maybe 2 sections we could hunt. BS.

Don't get suckered or have balls.

Last edited by Jesse Jaymes; 02/03/13.

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Check the hunter assistant list most are free to hunt or the Landowner list for places to hunt in your hunt area some can be hunted for a small fee. Also check for Walkin areas to hunt in your area

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

206 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 17Fan, 29 invisible), 2,291 guests, and 1,109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,079
Posts18,501,593
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.