Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Supposed to be released tomorrow. I'm ready to take a look at it. Only time will tell.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Me! I've been waiting Joel. Hopefully these will allow me to use my Cabelas points.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

"Leica's true Game Changing Product � the Geovid HD-B w/User Ballistic Interface"

Here it is:

#40047 8x42 Geovid HD-B w/User Ballistic Interface - $2945.00

&

#40049 10x42 Geovid HD-B w/User Ballistic Interface - $2995.00

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This new Geovid HD-B model features class-leading ranging capabilities and field of view, fully functioning ballistics capabilities utilizing the patented Advanced Ballistic Compansation (ABC) technologies featured in the popular CRF 1600-B, and the unique ability to program customized bullet & caliber ballistic data for the most precise holdover readings possible.

The Geovid HD-B also features vastly improved optical performance utilizing our exciting new Perger Porro prism system. The new Geovid HD-B transmits more light and offers an amazingly, wide field of view (10x = 374� @ 1,000 yards). This means these are more effective than ever for scanning the horizon for hidden game. The rangefinding abilities are improved as well, and the new Geovid HD-B can effectively range out to 2,000 yards - the longest ranging capabilities in class.

You'll also find great comfort in the clever, curved, ergonomic chassis that rests perfectly in the palms of the hands for superior grip, comfort, & stability.

The Geovid HD-B offers the Widest field of view of any rangefinding binocular, Ranges further than other rangefinding binoculars, and is the only model to offer full ballistics holdover calculations AND angular ballistic computations.

As with past popular Geovid models the new HD-B of course delivers lightning fast line of sight distance readings using the most sophisticated micro-processing available. However, by adding Leica�s patented ABC system you now have an amazingly, versatile tool that allows you to choose between three different point-of-impact corrections. For shooters utilizing standard plex or similar reticles the ABC system can offer line of sight distance with holdover corrections in inches or centimeters. Shooters with standard turret adjustments can get additional point of impact corrections in �clicks� in either � M.O.A. or mil radian. And finally shooters may choose to receive a calculated Equivalent Horizontal Range (EHR) for those utilizing custom turrets manufactured specifically for their rifle & cartridge combination.

In all cases the ABC system accounts for air temperature, absolute air pressure, and angle of incline when making the calculations. Where holdover is being provided the sophisticated processing system also considers the specific ballistic characteristics of your cartridge & rifle combination.

The Leica Geovid HD-B and the ABC system provide one of the most comprehensive selections of pre-programmed ballistic curves in the industry. With12 available options to choose from, every shooter is bound to find a curve that closely matches the ballistic performance of their cartridge.

Additionally, the Geovid HD-B features another amazing and wholly revolutionary function that allows shooters to take this even a step further. Using the Leica online ballistic calculator and use of a micro-SD card slot conveniently located in the waterproof battery compartment, each user can upload their exact ballistics information into the Geovid HD-B. After entering their ballistic data onto the card, all one has to do is simply insert the loaded micro-SD card (included with each Geovid HD-B) into the card slot and the Geovid does the rest. With the micro-SD card inserted the Geovid HD-B�s intelligent features automatically use the ballistic information on the card by default, with no additional programming or feature selections necessary. For shooters with multiple weapons you can carry different cards for each weapon being used and simply insert the card that matches the specific hunter�s rifle & cartridge combination. This customized approach allows for greater accuracy to further distances, due to the precise nature of the ballistics data.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The MicroSD card slot is an interesting development. I wonder if that will allow for software/firmware upgrades in the future?

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Looks like we finally have a winner.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
They would be nice .....

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Wish Leica or Swarovski would make this style in a 15x bino

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by JasonF
The MicroSD card slot is an interesting development. I wonder if that will allow for software/firmware upgrades in the future?

Only issue I have with that is what happens when SD and micro SD cards are obsolete in a couple years? Combining something as long lasting as great optics and as fickle and short lived as electronics updates is an issue IMHO.

Is the price above correct? Only $50 difference between 8x and 10x?

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Regardless of the memory card type, the lifespan of the optics will dramatically outstrip the life of the electronics. Electronic stuff just fails over time - probably well before sd cards become so passe that you can't find or use them for a software update. Does the rangefinder portion come with a lifetime warranty? Hope so for over 3k.

Best,
C.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I bet NY will ban them. You don't need this much glass to kill a deer!!

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by CharlieKilo98
Regardless of the memory card type, the lifespan of the optics will dramatically outstrip the life of the electronics. Electronic stuff just fails over time - probably well before sd cards become so passe that you can't find or use them for a software update.

I agree. Ideally the whole electronics system in these units would be upgradable, but an upgrade of firmware is a start in a good direction. Given the number of cameras which depend on SD cards, that technology isn't going anywhere in a hurry.

S
S
He Speedgoat, We do offer the original Geovid in a 15, and if history is any indicator....
CharlieKilo98, the warranty is still 5 years on the whole unit, just like on the original Geovids. They are very reliable and durable by the way. I could quote a certain line from the movie Tommy Boy here, but I won't. ; )

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

679 members (160user, 204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,293 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,842
Posts18,496,856
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.