Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
pa_gus Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
If the NRA is crazy, what is your suggestion?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I guess we can hide out head in the sand and assume that gun free zones work. :roll:

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How 'bout theaters, colleges, and sports stadiums?

Gotta leave our boys SOME easy targets, I guess, to keep the media supplied with the kind of "events" that make 'em drool.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

pa_gus Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I guess I should have known nobody would read the article:

The Newtown Board of Education wants more armed police officers in the towns four elementary schools after the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary last month.

Last night, they decided to ask the town to approve the request to include one additional full-time Newtown police at each of the elementary schools in next year's budget.

Today, members of the board will be meeting with state and federal officials about obtaining additional funding for security.

�Our parents are demanding of us that things are made safe and secure and certain measures are put in place,� Chairwoman Debbie Leidlein said. �So we�re being very thoughtful.�

Several police officers have been stationed at all Newtown schools since the Dec. 14 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, where 20 children and six staff members were killed.

Those officers will remain at the school through the remainder of the school year, but the budget for the next fiscal year funds only resource officers at the middle and high schools.

Parents said security means more than a police presence.

�My main concern is with accessibility to these school, said Neil Johnson, a parent of two Newtown students. �On December 14th, that was the main bare-boned reason that occurred.�

�After what happened in our community, I just think we should go over and above and provide a shining example for the rest of the world and protect our kids,� said resident Donna Lorenz.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I read it completely,.....

and Got the drift of your well crafted OP title.

Thank you.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I read it.

Every word.

And understood 'em.

So?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Or as they say.."never bring a knife to a gun fight"...

Can you f'ing believe that napolitano said to teachers to attack the mass murderer with a pair of scissors....WTF is she smoking.....

Tony

pa_gus Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
My vitriol remarks were not meant for you Mr. Howell smile.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Dennis_Mickey
If the NRA is crazy, what is your suggestion?
Me thinks his subject was tongue in cheek.

From the article...

"The Newtown Board of Education wants more armed police officers in the town's four elementary schools after the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary..."

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I read the article before I got out of bed this morning as well as the article about the armed security officer in Atlanta. I love my smart phone. grin

But few in this country will read then and the liberals will just ignore them.

And yes, I got the tongue in cheek title and it put a smile on my old face.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Today's paper says the police budget will be enough to cover "resource officers" in all of our schools. I think it's going to happen.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
It's a start, but if only 10% of teachers and administrators would get CCW's it would be much more effective.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hicountry
Or as they say.."never bring a knife to a gun fight"...

Can you f'ing believe that napolitano said to teachers to attack the mass murderer with a pair of scissors....WTF is she smoking.....

Tony
She and others are well paid to act like idiots. Cough~Soros

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rob p
Today's paper says the police budget will be enough to cover "resource officers" in all of our schools. I think it's going to happen.
The last I knew, Kansas was like seventh in overall achievement test scores. Kansas teachers are poorly paid. The Republicans have been ordered by the courts to raise educational funding and their response is to put a question on the 2014 ballot to allow the Legislature sole control over school funding via changing the STATE CONSTITUTION. They may be able to fast track it though so they can have a special vote so they can run the schools even farther into the ground.

IOW, does this sound like we can afford more personnel when the existent ones are already underpaid? The easy answer is as others have said, allow CCW.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wonder if anyone will apologize to Lapierre?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
The high school and college that my daughters attend both have police substations on campus. Regular patrols and sufficient personal instantly available to handle any situation. I realize there can't be police substations everywhere, but not sure I'm comfortable with "armed guards". One or two would be easily neutralized by a determined attacker.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Exactly. Armed citizens are almost always more effective than police (sorry y'all) and are ALWAYS cheaper. Having armed guards smacks of reeducation camps in the old USSR and maybe the Hitler Youth. Next thing will be a suggestion all the kids wear uniforms...oops, guess that's already been floated. But hey, then it would be easier to identify who is supposed to be there and who isn't. Let's electrify the fences too. They're already forcing the kids in some schools in Texas, to wear bar codes.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by rob p
The last I knew, Kansas was like seventh in overall achievement test scores. Kansas teachers are poorly paid. The Republicans have been ordered by the courts to raise educational funding and their response is to put a question on the 2014 ballot to allow the Legislature sole control over school funding via changing the STATE CONSTITUTION. They may be able to fast track it though so they can have a special vote so they can run the schools even farther into the ground.

IOW, does this sound like we can afford more personnel when the existent ones are already underpaid? The easy answer is as others have said, allow CCW.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (25aught6, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 222ND, 163bc, 62 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,489
Posts18,529,792
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.