Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I think the founding fathers absolutely knew that technology in firearms would advance

Of course they did. I'm sure they understood the progression from wheel lock to flint lock.

as I am sure they were witness to many other technological evolutions in their days.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The obvious original intent of the Second Amendment was for the citizens to have the same arms available as the military, in order to avert potential tyranny. We have had these rights dwindle away until only the basic minimum is left. Now they want that too.

Those who believe there is safety in numbers never heard of Auschwitz- Me

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I think everyone on this forum is well aware of what the second truly is in place for. However I think wr need to.be able to articulate our argument from many angles and not just screaming the same one over and over. Brow beating hasn't gotten us anywhere.

I chose to let him try and brow beat me and gave him the opportunity to voice his stance, then realizing this guy had never had a gun or problably had never shot a gun I chose to put rights that he may fiercely value and put the 2A debate on that spin. He was able to understand it and it hit him more because he isn't a gun owner.

I think this same type of tactic should be used with the ar15 debate. We all hear "noone hunts with an ar15", well I think its damb time the NRA and every other talking head that defends the 2A start focusing on the point that thousands of people hunt with them instead Od the same tired argument that its my right.

I completely agree that the 2a isn't about hunting. But we need to fight this battle from all sides. Wr need to get the big name tv hunters who hunt with ars to start being vocal. Wr need local guys to talk to local politicians and send them pictures of us with our kids hunting with ars.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

271 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 30 invisible), 1,945 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,539
Posts18,531,120
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.