Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
I think the clerk deserves a medal. If the parents had been more concerned with what their child was doing, this wouldn't have been an issue. If you watch the video you can see what looks like a bunch of beer cans and bottles sitting around in the kitchen.

News Article

Video

NRA Benefactor Member
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good. You don't touch other peoples kids withour consent.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Good. You don't touch other peoples kids withour consent.

Agree. The parents might be miserably failing at their job, but a stranger can't just grab a kid and start spanking him.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
no body but me is going to whup my kid.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
no body but me is going to whup my kid.

Yep. I don't even like it when my MIL corrects my children.

That clerk is lucky it wasn't my child and my wife witnessed it. Mrs. bruin would have fed that belt to her.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
There was a time when parents would have both thanked and apologized to a clerk who did that to a badly misbehaving boy, and we were a much better society for it. Had the parents been doing that like they should, he wouldn't have dared misbehave like that to start with. He got what he deserved, and that clerk should be held up as an example instead of persecuted.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
There was a time when parents would have both thanked and apologized to a clerk who did that to a badly misbehaving boy, and we were a much better society for it. Had the parents been doing that like they should, he wouldn't have dared misbehave like that to start with. He got what he deserved, and that clerk should be held up as an example instead of persecuted.

Why am I not surprised by your response..............

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree with Hawkeye - justice should be swift - what would you do involve the justice system to teach the kids that there are no repurcussions except meeting a bunch of kids who will show you worse things you can do andnot be punished for?

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He should have beat the parents instead.

It's not the little schitt's fault he's such a brat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sorry Hawk, in the era you're speaking of, a shop worker or owner wouldn't have dreamed of putting their hands on someone else's child. The most likely scenario would have been that the shop worker would have approached the parents and asked them to address the situation.

It's only been in recent years that people have reached a level of arrogance to lay a hand on another person's child.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rrroae
He should have beat the parents instead.

It's not the little schitt's fault he's such a brat.

That I agree with. My kids wwouldn't act like that but if I caught you beating my kid..you wouldn't escape.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
boo freakin hoo

neighbor's used to whip my ass, shop teachers, bus drivers, phuggin baby sitter's boyfriend, lol

....then, get that ass tore up again for being so bad other members of society had to intervene.

rather the neighbor whip me than momma, she would beat me with a piece of Hot Wheels race car track

hell, I turned out ok

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Sorry Hawk, in the era you're speaking of, a shop worker or owner wouldn't have dreamed of putting their hands on someone else's child. The most likely scenario would have been that the shop worker would have approached the parents and asked them to address the situation.

It's only been in recent years that people have reached a level of arrogance to lay a hand on another person's child.
Speak about it with folks who were kids before WWII. See if they agree with you.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I believe in spanking, but not from other folks unless permsiion is given.Heck,you ain't even allowed to hug kids now days.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I believe in spanking, but not from other folks unless permsiion is given.Heck,you ain't even allowed to hug kids now days.
The other side of the same coin. Neither are good developments for our society.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I don't believe it's arrogance, but desperation.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I agree with Hawk. One time at our church we had a guest speaker. After the service he and I were having a conversation. One of the little kids started running around the church making a nuisance of himself. He came by us a couple times. Finally I grabbed the little brat and told him if he didn't calm down I was going to spank him. He immediately cooperated. The guest speaker didn't react at all. Later I discovered he was the guest speaker's kid. What a jerk!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't want others to spank your kids? Don't want to do it yourself? Hey, no worries! Eventually The System will put your kid in "time out" at the county facility! Or your kid will be given a 5-fingered timeout right in the nose by someone with less patience.

This permissiveness is a huge problem. In the end, if you don't discipline your kid, someone else will.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was sorely tempted one day in a local McDonalds. The classic family (mom, dad, and 2.2 kids) was ahead of me in line when about a 5 year old daughter slam dunked her happy meal on the floor, kicked it across to a window, and started about a 4-minute long screaming, kicking, punching fit because the Happy Meal toy was blue instead of the pictured pink. Both parents simply stood around with neither exhibiting any signs of coming forth to address the issue.

I dearly wanted to pick that child up, bring her up level with a 6'4" bearded face, and say "we don't do that sh-t here." I really think it would have straightened her right out. I'd probably still be in jail though.

Some out of control kids nowdays continue with their poor behavior because they KNOW no one can discipline them. Even parents can end up in jail for swatting their own kid. From personal experiences, I know I'd not last one day in our local high school. To date, I've not gone off, but it's hard to simply stand there when some defiant 10 year old is willing to go chest to chest and refuses to straighten out.

Had someone ever approached me over a factual issue involving my son, I would have probably given them permission to have at him. Similarly, we live in a small town, and early on I let the local sheriff know that a "scared straight" approach would be fine if my kid came to hand. Bet that brat never mouths off to store clerks again. While the clerk did cross a line, I see no real reason to make a federal case out of it. Sit both the clerk and kid down in the same room and give them both a good talking to.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/04/13.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
momma, she would beat me with a piece of Hot Wheels race car track

Lololol!!!!

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

436 members (10ring1, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 10gaugeman, 160user, 49 invisible), 3,449 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,638
Posts18,533,552
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.