Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I'm sitting here typing this message, and my gun cabinet is to my right, close enough to touch. Inside that gun cabinet is the finest rifle I am ever likely to own. It came to me courtesy of you generous folks right here. The project was spear - headed by Seafire, and the build was done by Matt Yore of Sawtooth Rifles.

I wanted to say thank you again to those who contributed to the build, and to those who also gave my son a Sig Sauer 522, and accessories.

I am a soldier, and it was with great pride that I served this country. Some of you decided that was reason enough to build a rifle for me. And then you kept giving, and giving and giving!For that - I thank you. From the bottom of my heart!

I am no longer in the Army. I am on "terminal leave" until March 24th. (vacation) I am proud to have served our Country, and I look forward to life in Alaska with my family.

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
GB1

T
tjk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It's our privilge to Thank You for your service to our country, which really means your service to us. Enjoy your new way of life; enjoy time with your family. Thank you.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Thank you for your service, thank you for thanking us.
Use the rifle, kill stuff and post pictures

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Matt,

Glad it gave you the appreciation that all of us who were involved wanted you to feel...

may it gives you many many years of good service and hunting enjoyment...

and thanks again to Matt Yore for all of his hard work and dedication to making this all come together at Sawtooth Rifles..

best regards
john chr.
seafire

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Congrats Matt! Thank you for what you have done!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thank you, sir, for your AND your family's gift of service to us!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Matt this is a small token of appreciation by many fine gents residing here.Thank you for your service.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Welcome home, Matt!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by tjk
It's our privilge to Thank You for your service to our country, which really means your service to us. Enjoy your new way of life; enjoy time with your family. Thank you.

You're more than welcome, and it has been an Honor for me! I will enjoy this new - found time with my family, and for what it's worth - any forum member who wants to hunt in AK - contact me first. I plan to buy a plane in the next couple of years, and I will not charge forum members for flight time - just help pay for gas and I'll fly you wherever you want to go!

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Thank you for your service, thank you for thanking us.
Use the rifle, kill stuff and post pictures

LOL, it will be a while until I can post pics of game. I'll be working full - time and going to school full - time for at least two years.

I'm not impatient though. My time will come. cool

IC B3

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Seafire
Matt,

Glad it gave you the appreciation that all of us who were involved wanted you to feel...

and thanks again to Matt Yore for all of his hard work and dedication to making this all come together at Sawtooth Rifles..

best regards
john chr.
seafire

John -

thank you. I typed a long post, but somehow it didn't seem to fit what you've done for me. So... all I can say is "Thank you". With all my heart - thank you.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by ironbender
Welcome home, Matt!

Thanks!

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by eh76

Thank you Sir! You and I both know you did far more than I. Thank YOU for what you did. I wouldn't have had the chance to do what I did if you hadn't served.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Thank you, sir, for your AND your family's gift of service to us!

Ed

It has been my honor to serve, and my family will always be proud as well. We are grateful for your support!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congrats and thank you for your service smile

Best Wishes on the new aviation career, too smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Matt this is a small token of appreciation by many fine gents residing here.Thank you for your service.

Sir, I don't feel worthy of your accolades. You served in a conflict FAR more difficult than Iraq or Afghanistan. You were forced to endure a war that would turn the stomachs of most of today's soldiers. And when you and your brothers came home, you were greeted with Hippie demonstrations calling you "baby killers".

I THANK YOU for your service. And this country exists today because of you.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Matt

It really doesn't seem like very much to contribute a bit towards a rifle considering you were in harms way serving your, and our, country. Many thanks for your service, please enjoy the rifle and the best of luck in your future endeavors. Please thank your family for us also.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AlaskanMatt
Originally Posted by eh76

Thank you Sir! You and I both know you did far more than I. Thank YOU for what you did. I wouldn't have had the chance to do what I did if you hadn't served.

Brother I couldn't hold a candle to what you have done or been through ...just glad to help. wink

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yup, the true thanks go back to you, and every one of your "coworkers". I spent a little time up at Warren AFB today getting my ID renewed and some vaccinations for my boy (which didn't go over well) and it sure gave me a warm feeling being surrounded by people in uniform again. I'm dreading trying to PCS with a custom rifle business in tow, but I am kind of looking forward to getting back on a base again (my wife is active duty who is getting to wear her civies for a bit, for those of you wondering what the heck I am rambling about)

But, you still owe me a picture of a dead moose! Am I going to have to hop a flight up there and point one out for you? Last time I was pushing a stroller from the commissary to the AMC terminal at Elmendorf, I could have got a couple. It can't be that hard wink wink

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AlaskanMatt
Originally Posted by Seafire
Matt,

best regards
john chr.
seafire

John -

thank you. I typed a long post, but somehow it didn't seem to fit what you've done for me. So... all I can say is "Thank you". With all my heart - thank you.

Believe me Matt, It was an honor and a privilege!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,343
Posts18,526,859
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.