Print Thread
Hop To
Page 120 of 151 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 150 151
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
I was thinking about one but now it is out of the budget.

17 HMR, sir.

What 17 hmr are you going to get?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I thought you were (or already had) because of this statement:

Used rifle racks. Ruger if you can find one.

Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x44 with the dead hold BDC reticle for optics.

That's the scope I would put on top of this rifle if I had the budget for it. I would have said Leupold but he was wanting to keep it on the cheaper side... grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought a Marlin XT 17 with the heavy varmint barrel, I need to wait for the background check though...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bcolorado
Landmark Books, these are wonderful books from the 50's-70's that teach history in a fun story form. Here are reviews on "The Wright Brothers" BOOK...http://www.amazon.com/The-Wright-Brothers-Landmark-Books/product-reviews/0394847008/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_cp_img_2_EQZR?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I have...
The Sante Fe Trail,
The Louisiana Purchase,
The Wright Brothers,
Paul Revere and the Minute Men,
The Adventures of Ulysses,
The California Gold Rush,
and Clipper Ship Days.
I have a few more coming.

added...
Trappers and Traders of the Far West

Take them all, have the kids read them and pass them on.

bcolorado, I'll take these. My little boy loves books.

PIF from me to come.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where is your PIF? wink

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I bought a Marlin XT 17 with the heavy varmint barrel, I need to wait for the background check though...

Did you find a scope for that bad boy yet and what is your budget??

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Where is your PIF? wink

Sorry, been in the middle of a move.

I have a pair of 1" rings. Don't know the brand or height. Came with a scope I bought long ago. They look like they would be used with some type of picatinny rail.

I may be a little slow to respond if someone wants these.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Gledeasy
Landmark Books, these are wonderful books from the 50's-70's that teach history in a fun story form. Here are reviews on "The Wright Brothers" BOOK...http://www.amazon.com/The-Wright-Brothers-Landmark-Books/product-reviews/0394847008/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_cp_img_2_EQZR?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I have...
The Sante Fe Trail,
The Louisiana Purchase,
The Wright Brothers,
and Clipper Ship Days.

added...

PIF from me to come.

Sent...

Enjoy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Did you find a scope for that bad boy yet and what is your budget??

Not yet... Under a hundred if I can.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I thought you were (or already had) because of this statement:

Used rifle racks. Ruger if you can find one.

Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x44 with the dead hold BDC reticle for optics.

That's the scope I would put on top of this rifle if I had the budget for it. I would have said Leupold but he was wanting to keep it on the cheaper side... grin

Same scope I'm looking for. Looks like we both missed one on the board the other week.

I haven't used this PIF forum as of yet, but all I can say is at least there is still a little bit of good will left in this country. Great job, guys!

Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.
No guns. No peace. No safety.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gledeasy

I have...
The Sante Fe Trail,
The Louisiana Purchase,
The Wright Brothers,
and Clipper Ship Days.

added...

PIF from me to come.

Sent...

Enjoy

Received the books Brian. Thanks a bunch.

When I get some time I'm going to try and get a pic up of the rings, or find something else to put up here that hopefully someone will want/need.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey guys and gals -

I have a Bushnell 2.5 - 8 scope that has a few exterior dings and scratches but the optics are as clear as a bell and works just fine. Also have a Leapers BDC scope with mount for an AR 15. I used it for a few years abd it works as advertised. Made in China and ugly - all of the old glop from the camo tape needs to be removed - which is easy with some lighter fluid and an old toothbrush. Scope is clear as a bell. You pay for the shipping or come and pick them up in Pittsburgh, Pa.

NEXT - I would like to raise some cash for a donation to a local private operation - a really nice deer camp that takes in a dozen or so veterans for fishing, turkey, bear, deer, squirrel, and grouse hunts. The vets pay not a penny and get the real royal treatment, even getting a ride in a quad to a stand when they can't get arond very well - SO HERE IS THE DEAL - I'm offering 10 signed copies of my book Sniper's Eyes (Reviewed by John Barsness - and John liked it!) for a donation of $50.00 per book. That will go a long way to fill the cupboard and maybe even buy a case of beer.

Terry Riebling

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ummmmmm......that's not how PIF works....^^^^^^

no funds involved sir.

NH,
I love it here.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Terry,

Sounds like a worthy cause but this isn't the place for it, try the general forum.

As for the scope, if you offer it you pay shipping, no money changes hands.

"My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income."

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by bluesman
Hey guys and gals -

I have a Bushnell 2.5 - 8 scope that has a few exterior dings and scratches but the optics are as clear as a bell and works just fine. Also have a Leapers BDC scope with mount for an AR 15. I used it for a few years abd it works as advertised. Made in China and ugly - all of the old glop from the camo tape needs to be removed - which is easy with some lighter fluid and an old toothbrush. Scope is clear as a bell. You pay for the shipping or come and pick them up in Pittsburgh, Pa.

NEXT - I would like to raise some cash for a donation to a local private operation - a really nice deer camp that takes in a dozen or so veterans for fishing, turkey, bear, deer, squirrel, and grouse hunts. The vets pay not a penny and get the real royal treatment, even getting a ride in a quad to a stand when they can't get arond very well - SO HERE IS THE DEAL - I'm offering 10 signed copies of my book Sniper's Eyes (Reviewed by John Barsness - and John liked it!) for a donation of $50.00 per book. That will go a long way to fill the cupboard and maybe even buy a case of beer.

Terry Riebling

PMing.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Winnie, I may have something for you but will not be back in SC for a couple of weeks. Will send a couple of options then in case you've not found anything.

If you accept my offer just put the hundred towards your bright future.

David

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sorry - I was looking at the book sale as a donation to a good cause.The Bushnell will ship this weekend with a note to forget the cost of shipping - and the Leapers scope will be offered on another forum that has Pennsylvania members who can come over, have a cup of coffee, and pick it up at my house. So far the Pennsylvania membership has been gifted with 650 rounds of 410 gauge and 300 rounds of 20 gauge, a couple of clay pigeon throwers, a climbing tree stand, and two very nice walnut stocks. The cost of shipping the ammo made it very expensive for me to ship so I just offered it locally and was inundated with I'll Take Its - Sorry if I broke the rules - won't hgappen again.

Terry

Bluesman pm inbound.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by bluesman
Sorry - I was looking at the book sale as a donation to a good cause.The Bushnell will ship this weekend with a note to forget the cost of shipping - and the Leapers scope will be offered on another forum that has Pennsylvania members who can come over, have a cup of coffee, and pick it up at my house. So far the Pennsylvania membership has been gifted with 650 rounds of 410 gauge and 300 rounds of 20 gauge, a couple of clay pigeon throwers, a climbing tree stand, and two very nice walnut stocks. The cost of shipping the ammo made it very expensive for me to ship so I just offered it locally and was inundated with I'll Take Its - Sorry if I broke the rules - won't hgappen again.

Terry

No worries. That being said; I have for PIF an AR single point sling plate. I -believe- it only fits military tubes, but I could be wrong. It's the type with one hole on either side; used it until I got an ASAP plate, nothing wrong with it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll take the AR sling plate and PIF with a set of simmons 10x25 pocket binoculars

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Page 120 of 151 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 150 151

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

144 members (44mc, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 35, 69sportfury, 14 invisible), 1,614 guests, and 956 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,537
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.