Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nebo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Not a great price, but not terrible with the $5 shipping. Probably won't last long.

22 LR Ammo

NRA Life Member
GB1

Nebo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

NRA Life Member
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
gone at 939est

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Actually still claims to be in stock now. Just added several to my cart to check. Placed an order earlier this AM to add some cushion for my daughter's planned shooting practice on spring break smile

It was a little high, but I had some points begging to be used and this seemed like a good use for them.

Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Check with your nearest Gander Mtn (daily). I just picked up some CCI Mini Mags on Monday. $99.99 for 1600 and ammo can. That's the first I've seen in quite a while. I'm sure they didn't last long.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Didn't really need any, but ordered four boxes for the boys anyways.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
just tried to order & said out of stock

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Just picked up those a Gander Mt. came to about 6 cents a round, I like CCI,

"The older I get, the better I was"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just ordered off cabelas and my confirmation email reads they're back ordered till 2/20. Just a FYI.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
10:50 out of stock

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My e-mail confirmation stated in-stock and anticipated delivery 02/15.

Of course, I'll believe that when I get another e-mail with the tracking confirmation!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Be VERY careful with these. After getting a confirmation that my order was placed and was in stock, I'm now told that they don't have my order yet due to a system issue. They won't be able to fulfill this order as the product is now out of stock (but they plan to fulfill orders that were placed a couple of hours after mine). To say I'm currently VERY disappointed with Cabela's would be the understatement of the century.

EDIT - I may be starting to get somewhere. They at least now agree that they have my order (after hours of phone calls and escalations)... hopefully they will get it right in the end. Really shouldn't have been this difficult to get here. Definitely not worth the hassle to just add some extra .22 to my shelf. I've been told that it won't be filled and now that it will so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Last edited by stanimal; 02/07/13. Reason: updated info

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For the hell of it I drove to my local Dick's and they had exactly that. Bought the last three boxes of 375 they had.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Spoke too soon - looks like Cabela's is still messed up with these orders. Bought at 7:04AM CST (these were still in stock for at least 2 hours after that). They temporarily "lost" my order but eventually claimed to find it. Then I received an email confirmation of in stock and delivery estimated at 2/15. Checked the web site and saw the same. Now I have a call back from a supervisor to tell me they are backordered. No written confirmation but the web site status has been changed to "backordered". Cust service has confirmed for others that they are shipping orders from at least two hours later than mine today.

Cabela's is about to be on track to chase away a very loyal customer with these shenanigans today. It's ridiculous and has taken an extraordinary amount of time today in dealing with their mixed up stories and incompetence. With their sarcastic cust service supervisors and complete failure to have answers they are less than confidence inspiring. What an absolute waste of time for a few boxes of .22 ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
stanimal,

I can relate with your frustration. Similar incident occurred to me this morning. On two separate occasions I snagged some .22lr off Natchez and after entering my cc info to pay, got the message that they were already sold out.

wtf? If you add an item to your online cart and immediately check out and pay, how is it sold out already?? Seems some companies online database are not in sync with their actual inventory. Frustrating...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep but at least that I can understand as timing. Shipping orders to someone who paid 2 hours after I did and leaving mine unfilled is what really frustrates me about this one. Not being able to explain why they didn't process my order for almost 6 hours when they were processing others via the web doesn't make sense.

Personally I think that placing an item in the cart should reserve the inventory until either the cart times out or the order is paid. I could see shortening that timeout during these busy times but frankly you don't want to penalize people for putting an item in the cart and then buying more items smile In this case I just bought those .22's but you would want to allow people to buy more from you any chance you get.

Oh well - very frustrating to deal with but it's just extra .22 ammo for the shelf. Just got excited that I had actually run across some for a change. Really want to be sure my 7 year old little girl has lots to shoot on spring break. (Yes I do have other .22 ammo on the shelf but would prefer not to take the reserve down too far). She's come along with her Crickett and I want to continue the enthusiams. She has shot the AR, but is getting pretty decent with the .22 and that's a TON of fun for me as a dad.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by woodson
For the hell of it I drove to my local Dick's and they had exactly that. Bought the last three boxes of 375 they had.

Cant drive anywhere around here and get 22 ammo..........

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Can't prove it but I heard some stores are only placing small amounts out on shelves for sale to guard against hoarders or those who buy everything. That might account for only a few boxes being sold at any one time. rm73

"Make my day"
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Well don't count on Gander Mtn. to help either...got an ad and went to the store...nope no stock...had earlier tried on line...nope not in stock...tried to get a rain check on price..." no we don't do that says the store"...cust.ssvc. wouldn't even answer my question as to why they don't do rain checks. I give up.
When they can sell all they get, they forget who keeps them in business in hard times.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I ordered 3 boxes yesterday from Cabelas and got a order number but have never gotten an email from them (which they always do).
Wondering if my order really went thru....

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 54 invisible), 2,606 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,292
Posts18,525,764
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.