-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
OP Offline
D
Walmart became the newest retailer to cave in to the pressure being exerted by the various anti-gun groups. Having been turned away at the ballot boxes and with legislators running for their political lives at the mention of tightened gun laws, Americans for Gun safety and others like them are targeting weak kneed American retailers. Should you choose to boycott Walmart be sure to contact them and tell them you will no longer do business with them and also be sure to tell them why. DC
<br>
<br>For more info:
<br>
<br>http://www.dallasnews.com/business/stories/070302dnbuswalmart.cf cf0.html
<br>
<br>Sign a petition against the policy change:
<br>
<br>http://www.petitiononline.com/04274600/petition.html

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wow 18 whole signers, what apathy we have running rampant today!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Wal-Mart orders tougher policy on gun sales
<br>
<br>
<br>By Eric Lichtblau
<br>Los Angeles Times
<br>July 03, 2002
<br>
<br>
<br>WASHINGTON - Wal-Mart, the United States' biggest seller of guns, has quietly ordered its stores to adopt a tougher policy on gun sales that goes beyond the requirements of the federal government and is sure to provoke opposition from gun owners.
<br>
<br>
<br>Wal-Mart executives, in an internal memorandum obtained by the Los Angeles Times, told store managers five weeks ago to stop selling firearms in cases in which authorities were not able to determine whether the would-be buyers should be banned from owning a weapon.

Fish Springs
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
According to my sis-in-law, a Wally-World deptartment manager (returns) they are just reinforcing the NICS check thing as some clerks were calling in and getting put on hold or getting a busy signal over and over and completing the sale prior to approval anyway due to poor training and laziness on their part.
<br>
<br>She also tells me they are not allowed to resell returned ammo, even if the box is unopened. They give it to the local police for disposal! All returned firearms have to go to a gunsmith for safety certification before they can be put back out for sale, and if they have been fired can't be returnad at all.
<br>
<br>Sounds like a good case of CYA to me.
<br>

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Thanks for some good information. For a while I had the gun log responsibility in a large sporting goods store. I seems like the sales staff is still not "into" precise record keeping.
<br>
<br>I have to wonder what it would take to get a gun club on the ammo disposal list for the couple of Wal Marts near me [Linked Image]

Fish Springs
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
According to sis-in-law, NO WAY JOSE! Police only. I know because I told her I would gladly dispose of any and all returns and even pay freight from Illinois to Florida, Through an FFL even.

Old cat turd!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

329 members (260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 204guy, 300_savage, 222ND, 47 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,534
Posts18,531,006
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.