Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S

Report from Guns & Ammo

S&W: Running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.

Remington: Maxed out!

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can�t get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by lack of bolt carrier�s.

LWRC: Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can�t get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/over 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL: Behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS: ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra�s for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we�ll keep you posted...

Related commentary from Bob Owens:

They didn�t know when they�d be getting anything back in stock, from magazines to rifles to pistols. Manufacturers are running full-bore, but can�t come close to keeping up with market demand. It isn�t just the AR-15s, the AK-pattern rifles, the M1As, and the FALs that are sold out. It really hit me when I realized that the World War-era M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, and Enfield .303s are gone, along with every last shell. Ubiquitous Mosin-Nagants�of which every gun store always seemed to have 10-20�are gone. So is their ammo. Only a dust free space marked their passing. I�ve never seen anything like it.

Every weapon of military utility designed within the past 100+ years is gone. This isn�t a society stocking up on certain guns because they fear they may be banned. This is a society preparing for war.

Barack Obama, Dianne Feinstein and the rest of the Statists have done more to promote gun ownership than the NRA ever did. Well done, Democrats!�����������������������

GB1

C
CWD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
You're absolutely right.

RLTW
NRA Benefactor Member
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
An a war they will have the democrats are as dumb as a box of rocks

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looking at the havoc one ex-cop can wreak in CA, it makes one wonder at the impact 90 million gun owners can have while defending their Constitution.

It sure seems like we are geared for it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dealers coming back from the Shot show in Vegas are looking at 12-24 months before delivery on any orders placed there.

IC B2

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by slopshot1

Report from Guns & Ammo

MAGPUL: Behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

Well done, Democrats!�����������������������

And Colorado is trying to run them out of the state!
Welcome to Arizona, Magpul!

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
and yet FOX news reports that most Americans favor more gun control. Go figure.

Sam......

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
and yet FOX news reports that most Americans favor more gun control. Go figure.

Sure, they want to control YOUR guns!
As they buy as many as possible to hide under their beds!

CCW classes are booked through 2014.

New ranges are popping up in places no one ever thought possible.
ie The Columbus metro area has small pockets of village land scattered through out the map.
And new range/ gun shop owners are taking advantage of it and breaking furtile , rich ground!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I remember walking into a gun store in Texas in 2009. They had a sign up with the saleman of the year. It was a photo of Obama. He has stepped up this year and increase sales again.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
People have moved on to the whys of why they want the guns and just not the fact that they want them. They see TSA out of control, LAPD running roughshod over the people they're trying to protect because one of their own guys has them pisssing their panties. They see the debt spiraling out of control while rich folks drive around in expensive imports as their own jobs circle the drain. Housing foreclosures at unprecedented levels. The failure and refusal of the government to stop the flow of drugs and illegals that they themselves have passed laws against. Flash mobs. Racism. Real criminals literally being released on the streets as the government tries to disarm good, common folks who just want to work at their jobs and be left the [bleep] alone.

Yes, there is more to it than just gun control.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The vast majority of the ammo, components, and guns that are off the shelves, are sitting in some dickhead's house and will not be used. Ever.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is some humor in the situation. Just this week two folks I know have asked my advice in purchasing their first firearm for "home protection".

One bought a 9mm handgun and can't find any ammo for it. I went with him to three large chain stores and found no hand gun ammo on the shelves. I just laughed out loud at the line of folks standing there staring at the empty shelve. My comment was "I guess if you waited this long to arm yourselves you are chit-out-of-luck.

Who hasn't seen this coming?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yes. We all knew the dumbphucks would hit the ground running, again.

And it is annoying, again.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
People have moved on to the whys of why they want the guns and just not the fact that they want them. They see TSA out of control, LAPD running roughshod over the people they're trying to protect because one of their own guys has them pisssing their panties. They see the debt spiraling out of control while rich folks drive around in expensive imports as their own jobs circle the drain. Housing foreclosures at unprecedented levels. The failure and refusal of the government to stop the flow of drugs and illegals that they themselves have passed laws against. Flash mobs. Racism. Real criminals literally being released on the streets as the government tries to disarm good, common folks who just want to work at their jobs and be left the [bleep] alone.

Yes, there is more to it than just gun control.
Well said, EE - well said..

Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter
There is some humor in the situation. Just this week two folks I know have asked my advice in purchasing their first firearm for "home protection".

One bought a 9mm handgun and can't find any ammo for it. I went with him to three large chain stores and found no hand gun ammo on the shelves. I just laughed out loud at the line of folks standing there staring at the empty shelve. My comment was "I guess if you waited this long to arm yourselves you are chit-out-of-luck.

Who hasn't seen this coming?
Foolish democrats - that's who..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Slop, do you have a link for this...
Originally Posted by slopshot1

Report from Guns & Ammo

Thanks.
Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by deflave
The vast majority of the ammo, components, and guns that are off the shelves, are sitting in some dickhead's house and will not be used. Ever.

Travis

Which then makes me wonder if, after the "crisis" is over, whether ammo and reloading sales will plummet since everyone has stocked up for years. After the 2008 run up on sales of black rifles and primers and so forth, did sales tank in late 2009-2010 as people lived off their hoard?

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I walked by the ammo counter at Wal-Mart on Sunday when picking up a few odds and ends. The shelves were practically empty. There were 2-3 half-full cardboard boxes just sitting on top of the glass display cases with random boxes of ammunition in them. I plucked out 2 100rnd 45ACP value-packs and walked on. It would be my guess that the stuff doesn't even make it to the shelves before selling and the employees are tired of the hassle, so they just sit it out for folks to pick up. A sign did say "3 box maximum per customer, per day".

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Which then makes me wonder if, after the "crisis" is over, whether ammo and reloading sales will plummet since everyone has stocked up for years. After the 2008 run up on sales of black rifles and primers and so forth, did sales tank in late 2009-2010 as people lived off their hoard?

The retailers I know have said that was the case.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well said +2.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

481 members (10ring1, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 54 invisible), 3,526 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,638
Posts18,533,505
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.