-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I am a Gene Ingram man myself, and prefer fixed blades. Having used his knives in all manner of ways, I can personally attest the quality, fit/finish, steel.

However something about Menefee and his folders moves me. Can anyone share some pictures and let me know how they like them? How does the steel hold up? How does it sharpen? Do you use it for bloody stuff? (If so how do they clean up?)

I am considering trading a sebenza for a menefee if I can find another agreeable party; however I would like some input before hand.

Oh I forgot to ask, as this is important! Do they lock open?

Last edited by George_in_SD; 02/14/13.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My personal opinion- I think theyre good for the money. No locking device needed if you cut on the sharp side!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
all folders require a small amount of cleaning if you are doing fish & game. the biggest advantage is the light weight & it carries in your pocket. i have tested menefee blades on cardboard & they outcut spydies super steel zdp189. he tweaks his heatreat [which can take 3 or more days] & the cutting is super w/o being brittle.he has a complete shop & can even make sheaths if he desires with his saddle sticher. pic to follow--cranky72

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

[Linked Image]
4.5 in. closed hunter in 154cm with african blackwood scales & elephant ivory shield. blow up the pic & see how perfect the inlay is.--cranky72

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
My personal opinion- I think theyre good for the money. No locking device needed if you cut on the sharp side!

There is something to be said when the maker of a product replies about it!
Approximately what rockwell do you harden to? I've had experience with 57-about 60 and liked it.

If I were to have a problem with your product, even if I purchased it used, would you repair it? Not that this is likely, just something that I find important.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

LMAO! Can't agrue with that.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
What RC would depend on what steel is used. One RC doesn't fit all steels.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
What RC would depend on what steel is used. One RC doesn't fit all steels.

I suppose that would also necessitate me asking what steel does Rick use for his folders?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Not to speak for him but I think by what I have seen him put out he likes 154CM

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I use 154cm. Rc 60. I dont stand behind natural handle material but anything else beside's abuse!

Last edited by rickmenefee; 02/14/13.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't keep them in stock
I do have a 4.25" clip point trapper with a very strong snap & the "lock up",is as good as it gets for a slipjoint. You'll need real strong fingernails though. PM me if you are interested

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
As a maker i will tell ya Rick takes his work and quality as seriously as anyone you will find. His grinds are absolutely as good as it gets. I have a couple of Rick's that all the money in the world wouldn't buy. Rick's folders will outshine damned near any out there.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by George_in_SD

There is something to be said when the maker of a product replies about it!
Approximately what rockwell do you harden to? I've had experience with 57-about 60 and liked it.

If I were to have a problem with your product, even if I purchased it used, would you repair it? Not that this is likely, just something that I find important.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond
He does stand behind his product 100%. Replaced my knife for no charge.

Model 7's FOR LIFE
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I would buy another knife from rick no problem, Its ridicouls how sharp he gets his knifes. And how light but duriable they are.

Last edited by kbruceM7KID; 02/15/13.

Model 7's FOR LIFE

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

246 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 23 invisible), 1,691 guests, and 1,038 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,973
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.