Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Attention all employers: If you don't hire convicted felons, the O'bama administration will see you in court.

Obama�s EEOC: We�ll Sue You If You Don�t Hire Criminals

Even if law-abiding people can read and write? Are more qualified? Are better educated? Have better work habits? Can pass the drug test? Have more experience? Have better references?

Failure to hire a felon will be a crime. Wonder why this wasn't something they came out with before the election.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Just another part of Skeeter's plan.....You watch the next thing they will announce is that Felons can vote.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by 12344mag
You watch the next thing they will announce is that Felons can vote.

They don't even need to announce it.

It's a well-known fact already. crazy

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
Even if law-abiding people can read and write? Are more qualified? Are better educated? Have better work habits? Can pass the drug test? Have more experience? Have better references?

Let's just cut straight to the chase. It has nothing to do with qualifications.

Quoted from the article:

...which declares that �criminal record exclusions have a disparate impact based on race and national origin.�

The impetus for this �guidance� is that black men are nearly seven times more likely than white men to serve time in prison, and therefore refusals to hire convicts disproportionally impact blacks...

If the firm does not do the intricate assessment, it could be found guilty of �race discrimination� if it hires a law-abiding applicant over one with convictions.

Color me surprised! shocked

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ColdBore
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter

Let's just cut straight to the chase. It has nothing to do with qualifications.

Quoted from the article:

...which declares that �criminal record exclusions have a disparate impact based on race and national origin.�

The impetus for this �guidance� is that black men are nearly seven times more likely than white men to serve time in prison, and therefore refusals to hire convicts disproportionally impact blacks...

If the firm does not do the intricate assessment, it could be found guilty of �race discrimination� if it hires a law-abiding applicant over one with convictions.

Color me surprised! shocked

But we still get flack if we feel negative towards the black race. Bs

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
And this is a problem how? how much EXTRA punishment should we pile on, and for how long?

I know a very nice lady in my little town who's a felon. She got caught with a truck ful of pot, driving across state lines back in the 80's. One time offense, typical young kid stupid mistake She served her 6-month sentence. Got married, raised 3 fine boys, and is a pillar in our church. But she'll never be able to vote, hold public office, or travel outside the USA. She cant own a business or get a job, because she has a 30-year-old felony record. Can't own a gun, and even her husband risks going to jail if he keeps a gun in the home. And this lady has NO avenue of appeal, because it's a federal felony. It's a life sentence.

How is this justice?

Someone serves their sentence, pays their debt to society, but they still are condemned to 2nd class citizenship? How is this just? State felonies can be remedied/pardoned, with full restoration of civil rights. Not so federal felonies

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I happen to have never ending openings for felons, apply in person at the farm.

Positions available:

Target
Lifesize punching bag
Bullet testing media
Bull practice dummy
Coyote bait
Rottweiler chew toy

Equal opportunity destroyer, open 24/7/365

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Felons voting is a state to state thing. I used to think if you were a convicted felon voting rights were lost but many states allow it and have for a long time. and not just blue states either.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Someone serves their sentence, pays their debt to society,...

I can almost hear what you're saying.

However... the sentence doesn't end after six months.

When convicted, you KNOW that your voting rights, gun ownership, record, etc still remain. It's not like it's a random thing, somehow just arbitrarily and "unofficially" tacked on.

While your neighbor sounds like a nice lady, she did the crime (whether young and stupid or not), and is now paying the price.

And you must admit, that the big majority of felons, are not like your neighbor.

Regardless, this entire situation doesn't revolve around "extended sentences" or anything else like that.

It is 100%, pure and simple, another case of race being used to further a cause. Nothing else.

Yet when I do something like that, somehow I'm a racist. crazy

Obama has set race relations back a hundred years in this country.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ColdBore

Obama has set race relations back a hundred years in this country.

That's because obumma is a racist!!

NRA Patron Member
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wouldn't bother me to hire a convicted felon.

But I refuse to have someone tell me I HAVE to. Thats where the BS starts.f

All Obama wants is for this to become a black 3rd world Africa where he is king and could care less about how many go down the tubes to get there. Especially taking all he can from the working middle class to get there.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Yet another reason to end the war on drugs

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Quick 'net search shows about 780,000 felons imprisoned for violent crimes, 260,000 for property crimes. 340,000 for drugs, and 100,000 for "public-order" felonies, which I understand to be IRS type felonies.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by DocRocket
She cant own a business or get a job, because she has a 30-year-old felony record.

Seriously? She, or any felon, can't even get a business lic. to own thier own business due to felony charge?... Thats just crazy.... crazy
...I mean I could see certain issues related to specific types of businesses notwithstanding...

I have no problem hiring someone with a record. But I alone have to be responsable for which, if any position they may or may not be suited for...and its the same for anyone else,...felon or not...

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My point is that state felonies are remediable, but federal felonies aren't. And the explosion in size and number of federal LE means federal felonies are increasingly common. Not to mention the expansion of the IRS, etc.

Think about this: you can be fined for not buying health insurance under the Obamacare law. What if this becomes a felony? Who KnOWS what's in that cockamamie legislation? Even a Class D felony? You'd have to give up your guns and voting.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
obamacare can go [bleep] itself, but its sure going to be a pain in the meantime.

Needs to be the majority of US just say no to his crap but I digress...

Any which way you look at it we are head first going to communism unless something MAJOR changes.

I'd like for that to be elections and politicians, but I'm afraid it will be worse than that.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Jeff, i fear you're right...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just another part of Skeeter's plan.....You watch the next thing they will announce is that Felons can vote.

Hell they already do , they are called Democrats

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I would like to see President Obama hire a convicted felon to be a nanny for his kids or a driver for his family! Don't they say "lead by example"! Hell, in 3 or 4 years he can hire Jesse Jackson, Jr.!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Well if dead people can vote anyone can..

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

320 members (12savage, 264mag, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 38 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,500
Posts18,490,477
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.