Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Apparently Ohio State � and college football in general � isn�t very popular in the state of Tennessee.

At least not with the police.

Bonnie Jonas-Boggioni, 65, and her husband were driving home to Plano, Texas from Columbus after attending her mother-in-law�s funeral when a pair of black police SUV�s stopped the couple a few miles outside of Memphis.

�Knowing I wasn�t speeding, I couldn�t imagine why,� Jonas-Boggioni told the Columbus Dispatch. �They were very serious. They had the body armor and the guns.�

On the back of Jonas-Boggioni�s car was a Buckeye leaf decal, similar to the one players� have on their helmets, and cops mistakenly thought it was marijuana leaf.

Yes, really.

�What are you doing with a marijuana sticker on your bumper?� one of the cops asked Jonas-Boggioni.

(AP)After trying to explain that the sticker was not a marijuana leaf and that she and her husband were not trafficking drugs cross-country, the police advised Jonas-Boggioni to remove the sticker as to not cause any more confusion.

You know, just in case there were any other moronic drug cops out there that didn�t actually know what a marijuana leaf looked like.

From the Columbus-Dispatch:

[Jonas-Boggioni] was too rattled to notice what police department the officers represented. But she suspects that a joint drug-interdiction effort was under way because they had passed several law-enforcement vehicles from different agencies.

Neither the Tennessee Highway Patrol nor the Shelby County sheriff�s office in Memphis had information about the traffic stop. A marijuana sticker would not be a sufficient reason to stop a car, said a spokeswoman for the West Tennessee Drug Task Force.

Regardless, Tennessee police apparently aren't botany experts. If they were, they�d know a marijuana leaf has seven leaflets (see above picture) and a narrow shape as compared to the Buckeye leaf, which is fat and has five leaflets.

At least that�s what it says on the Internet. I have no firsthand knowledge of this.

As for Jonas-Boggioni, she acknowledged the cop�s wishes, but got back in her car without removing the sticker.

�I didn�t take it off,� Jonas-Boggioni told the paper. �This little old lady is no drug dealer.�

Just an avid Ohio State fan.

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
IF all that's true, then it was a stupid stop followed by an even stupider question then command from whatever LE agency was represented.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Dood, probably the TSA lol

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Because every drug trafficer advertises with bumper stickers. Thought everyone knew that!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
SEC education

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Truth is, he just hates Buckeyes.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have no doubt at all that the story is 'true'. I see is as just another example of cops out of control. The poor guy involved is lucky he was not executed on the spot.

Sam......

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
We'd appreciate all non-residents do not drive thru our great state of Tennessee. Please go around......or you may not make it out alive.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
As Bob Lee Swagger (Mark Walburg) put it in Shooter, "Welcome to Tennessee, the patron saint state of shooting stuff".

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The drug task force. Guess those special cameras they use in that area picked up the design.

On any given day there are up to 20-30 from Nashville to Memphis on I-40. Few between Nashville and Knoxville . . .

That says something, but not sure what.

Last edited by LouisB; 02/16/13.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are far more unmarked in E Tn than you think. If you ever have a Dodge Ram ( white) with blacked out windows and a 300M get behind you.....your day just went south.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
It's Memphis, what do you expect? He probably thought someone new was operating on his turf without paying his "respect" money first.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looking at Ironbender's picture, the similarity is remarkable.
But....

Originally Posted by Crow hunter
It's Memphis, what do you expect? He probably thought someone new was operating on his turf without paying his "respect" money first.

I expect it's just run of the mill JBT on his pissant little self-righteous crusade to rid the world of those evil drugs.

Fuggin liberals.
They're sure an obnoxious bunch of ass wipes.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pa_gus
SEC education

No'uns ever accused us of being smart, but we can and do, KICK BUTT IN FOOTBALL!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by ironbender
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

close enough!
Git the sniffin dogs!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
As Bob Lee Swagger (Mark Walburg) put it in Shooter, "Welcome to Tennessee, the patron saint state of shooting stuff".

Dont know who the old guy was that Walburg went to see, but that one scene he was in was the best part of the movie. (apologies for the thread hijack)

"Still got the shovel"

Last edited by Auger01; 02/17/13.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I am fairly sure I know the man, and he don't live in Tennessee.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Not to be Debbie Downer, but I officially call bullshit.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I wouldn't say such a thing, but the man still builds some of the finest rifles around. Google Landtec rifles. If you have ever had a chance to meet Randy Landen, you'd feel kinda eerie when you watch the Shooter scene.

Last edited by CrimsonTide; 02/17/13.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,057
Posts18,482,363
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.