Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ackman
Eddy you're absolutely right, it was me pm'd you first. You got that one bless your little heart. My mistake, I surely must have lost my mind.

Myself and couple others on the board have been through this kind of "no way, prove it, you're way overpressure, the chrono is wrong, etc" bs several times with other people as ignorant as you. People who haven't done it but think loading manuals and quickload are gospel. I don't like to talk specific loads for that reason and pm'd you to get it off the forum. After two of your messages I saw what you were about and didn't want to waste time with your crap. It was a mistake to answer your bs on the thread.

Again, I did pm first and it was a good diversion for you. You're good at making dumb statements and diverting, but answer a few of them.

Originally Posted by EddyBo

1) I question why would someone who does not care what any reloading data, and apparently does not shoot long range given their projectile choices, even needs with a chronograph? You may as well throw that thing away.

2) Do you know why most people use a chronograph? It is to make sure they are running velocities in line with published data.
[quote}

------------------------------------
1) Yeah sure, you shoot long range (?) which you think makes you hot sh#t, and as you stated early on, "real bullets" weigh 90gr. But again.......nobody except long range shooters need a chrono? Do you really believe such crap?

2) That's a real load of bs. Do you really believe that one too?

I stated:
1) That 4K 223 load...... is one gr. over book.....not a real hot load.
----------------------------------
Your reply:
[quote=EddyBo]
1) Hilarious. You buy into Quickload when you thinks it supports your position on the 4000 fps load.

2)So now you admit that the load is over pressure just "not that hot"

1) Where did I ever "buy into quickload?" Show me.

2) Read again what I said.

You're good at diverting and distorting. Try answering.

So what your saying is that reloading manuals don't mean chit and people should just rely on your experience, even though you only shot the 4200fps 40gr load this one time and do not even know the combined overall length and think that VV 550 is way to slow for the .223. Whatever, I do not care how freakin hot you run them. Please wear ear and eye protection.
I do not owe you any answers, GFY.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Eddy you're absolutely right, it was me pm'd you first. You got that one bless your little heart. My mistake, I surely must have lost my mind.

Myself and couple others on the board have been through this kind of "no way, prove it, you're way overpressure, the chrono is wrong, etc" bs several times with other people as ignorant as you. People who haven't done it but think loading manuals and quickload are gospel. I don't like to talk specific loads for that reason and pm'd you to get it off the forum. After two of your messages I saw what you were about and didn't want to waste time with your crap. It was a mistake to answer your bs on the thread.

Again, I did pm first and it was a good diversion for you. You're good at making dumb statements and diverting, but answer a few of them.

1) I question why would someone who does not care what any reloading data, and apparently does not shoot long range given their projectile choices, even needs with a chronograph? You may as well throw that thing away.

2) Do you know why most people use a chronograph? It is to make sure they are running velocities in line with published data.
[quote}

1) Yeah sure, you shoot long range (?) which you think makes you hot sh#t, and as you stated early on, "real bullets" weigh 90gr. But again.......nobody except long range shooters need a chrono? Do you really believe such crap?

I stated:
Your reply:
[quote=EddyBo]
1) Hilarious. You buy into Quickload when you thinks it supports your position on the 4000 fps load.

1) So what your saying is that reloading manuals don't mean chit and people should just rely on your experience, even though you only shot the 4200fps 40gr load this one time
2) and do not even know the combined overall length
3) and think that VV 550 is way to slow for the .223.
4) Please wear ear and eye protection.

5) I do not owe you any answers,
6) GFY.

My God you're a jackass......just looking for things to argue.

1) No, what I'm saying is that reloading manuals are a rough guide, a place to start and not gospel. Most people know this. You want to argue it.
2) I've told you that. I don't care about coal, only distance from lands. With 0 freebore, coal is hardly a concern.
3) For the bullet weights I shoot, yes 550 is way too slow. I've not even seen it listed in any manual. But use whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy.
4) I always do. It's nice that you're concerned.

5) No you don't. But I figured you'd chickensh#t out and not back up what you've said.....you did.
6) Geee.......

You're a phony.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

[quote}

I stated:
Your reply:
[quote=EddyBo]

1) So what your saying is that reloading manuals don't mean chit and people should just rely on your experience, even though you only shot the 4200fps 40gr load this one time
2) and do not even know the combined overall length
3) and think that VV 550 is way to slow for the .223.
4) Please wear ear and eye protection.

5) I do not owe you any answers,
6) GFY.

My God you're a jackass......just looking for things to argue.

1) No, what I'm saying is that reloading manuals are a rough guide, a place to start and not gospel. Most people know this. You want to argue it.
2) I've told you that. I don't care about coal, only distance from lands. With 0 freebore, coal is hardly a concern.
3) For the bullet weights I shoot, yes 550 is way too slow. I've not even seen it listed in any manual. But use whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy.
4) I always do. It's nice that you're concerned.

5) No you don't. But I figured you'd chickensh#t out and not back up what you've said.....you did.
6) Geee.......

You're a phony.

If by phony you mean that I do not post loads that could potentially get some inexperienced reloader to lose an eye, yea your right. I am still waiting on your qualifications, other than you shot this load one time and and did not have pressure signs. Go ahead regale us with your exploits. Tell me why I should trust your judgement as to level of pressure behind that 40gr pill. You do not mention any case head measurements, only say you did not blow any primers. You do not even tell us if your firing pin has been bushed. Sorry that my questioning your load gets your goat.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
If I was going to chase speed, I'd build a .25 Gibbs. The .240 would be faster, but I already load for a .257 Bob so I wouldn't have to add 6mm bullets to the shelf.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
6mm Rem AI(244 AI) will equal the gibbs on 70g bullets, we have been down that route with 4100-4150 fps on each, amazing accuracy both had 26" barrels and both had 1-14 twist rates.

257 Weatherby with zero freebore will equal the 25 gibbs with both putting out the 100g bullets at 4000 fps on 30" tubes.

Neither will pass the quick load tests on pressure I am sure.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

If by phony you mean that I do not post loads that could potentially get some inexperienced reloader to lose an eye, yea your right. I am still waiting on your qualifications, other than you shot this load one time and and did not have pressure signs. Go ahead regale us with your exploits. Tell me why I should trust your judgement as to level of pressure behind that 40gr pill. You do not mention any case head measurements, only say you did not blow any primers. You do not even tell us if your firing pin has been bushed. Sorry that my questioning your load gets your goat.

Knowitall ex-purt arguing about something he's never messed with. You're a phony.

"...one time..." I've shot this load quite a bit more than "one time."

What gets my goat is you're a chickensh#t....you say real stupid things and are chickensh#t to explain them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
If I was going to chase speed, I'd build a .25 Gibbs. The .240 would be faster, but I already load for a .257 Bob so I wouldn't have to add 6mm bullets to the shelf.

The .240Gibbs is definitely a speed demon but I'd recommend against it. My load was 70's4100 which wasn't anwhere near max.....one guy (a barrel manufacturer) told me he'd shot that cartridge at 4500 but not what bullet weight, I'd guess it was 60's. At 4100 it just demolishes a rockchuck. But Gibbs are pretty much bastard cartridges and most people have never even seen one. Forming brass is a hassle compared to an AI. That gun now wears a long 6AI barrel. As Keith said, the 6mmAI will do that same velocity and with a bunch less powder.

And also as mentioned, the .257Wby is a 4K fps cartridge with 100's and a long barrel. A 100gr bullet going that fast does terrible things to a varmint.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Knowitall ex-purt arguing about something he's never messed with. You're a phony.

"...one time..." I've shot this load quite a bit more than "one time."

What gets my goat is you're a chickensh#t....you say real stupid things and are chickensh#t to explain them.

As I thought you are not willing to answer anything about your experience. Sorely lacking in that department?

Your the guy claiming your load runs a40gr bullet at 4200 fps from a 223AI and is done at safe pressures.

Speaking of your less than credible claims. I see that you still have not shed any light on the 223 saami pressure being raised to 65000 psi. Not saying that it did not or should not happen, just that everything I see on the subject rejects that claim.

Okay lets look back on our conversation. You made a claim. I offered evidence to rebut your claim. Now this is the point where you direct me to some tidbit of information that supports your claim other than you shot this load one day and did not pop any primers. Or at least bolster your claim with you qualifications.

BTW if there is an answer you want from me on any subject, put the question in a single post, not a list of your BS in a post. Because if you have not noticed I don't really read your posts very closely when I see that they contain no substance just deflection and name calling. I will quote it and answer the question. So long as you are willing to answer the same, I will do my best to respond.

I am beggining to wonder if your name should be Yackman. All BS no substance.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Eddy just give it up. You are wasting your time on him. He has an idea in his head and won't let loose. You're a better man than fooling with his BS.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Eddy just give it up. You are wasting your time on him. He has an idea in his head and won't let loose. You're a better man than fooling with his BS.

But but but I have been enjoying myself immensely. Okay it has been a lot of laughs, but I will let it go. I just wanted there to be an opposing view out there.
BTW guys if you want to try and run a 40gr bullet 4200 fps please contact me before trying yackman's load. His idea for components for doing it are not really realistic.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

1) As I thought you are not willing to answer anything about your experience. Sorely lacking in that department?

2) Your the guy claiming your load runs a40gr bullet at 4200 fps from a 223AI and is done at safe pressures.

3) Speaking of your less than credible claims. I see that you still have not shed any light on the 223 saami pressure being raised to 65000 psi. Not saying that it did not or should not happen, just that everything I see on the subject rejects that claim.

4) Okay lets look back on our conversation. You made a claim. I offered evidence to rebut your claim. Now this is the point where you direct me to some tidbit of information that supports your claim other than you shot this load one day and did not pop any primers. Or at least bolster your claim with you qualifications.

5) BTW if there is an answer you want from me on any subject, put the question in a single post, not a list of your BS in a post. Because if you have not noticed I don't really read your posts very closely when I see that they contain no substance just deflection and name calling. I will quote it and answer the question. So long as you are willing to answer the same, I will do my best to respond.

Ok Eddy.....

1) Reamer bought 3/99. Started shooting the gun early summer '99. Fireformed 1,000rds brass on pd's and groundsquirrels, did AI load workup early 2000's. About 2005 I tried the 40's. I have 4 barrels chambered with that reamer, 2 of them are slower. Two (2) other guys have rifles chambered with my reamer...... one is in So. Carolina the other is in Michigan. Their velocities are about the same + or - as mine.

2) Myself and at least one other person.

3) Yes. My post said 62K or 65K, I've seen both listed. The information is out there if you look. And I'm sure you have.

4) I've just told you. And again the "one day" thing, more of your made up bs. Again no, not just "one day." I've used that load in the field a couple times. So, what's your experience? How much have you shot this cartridge, and with less than heavy bullets? I didn't think so.

5) This is your deal, snow 'em with bs. You throw out ridiculous statements with ease. Four times I've asked for an explanation, so now you say ask again one at a time? You know exactly which I'm talking about and won't answer. You're Chickensh#t Eddy.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ackman,
No reason to get crude. He disagrees with you. Get over it, it probably won't be the last time it happe3ns in your life. You are convinced that you are right, just go with it then.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Ackman,
No reason to get crude. He disagrees with you. Get over it, it probably won't be the last time it happe3ns in your life. You are convinced that you are right, just go with it then.

Butch,
He asks, I've answered. And if you look back it was he got crude first.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

1) As I thought you are not willing to answer anything about your experience. Sorely lacking in that department?

2) Your the guy claiming your load runs a40gr bullet at 4200 fps from a 223AI and is done at safe pressures.

3) Speaking of your less than credible claims. I see that you still have not shed any light on the 223 saami pressure being raised to 65000 psi. Not saying that it did not or should not happen, just that everything I see on the subject rejects that claim.

4) Okay lets look back on our conversation. You made a claim. I offered evidence to rebut your claim. Now this is the point where you direct me to some tidbit of information that supports your claim other than you shot this load one day and did not pop any primers. Or at least bolster your claim with you qualifications.

5) BTW if there is an answer you want from me on any subject, put the question in a single post, not a list of your BS in a post. Because if you have not noticed I don't really read your posts very closely when I see that they contain no substance just deflection and name calling. I will quote it and answer the question. So long as you are willing to answer the same, I will do my best to respond.

Ok Eddy.....

1) Reamer bought 3/99. Started shooting the gun early summer '99. Fireformed 1,000rds brass on pd's and groundsquirrels, did AI load workup early 2000's. About 2005 I tried the 40's. I have 4 barrels chambered with that reamer, 2 of them are slower. Two (2) other guys have rifles chambered with my reamer...... one is in So. Carolina the other is in Michigan. Their velocities are about the same + or - as mine.

2) Myself and at least one other person.

3) Yes. My post said 62K or 65K, I've seen both listed. The information is out there if you look. And I'm sure you have.

4) I've just told you. And again the "one day" thing, more of your made up bs. Again no, not just "one day." I've used that load in the field a couple times. So, what's your experience? How much have you shot this cartridge, and with less than heavy bullets? I didn't think so.

5) This is your deal, snow 'em with bs. You throw out ridiculous statements with ease. Four times I've asked for an explanation, so now you say ask again one at a time? You know exactly which I'm talking about and won't answer. You're Chickensh#t Eddy.

You said 65K and have offered no support for it, as per your usual. From my understanding it is still 55K.

Is that the only gun you have ever loaded for? Surely that is not the depth of your experience...on second thought, maybe it is.

What question are you talking about? Spell it out for me in a single post I will answer it. I do not read most of your yack. I have no freaking clue what your asking.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

1) You said 65K and have offered no support for it, as per your usual. From my understanding it is still 55K.

2) Is that the only gun you have ever loaded for? Surely that is not the depth of your experience...on second thought, maybe it is.

3) What question are you talking about? Spell it out for me in a single post I will answer it. I do not read most of your yack. I have no freaking clue what your asking.

You're tiresome.

1) The information is out there. Easy to find.

2) You keep coming up with crap ass-umptions.

3) Snow 'em with bs. You freaking know exactly what I've asked you several times to explain. This is your little game.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
204 Ruger

Factory Hornady ammo with 32gr vmax is 4200fps at the muzzle.

If speed and less than .257 are the only requirements, why make it harder than it needs to be?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

1) You said 65K and have offered no support for it, as per your usual. From my understanding it is still 55K.

2) Is that the only gun you have ever loaded for? Surely that is not the depth of your experience...on second thought, maybe it is.

3) What question are you talking about? Spell it out for me in a single post I will answer it. I do not read most of your yack. I have no freaking clue what your asking.

You're tiresome.

1) The information is out there. Easy to find.

2) You keep coming up with crap ass-umptions.

3) Snow 'em with bs. You freaking know exactly what I've asked you several times to explain. This is your little game.

I think you have lost your sanity and apologize if I had any part in causing your breakdown. If you wanted an answer you would have asked a direct question. If it was easy to find you would have posted a link. I came up with the assumption as it is the only experience you listed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I think you have lost your sanity and apologize if I had any part in causing your breakdown.

You're delusional.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Easy choice for me, I'll take the vast experience of EddyBo over the unknown, but clearly speculative, experience of Ackman.
Especially when it's backed up by Hartmut Broemel and his fantastic QL program.
Funny how my Pressure Trace correlates so well with the predicted pressures from QL in my admittedly limited testing of PT so far.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

392 members (1Longbow, 22kHornet, 1lesfox, 160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 37 invisible), 2,833 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,651
Posts18,533,818
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.