Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/02/new_words_for_the_media.html

February 22, 2013

Gary Owen

Christopher Dorner is the ex-LAPD officer who went on a revenge rampage, killing several people before shooting himself in a cabin in Big Bear, California. Nationwide news.

NBC News"...detailed the extent of the arsenal that Dorner had with him in his final days...Among the items recovered from the cabin where Dorner died and other locations and vehicles were numerous assault weapons; semi-automatic hand guns; a .308 caliber, bolt action sniper-rifle; high capacity ammunition magazines..." Sniper rifle?

The media are learning firearms nomenclature. As new words are incorporated into their vocabularies, each category of firearms receives a promotion in implied lethality. Semi-automatic rifles, in use for 100 years, have become assault weapons. The term semi-automatic has gained ominous overtones by the association with "assault rifles." Pistols are semi-automatic too and are on the threshold of being included in the two minute hate with "assault weapons."

For those that tend to ignore the gun-controllers rant that deer hunters do not need military assault weapons with high capacity magazines, but can get by with just regular ol' deer guns, we find that a bolt action .308, a regular ol' deer gun suddenly now is a sniper rifle.

Reporting caliber and firearm descriptions give an aura of expertise to the media, but there is no indication of comprehension of ballistics or firearms. Sooner or later we will learn that hunters don't need sniper rifles any more than they need machine guns.

The gun-controllers have telegraphed their next punch. If or when they have succeeded in demonizing, banning and confiscating "assault rifles" and semi-automatic pistols, they will move on to "sniper rifles," another weapon of war.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It is pretty obvious that they only want people to be able to own a shotgun at this point.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
They'll wait till after they've achieved their ends regarding "assault weapons" before they go after the "sniper rifles." They go step at a time, fearing the possibility of inflaming too large a portion of the shooting public all at once, thus risking their becoming united and powerful in opposition.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CA Dems in their latest push have latched onto "Battlefield Rifles" and "Assault Bullets" in their latest quest..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shotguns would be next to go if they ever got their way!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by heavywalker
It is pretty obvious that they only want people to be able to own a shotgun at this point.

fairly accurate, for now

but it's as plain as the nose on your face to thinking men

that they want to ban all firearms

it goes roughly in this order

military looking rifles

hi capacity mags

handguns

sniper rifles

repeating firearms, iows firearms holding more than one cartridge or shell

and then eventually last but not least, single shots

they'll be satisfied then

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shouldn't be nothing to worry about as that DFLer nsaqam from Manysodas said that his bolt actions are not threatning anybody.Move along here ignorant civilian nothing to see here!

Last edited by Chainsaw; 02/23/13.

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Any gun that's "high powered", "military style", "sniper", "tactical", etc. is only good for crime and should be banned.

And any gun that isn't is a "junk gun", "unsafe", "saturday night special", etc. and should also be banned.

Any questions?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Why didn't the police shoot a shotgun into the air to scare Dormer into submission?

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It will only get worse now since NY, Kali and a handful have started leading the charge. We need to fight back HARD with letters and demonstrations for the SANE (our)side of the argument. It ain't gonna be easy.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Label as bad , Demonize, ban. Perfect Alyinsky plan. The typical demo op.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sence most of the shooting people, are Democrat ,They must be all sniper . Its has to be the party I am thinking

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Shall not be infringed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I saw this one coming a mile away.

"Long range sniper rifles and military style, tactical reticles."

They're next, you can bet your sweet ass on it.

wink

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Same thing applies to sniper rifles...come and get 'em whistle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can see it now, in prepration for her Military sniper rifle ban of 2015 Sen Finestain googles " U S military sniper rifles". Then, hires the predominate expert in the field, Lee24, to write her list of banned feaures.

Last edited by pa_gus; 02/23/13.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It constantly amazes me that those who most readily attack the best armed citizens in an obviously armed society such as the US never get shot, beaten up, or otherwise physically damaged by those same citizens.

Ironically, it appears that the harassers are at more physical risk from others of their anti-firearm persuasion and/or political leaning.

Funny old world...ism't it.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
"Sniper" is an easy word for the stupid press. YEARS ago when James Meredith led a march down HWY 51 or I-55 somebody shot at him with a shotgun with birdshot. Guess what the moron shooter was labeled.

"Sniper"!

Eventually they'll also figure out that there are a lot more powerful hunting rounds around than the .223 and then our hunting cartridges will be labeled "even more powerful and deadly than 'assault rifle' rounds."

The media just love buzz words. In the '60's and '70's it was "Saturday night special". They just keep coming and have no intentions of stopping until they eradicate all firearms...good luck!

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by navlav8r

Eventually they'll also figure out that there are a lot more powerful hunting rounds around than the .223 and then our hunting cartridges will be labeled "even more powerful and deadly than 'assault rifle' rounds."

Been waiting for that shock & awe as well..

Proud NRA Life Member
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ingwe
Same thing applies to sniper rifles...come and get 'em whistle

Those mothrphuckers can kiss our azzes huh Ingwe. I'll bet my 9.3x62mm would fall into that catergory as far as they are concerned.....Look what happened to the elk who tried to "come and get it"...I let her have it too grin...... whistle:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,592 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,061
Posts18,482,416
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.