Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by reelman
Seriously how long do you think the Vortex lifetime warranty will be good for? How long will this company be in business? 5 years? 10 years at most is my guess and then your warranty is worthless.

Since they've already been in business for alot longer than 10 yrs, I'm going with they will be here for a long time.

Do you know anything about the things you pop off about, or do you just pop off?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guys, you're missing the point. The Vortex rangefinders SUCK and this is from a guy that loves the company and owns quite a bit of their optics. I love my 10x42 Razors, my Kaibabs and my Razor spotter but they have work to do on their rangefinders if they ever want to compete. It was off by yards under 30. As a bowhunter that was unacceptable

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Mine got the same reading as my Leica. I do like the speed the leica returns the better and it did range farther. Other then that I like some of the features the Vortex has better. But they did read the same yardages.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BradB
Mine got the same reading as my Leica. I do like the speed the leica returns the better and it did range farther. Other then that I like some of the features the Vortex has better. But they did read the same yardages.

You got lucky! I tested Vortex vs all other brands at Sportsmans and Bass Pro and the Vortex was consistently off where the other brands were not. I then called a guy that is associated with Vortex and asked him about the rangefinders as I really WANTED to like it. He told me point blank that they suck and he's associated with them. That was all I needed to go with a different brand

I did hear that apparently they have "fixed" the problem with them being off so bad but who knows, they should have had it "fixed" before they ever decided to enter the market IMO

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Maybe you just got unlucky. My Vortex rangefinder definitely does not suck. I have a Leica CRF 1200 and a Vortex Ranger 1000, and I have run them side by side several times. Performance wise there is little if any difference between them. On the same target there is rarely a yard difference in the readings from one to the other.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The optics on the Leica make it worth every penny. Pretty hard to range stuff that you can't see. I tried a Vortex Ranger 1000 out last summer - Went with the Leupold because the optics seemed better. Decided to get rid of the Leupold because the optics just didn't cut it and now I'm back to a Leica 1600B. Just isn't a better rangefinder for under $1000 out there. I really wanted the lower priced Leupold or Vortex to work just as well as the Leica. So much so that I went ahead and bought one, but the truth is that neither one is in the same league as the Leica.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 1,480 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.