Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#7496800 02/28/13
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
George, you teased me about leaving a machine dirty, so this one's for you sir! grin

I was out here till the wee hours taking away aluminum that wasn't supposed to be there according to the drawings and with more of the same today, and my swarf bins all full, I just stumbled off to bed and left it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
To quote Boococky, NGAF.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
DAMN!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
To quote Boococky, NGAF.

TFF!

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
George, you teased me about leaving a machine dirty, so this one's for you sir! grin

I was out here till the wee hours taking away aluminum that wasn't supposed to be there according to the drawings and with more of the same today, and my swarf bins all full, I just stumbled off to bed and left it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
You make me want to puke...I miss my lathe so much I cant stand it. I just HAVE to get another one. Even a small bench top would keep me mostly happy.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by KevinGibson

You make me want to puke...

He must get that a lot.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
You make me want to puke...I miss my lathe so much I cant stand it. I just HAVE to get another one. Even a small bench top would keep me mostly happy.

Buy one! They are out there. Check your local CL every few days...

Here's one for ya: whistle

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I could see doing that at times.

Though most machinists I know keep tight hours and a clean shop, clean enough to eat off the floor almost.

Guess thats a good indicator I should never try to be one either.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That is what the folks at the FBI call a clue.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Plastic and dry aluminum are clean chips. Cast iron and wet steel chips are different, a lot different.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, aluminum isn't hurting anything sittin' there.

Cast iron dust gives me the heebie jeebies and I cover the ways to the extent possible, then clean it off like an OCD tweaker.

This machine has very hard ways- a virtue of the design- and a great self-oiling system that I've gone through and fed with all the Vactra it needs...it appears past owners did too... as a consequence, the ways are in good shape.

All the chips in the pic are cleaned up now, not to satisfy false prurience, but because I was switching over to cutting stainless and I try to keep my swarf segregated, as a courtesy to the poor rat bastid chinamen destined to pick through it and melt it down and make crap to sell us. smile

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rost495
I could see doing that at times.

Though most machinists I know keep tight hours and a clean shop, clean enough to eat off the floor almost.

Guess thats a good indicator I should never try to be one either.

Jeff, my hours are all over the place. A consequence of having very active kids needing taxi'd, and an injury that limits me to 4-5 hours at a stretch max, and, well, I'm a night owl. I get a lot done after traditional hours, always have.

As to mess? In machining, if you aren't making a mess, you aren't working. Making piles of chips is a GOOD thing.

Had to put my "occupation" on something recently... like an athletic release form or somethin'... I put "Master Floor Sweeper" and I was proud! If I'm sweeping, I'm working. grin

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Buy one! They are out there. Check your local CL every few days...

Here's one for ya: whistle

[Linked Image]
I'll take it, do you deliver?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Someone NEEDS to learn how to grind a tool bit properly... wink

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

388 members (160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 222ND, 1lesfox, 163bc, 34 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,329
Posts18,526,628
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.