Print Thread
Hop To
R
RLB Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I need a couple mags for my .44automag..It's a AMT.
any help locating some would be appericated..

Robert....

The world ends when you dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. stand it like a man-and give some back..
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thought I'd see what I could come up with on the Web. I googled in "44 Auto Mag magazine" and came up with a "Guns & Ammo" magazine article. A Big 50 (years) For the 44".

Where do you even find ammunition to put into your magazines?- Let alone, find additional magazines. This article mentions your 44 Auto Mag, as introduced by AMT's founder, the late Harry Sanford, who fired a rimless version of the .44 Magnum that was originally developed by bobbing and modifying .30-06 cases. Ballistics were on a par with the revolver round. Several manufactures eventually made versions for the Auto Mag. Less than 9000 were produced, and today they are pretty hot collectors items.

This article also includes a picture of the 44 Auto Mag. ... Nice.

Continuing my search for the ammo-type "magazine", I found:
>>>>>>> ammoclip.com <<<<<<<

On the left side of the Homepage "click": >> 1911 thru A <<
On the left side of that page "click": >>>>> AMT Automag <
On the left side of that page "click": > Old.44 AMP/357AMP <

There you will find a couple "magazine" pics. and text:

"Auto Mag old .44AMP & .357AMP, blued steel body and floor plate with alloy follower, unbranded-new." Also, "Limited to stock on hand." >>>> $40.00 each <<<<

"If an item is listed with a purchase button (and is) there is a 99% chance it is in stock."

Good luck, and congratulations- You have a very interesting and unique handgun. Maybe you could post us a pic.

-- Weed

R
RLB Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
As far as ammo I roll my own from starline 308 brass..
I'ts easy to find automag clips but to find AMT .44 magnum automag stainless clips isn't so easy..several company produced the automag and not all the clips are interchangable..
If you've ever fired a desert eagle .44mag you'll know they don't have quite the recoil of a revolver and my automag tames recoil a little better still..
If the ammo isn't rolled just perfect it'll jam like hell so I roll mine a little short..1.25 versus 1.30
Power is the same as a standard .44 magnum but the sound is much different it has a mechanical tone to it..almost like a BOOM-CLANG...I shoot alot at the local ranges if any of you see me there I'll let you shoot it..ammo is cheap for me...

Robert...

The world ends when you dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. stand it like a man-and give some back..

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

53 members (300_savage, 35, Akhutr, 338reddog, 9 invisible), 1,390 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,208
Posts18,503,881
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.