Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I don't think it matters if he owns zero or a thousand, that's a completely different subject.

How pro gun can that fossil be with a statement like live by the gun die by the gun? I know you guys light candles and pay him homage, but your blinded by love grin

Not me.
I disagree with him on many points, just not as many points as the scum either of the two heads of the same snake nozzles of the same douche parades in front of us.

On top of that, some of the points I agree with RPee my agreement is for different reason(s) than he's promoting.

There's a few points he's spot on, though.

He's definitely right nuke the fed reserve act and stay away and allow the mid east muslims kill each other off in peace.
Exterminate them here but the rest of the world? Who shives a git. Deal with it yourselves.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
If it gets clarified, at least we will know where we stand. We can regroup after that and move ahead.

Not gonna be much moving ahead if it goes badly in the wrong direction...............

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Can't understand all the high fives.

This is the same bunch of azzhats that ruled Obamacare constitutional- as a [bleep] tax no less....which the administration denied it was.

Pardon me for not standing on my chair and cheering for the Supreme Court...

So............. you think the Executive Branch should get to decide what is, and isn't, a tax?

THAT would give Obama a blank check with regard to restrictions on the 2A.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by stevelyn
A dabbling Fudd does not a gun-rights advocate make.

Kagan owes a lot of people for her position. I doubt the Marxist pig misjudged her ideology.
I hate to see a flaming lib get used to killing.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another swing and a miss...

You go back and show everyone where I said that.

Don't make assumptions, try to comprehend what is written.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KR13
Not sure if the Obamacare decision is the right case to use to read how the court may rule. Heller seems more appropriate. Also of note while Scalia did say there were limits to how far 2A goes he did set that bar pretty high (shoulder fired missiles).

What's his beef with shoulder fired missles?

Hell, it's not like we'll be giving them to small children for birthday.
We need 'em for prairie dogs.

smile

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can't understand all the high fives.

This is the same bunch of azzhats that ruled Obamacare constitutional- as a [bleep] tax no less....which the administration denied it was.

Pardon me for not standing on my chair and cheering for the Supreme Court...

That's the point. It IS a TAX. Just because Obama says it's not doesn't make it so. If you read the majority opinion you will find that what Roberts did was actually pretty smart. He was able to get the liberal wing of the court to restrict congressional power under the commerce clause. LINK

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

You're asking a lot from old Cur.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
If it gets clarified, at least we will know where we stand. We can regroup after that and move ahead.

I say we already know where we stand.
We've known for a couple hundred years.

We don't need to regroup and move ahead. We need to back up.
The very first bite taken from "shall NOT be infringed" should have resulted in a hangman's noose.

It's never too late to say I'm sorry.
I was wrong.
I'm fully repentant.
From here on out this is how it will be done.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JM don't even comprehend what he writes.

Don't expect him to understand what someone else writes.

Maybe his ex-wife was awarded the part of his brain that's used for critical thinking. grin

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It was smart all right.

When this healthcare fiasco finally gets fully implemented, come back here and tell everyone how smart Roberts was...

Tell the small business owners I know how smart he is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You might want to go get your GED form North Texas White Trash High before you talk about someone else's comprehension skills.

Just sayin'. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Laws can be changed by electing better representatives. Supreme Court precedent is another matter. Just because it is a bad law sold with lies doesn't make it unconstitutional.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

You're asking a lot from old Cur.

TRH........... it's really NOT difficult for most folks.

I suggest you start with something easy for us ordinary folks , but challenging for you.

Walk and chew gum at the same time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why did you mention that Obama claimed it was NOT a tax if you think THAT should have no bearing on Robert's decision?

It's a simple question.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cur is just mad because I got my GED before he did.

K, I understand your point about a law being bad, but not necessarily unconstitutional.

This court has ruled in an activist manner, Obamacare could have been struck down using several good arguments, but Roberts chose to uphold the law based on the right of congress to levy taxes.

That was left field schit for sure.

My point being, that if SCOTUS has the desire to change or modify current laws, they most certainly will find a legal leg to stand on in order to accomplish it.

IMHO, this is the worst court we've had in some time and certainly not one I'm willing to throw the 2nd amendment in and see what come out the other side.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by 40O
I'm a lawyer. My wife is a lawyer. Mother and father in law are lawyers. Know lots of lawyers. Not a single one thought that Obama care would be ruled unconstitutional. Not one.

The issues will need to be clarified, but all generally agree the 2nd amendment is safe.
Passing the bar exam counts for little here at the campfire.
Judge Hawkeye will have to approve you.
Are you a neocon?

I see your point but neocon 'r not doesn't really matter.

The problem with lawyers, judges (glorified lawyers), courts (places of worship services) and politicians is they have bar cards and those proudly displayed little cards signifying membership to the elite little club take precedence over anything and everything.

A certain amount of go with the flow is required to stay "in the business". Stray too far from the current tide, whether coming in or going out matters not, and you risk shame of demotion to a hinder pew like paralegal or excommunicated
all together.

It's a cut throat business.
Their pirate's code is more like guidelines than actual rules.
Parlays are held in secret.

The world of legalities is a dangerous one in which to dwell. They like blood and don't care who bleeds it. The nature of sharks and rattlesnakes, the temperature of their blood, the cold dark soulless look in their eyes, the scheming little gears turning inside their warped little minds... it all adds up to one thing and one only, the family den sight must survive. Individuals within the family are friend, foe, or food, on a minute by minute basis.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Why did you mention that Obama claimed it was NOT a tax if you think THAT should have no bearing on Robert's decision?

It's a simple question.

That deseves a simple answer.

-Because the thing was misrepresented from start to finish by the White House and Democratic leaders.

-To rule it constitutional based soley on the Congress' right to impose taxes, ignoring the argument that it restricts a persons freedom of choice, demonstrates to me that the Court was looking for a way to pass the President's plan.

What makes you think that exposing the 2nd amendment to this court won't possibly lead to a compromise where freedoms are lost.

It's a simple question.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
That's the point. It IS a TAX. Just because Obama says it's not doesn't make it so. If you read the majority opinion you will find that what Roberts did was actually pretty smart. He was able to get the liberal wing of the court to restrict congressional power under the commerce clause. LINK
=============

Precisely. Many will see the wisdom behind all that Roberts accomplished with his ruling only as time passes and the problems facing this administration because of Robert's ruling actually kick into play.

By the end of this year or the 1st quarter of 2014, Roberts is going to become a lot brighter to many folks.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by KR13
Laws can be changed by electing better representatives. Supreme Court precedent is another matter. Just because it is a bad law sold with lies doesn't make it unconstitutional.
so anything the govt wants to make you do could be justified as constitutional by some manner. The auto industry is involved in interstate commerce, so I guess it's ok for .gov to force you to buy a GMC yearly.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

174 members (257 mag, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 44mc, 35, 300_savage, 17 invisible), 1,803 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,558
Posts18,510,458
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.