Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Have to post this from the phone because when I log on with the computer, as soon as I try to open a forum, it says "you are not logged on". What do I need to change with my settings to fix this?

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
It's a hint from Rick. Did you send him a handle of Crown at Christmas?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Dam him!

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My laptop does that to me when I click the "remember me each visit" box. I quit clicking it and it quit logging me off?????

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
This website does weird crap like that sometimes. I've had that happen multiple times to me. Usually it'll act fine for a couple of weeks then it'll start doing it again. Sometimes deleting your cookies helps. The thing that has worked best lately is as soon as you get logged in, before you open any other page, go to "my stuff" at the top and click on "messages", now go and open the forums as usual and it'll keep you logged in. For some reason this stops it from logging you out every time, at least it does for me. Why it works I have no idea, but it does.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Guys:

It sounds very much like the ubiquitous expired cookies issue. That happens/is controlled on the browser side, not on the server side, i.e., you can set your cookies to expire at whatever frequency you want in your browser. Expired/corrupted cookies cause the behavior you are experiencing 99.999999% of the time.

Please try cleaning out your cookies using your browser. That works most of the time.

If not, and you have stubborn cookies, the best way to handle it is to use the FREE version of CCleaner:

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Just make sure to de-select the options to put icons and toolbars as part of the download, so you�ll get a clean copy with no add-on junk. Just the free basic version with no add-ons is what you want. Great program. Been running it at least weekly for many years.

Run that, try logging in again, and let me know. wink

That should do the trick.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing I could do with IE (short of cheating, see below) let me stay logged in so I changed to Chrome and no longer have any problems.

The way to cheat is as soon as you log in, don't go to the Forums, hit the "My Stuff" dropdown, and select "Edit Preferences". It will kick you out again, but when you re-sign in from that page you won't get kicked back out. Don't ask me why.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by RufusG
Nothing I could do with IE (short of cheating, see below) let me stay logged in so I changed to Chrome and no longer have any problems.

The way to cheat is as soon as you log in, don't go to the Forums, hit the "My Stuff" dropdown, and select "Edit Preferences". It will kick you out again, but when you re-sign in from that page you won't get kicked back out. Don't ask me why.

Yep used this many many times

Buy once, cry once.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I keep getting redirected to the App Store, but only from my phone.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

317 members (1lesfox, 1badf350, 160user, 21, 12344mag, 10ring1, 32 invisible), 1,839 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,080
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.