-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sadly, fewer and fewer people read for pleasure or information these days, especially youth- many of whom seem to require video & flashy special effects for something to hold their attention.
So if a series like this piques some interest in the Bible, that's a good thing.
BTW, it's not a critical documentary/commentary, but rather a dramatization of some of the best known stories.

Does anyone know who is playing Moses? I recognize the face, but I can't put a name to it, and I couldn't find it online...

"The catfish is a plenty good enough fish for anyone"
-Mark Twain
"Democracy is the worst form of government except for all those others that have been tried."
~ Winston Churchill

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Are they past the " Begattin" yet?

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
William Houston played Moses

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Anyone notice the [bleep] friendliness in their version of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah? They must have been going by the queen james version.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How come the producers of this tale did not use semItic looking actors, you know, the the Arab looking people of the times and region.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RJY66
Anyone notice the [bleep] friendliness in their version of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah? They must have been going by the queen james version.

Did notice that and had a chuckle.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by nathanial
How come the producers of this tale did not use semItic looking actors, you know, the the Arab looking people of the times and region.

And, what's with the British accents? (King James, I know. Just like the Bible Jesus read...)

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki
William Houston played Moses

Ah, yes, thanks. Most recently seen as a constable in Sherlock Holmes.
Did notice how the "sodomy" got left out of the Sodom scenes, but I just guessed that was to keep it family friendly... Beside that, an added benefit may be that whole "you catch more flies with honey" thing...
And Noah-- a Scotsman! But with Roma Downey as a producer, why not? It's not like they could film it in ancient Hebrew or Aramaic or whatever...

"The catfish is a plenty good enough fish for anyone"
-Mark Twain
"Democracy is the worst form of government except for all those others that have been tried."
~ Winston Churchill

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
have it set to record.....not sure if im gonna get to watch any of it until after i get back from the Hog Hunt though......also watching the Viking show that was also on last night....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I saw the producers on O'Reily a few days ago and Bill was asking about the accuracy of their show to the Biblcal accounts. They said they were accurate, but Bill was not convinced. I have to say, he was correct. Much was left out or changed and what was changed was either gratuitous violence inserted or silly changes that could have just as easily been done correctly. That was disappointing to me. If they can't do it right, it shouldn't be done.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by agazain
Originally Posted by nathanial

And, what's with the British accents? (King James, I know. Just like the Bible Jesus read...)

Watched the producers on Glenn Beck few days ago. They said that since this will go world wide they wanted to use actors from all ethnic backgrounds, even joked about the accents.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
wow.....you've either missed out on a lot of good books or a lot of good movies.

Both--but mostly it'd be the movies I'm not hip on. I find that at times they are too powerful and the imagery takes away from my imagination of scenes.

For instance, I haven't watched "The Passion of the Christ" as I know that it would stunt my own imagining of what happened in the biblical account.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

For instance, I haven't watched "The Passion of the Christ" as I know that it would stunt my own imagining of what happened in the biblical account.

I'm always amazed by the reaction people have after watching "the Passion". No words can describe the pain and suffering Jesus endured that day. the movie does a pretty good job depicting the horror.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by Swampman700
I wish it were a little more accurate.

Based on the bible ?

You forget, add. Swampy was there.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

I'm always amazed by the reaction people have after watching "the Passion". No words can describe the pain and suffering Jesus endured that day. the movie does a pretty good job depicting the horror.

We bought the movie but although we've had it for about 6 months, the wife and I have not yet watched it. Still in the wrapper. One of these days we will but while I probably won't be too disturbed, yeah right, my wife is a very sensitive lady and shw worries about how she might be affected.
catch watch the Bible on TV. frown We canceled cable because of all the communist propaganda coming from the MSM. Told our local paper the Arizona Daily (RED) Star to stick their commie proaganda where the sun don't shine. The benefits? You cannot imagine just how more peaceful it is when we're at home. No more cussing at that kenyan usurper when his face shows up and I see him lying to WE THE PEOPLE. As far as I am concerned, we should color him gone. Long gone. mad
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by RJY66

They also left out the part where Lot offered up his daughters for the crowd to rape along with the daughters getting him drunk and having sex with him after they got away.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by add

Based on the bible ?

Correct....

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by add

Based on the bible ?

Correct....

Accurate according to who?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Bible.....

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Even if you believe the bible has not been changed over time and is accurate as first written there is interruption factor. Every believing individual has there own take on it and the different denominations range from meek to extremest.
So again, accurate according to who, you?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 72 invisible), 3,148 guests, and 1,377 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,244
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.