Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

I've seen you get all sentimental and teary eyed about a pretty little model 42, so don't try to tell me you're a pure slob. Just mostly.

and definitely a tire burner.

Hey Jack! I want a 42...but not a "pretty one"! You know I like .410's. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm both.

This.

I have some that are simply tools, some that have sentimental value, some made by true craftsman, some made with practices long-abandoned (viewed in today's world as too costly), and some that are collector grade. Only the last group doesn't get "shot", for what I hope are obvious reasons.

For just plain well made fireams, pre WWI is where it's at. Hand fitted, hand polished, hand checkered, hand engraved - they are marvels. Unhappily, metallurgy, and components -- powders, primers, and bullets -- of the day, leave these firearms lacking, when compared to the ballistic capabilities of their contemporary counterparts.

Can't imagine never enjoying the use of a firearm that was actually crafted. (there are a few modern exceptions - but normally, they are a custom firearm).

Can't imagine never enjoying the use of a firearm that's utilitaian in design, but posesses marvelous capabilities.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell
lol...see what I mean? You hang out with the tree huggers and I hang out with the tire burners.

Not exactly.
[Linked Image]

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by rattler
knees are shot, been known to trip.....i dont have safe queens cause any gun i take hunting much wont stay nice for long....i appreciate artistry but rather hunt with a tool that works well....

Who said anything about safe queens?
[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Never really cared what they look like just as long as the work properly.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BrentD
lol...see what I mean? You hang out with the tree huggers and I hang out with the tire burners.

Not exactly.
[Linked Image]

Personally, I'm not interested in newfangled technology that incrementally removes ever more shooter skill from the equation.

So that makes me a gun snob I suppose. I'm good with that.

So why the new fangled binoculars and why aren't you shooting a matchlock? confused Looks like a new fangled cartridge sgooter to me.

Oh by the way...nice use of taxpayers $$ using www.public.iastate.edu/~jessie/PPB/Africa%202006/Warthog.jpg to store your hunting pictures wink

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have both safe queens and hammered field pieces, some get treated kinder than others, I love them all.

I've been on numerous tire burning trips - what else you suppose to burn out in the middle of a treeless desert?

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Slob.

I use the dust cover on my AR to keep the grime in, not out.

I'm stealing that

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Recently, one of my friends profoundly announced that there are two types of "gun nuts"..."gun slobs and gun snobs". I personally care only about a weapons performance, and don't appreciate fancy stuff at all. That makes me a slob.

Which are you?

Probably not a good example of either. Picture tee shirt, shorts, birkenstocks, and a tied-down single action. Picture someone with a Larry the Cable Guy flannel shirt and a Sage fly rod. Picture a 1980 external frame Kelty pack and a Western Mountaineering sleeping bag.

I dance to the beat of my own harmonica if'n I do gotta say so myself.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by eh76
So why the new fangled binoculars and why aren't you shooting a matchlock? confused Looks like a new fangled cartridge sgooter to me.

Because I don't effing feel like it. Is that a problem for you?

Oh by the way...nice use of taxpayers $$ using www.public.iastate.edu/~jessie/PPB/Africa%202006/Warthog.jpg to store your hunting pictures wink

Glad that you approve. I don't suppose you work for free do you?

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by T LEE
While I appreciate finely made even fancy firearms, in my hands they soon become shooters however 'cause I won't own one I don't shoot the hell out of.

This is me, too.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Because I don't effing feel like it. Is that a problem for you?

Glad that you approve. I don't suppose you work for free do you?

just pointing out your hypocrisy liberal wink

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm all for modern technology, otherwise I'd not be able to see Brent's pics and he wouldn't be able to fly to far away places and pay money to kill critters.

Just like the old days.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
just pointing out your hypocrisy liberal wink

More like your jealousy. But that's okay, I'll manage.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm all for modern technology, otherwise I'd not be able to see Brent's pics and he wouldn't be able to fly to far away places and pay money to kill critters..

Technology does have it's advantages.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm all for modern technology, otherwise I'd not be able to see Brent's pics and he wouldn't be able to fly to far away places and pay money to kill critters.

Just like the old days.

You make it so very simple. LMFAO

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
So long as you can use some of it to look down your nose and fit your agenda I guess it does.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Pat, I don't like either of those terms since to me a gun slob is someone who doesn't hunt or shoot a lot and is not safe to be around when they are holding a gun. A gun snob is a self serving, self aggrandizing, smarter than thou David Petzal types, unlike John Wooters, jack OConner, and John Jobson.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I would say the two types are gun haters ranging to gun lovers, of which I am in the better, latter, smarter camp. grin

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I prefer to look at it as I am part of the Chevrolet set, rather than jet set.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

169 members (338rcm, 2UP, 160user, 300_savage, 44mc, 35, 14 invisible), 1,950 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,504
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.