Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S

Why are these kids not suspended?
The government encourages with awards, and teachers suspend
students who say bang, point a finger, or eat a pastry that looks like a gun.
Oh it's about safety, yeah sure! What B.S.!

[Linked Image]

The Examiner Link:
http://www.examiner.com/article/sch...lustrates-utter-hypocrisy-on-gun-imagery

The Department of Justice�s United States Attorney�s office in South Carolina is sponsoring a contest for elementary, middle and high school students in the state to design �gun safety� logos in its �Project Sentry� program. The deadline for entries in this, the tenth annual observance of the contest, is April 5.

�Discuss with your students the goal of the contest -- to prevent gun violence in your school by educating fellow students about the dangers of gun violence,� the rules page advises teachers, confirming that entries are to be prepared under the encouragement and guidance of the schools.

Indeed, the contest winners page credits participating schools along with the students who created the designs, which feature all kinds of depictions of guns and even fatal violence.
"Schools continue brainwashing students to be anti-gun."
Student Suspended for Picture of Gun,

But here�s the hypocrisy: Students are encouraged to depict guns if it is useful to an anti-gun agenda being promoted by the government. But if a student simply draws a gun, has a gun photo on a laptop, has a gun-shaped piece of paper, wears an �offensive� t-shirt or even points a finger, they�re likely to run afoul of the school�s �zero tolerance� policy and find themselves suspended. That makes actually having a toy gun extra-double bad. And if bubbles are involved, the �adults� in charge may just brand your five-year-old a �terrorist threat.�

The blatant hypocrisy of encouraging gun depictions when they support a disarmament agenda while �free agents� get persecuted should hardly be surprising -- after all, the contest is being sponsored by a �Justice� Department currying favor from a top guy who has made no secret of his desire to �brainwash� (his words) people on guns -- and who is more susceptible than young people trusting adults to teach them?

The contest spurs a desire to monkeywrench the entire evil little enterprise, perhaps encourage readers to fake an entry form and enter their own designs in an Alinsky Rule 5 protest, but perhaps something more fruitful would be for pro-freedom parents of children in South Carolina schools to take the initiative to encourage their youngsters to enter the contest with logos that depict real gun safety -- not the avoidance, ignorance, hysteria and Pavlovian hoplophobic reflexes the indoctrinators are trying to instill, but something that encourages and celebrates safe, responsible and educated gun ownership starting at a young age, like what was once the accepted norm in this country in the days before mass school shootings.

Think they�d allow those entries?

Or would that work against their grand designs?
------

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That picture is on the Brooklyn Bridge, why is it in a SC School Project?

NRA Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
my guns aren't violent. where are all these violent guns I keep hearing about?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Even my 11 year old knows if you don't want a dog to [bleep] on the floor, you don't talk to the [bleep], or the floor, you talk to the damn dog.

These kids should have pictures of criminals on their posters.

They can start with Eric Holder....

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

Mine must be,...they seem to beat the schat out of each other in the gun safe.... laugh

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
If you have kids in public school you better go into overdrive with the truth from home. What the kids get in government controlled schools get is what the government wants to plant in their heads, which is mostly toxic propaganda these days.

Don't let them indoctrinate an entire generation. If they succeed ..........well, nuff said.

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"........P.J. O'Rourke
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
If you have kids in public school you better go into overdrive with the truth from home. What the kids get in government controlled schools get is what the government wants to plant in their heads, which is mostly toxic propaganda these days.

Don't let them indoctrinate an entire generation. If they succeed ..........well, nuff said.

good advice,...just about a generation or two to late....

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834

good advice,...just about a generation or two to late....

I know it's late in the 4th quarter and our team is in trouble but I'm still trying.

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"........P.J. O'Rourke
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I would think because The Examiner could not find a 'poster child' carrying a sign with a pastry shaped like a gun .

Edit: Thought too add this, the first thing thought of when seeing that bridge, a corrugated steel and concrete dip tank my Dad had back in the '50s, we run the hogs and cattle though too disinfect them of 'vermin'.

Call it 'gun safety' program or a birthday party I don't care what it is called, when you suspend a child who's creative effort was executed on pastry and suspended vs. a child with a picture of a real gun who is encouraged by government and school officials with reward, then you have a blatant hypocrisy problem.

If you don't see the hypocrisy here, then maybe G. Soros can explain too you how he worked it for profit when he was a child.

In short: The teacher responded to the pastry as fascist police agent because she/he could.

Last edited by slopshot1; 03/05/13.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE
Even my 11 year old knows if you don't want a dog to [bleep] on the floor, you don't talk to the [bleep], or the floor, you talk to the damn dog.

These kids should have pictures of criminals on their posters.

They can start with Eric Holder....

well, right off the bat, showing blacks as criminals would be racist. Right?

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

Mine must be,...they seem to beat the schat out of each other in the gun safe.... laugh

mine too, but they always stop when I open the door so I've never caught them at it

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by slopshot1
....and teachers suspend
students who say bang, point a finger, or eat a pastry that looks like a gun.

I agree, double standard and mostly BS. HOwever, to be fair, teachers dont suspend kids.

Teachers refer kids to the administration and the admin suspends them (or not).

Just sayin

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
So why is the picture of the glock photoshopped onto the poster? If you look at the bottom of the grip it looks like the image was layed on the "t" of "this".

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S

.....", teachers don't suspend kids."

You are right of course, school officials do. But someone reports to the officials. I also know there are teachers that are good educators.

The interview with the little boy, he said. "......she (teacher, I assume) was really mad....,".

If in fact that 'really mad' did happen, that is no way to mentor a 7 yr. old, boy or girl.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Where did the little wetback come from that is carrying the sign? Well, trained little illegal already!

Last edited by Darrel; 03/05/13.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (358wsm, 338Rules, 10gaugemag, 257wthbylover, 907brass, 18 invisible), 2,218 guests, and 914 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,677
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.