Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Have this very old 38 Iver Johnson 5 shot POS. Several times over the
years I was going to throw it out but never did. Well the local do-gooder
people are having a gun buy back. I'm thinking of selling it to them.

Any comments ?

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would sooner throw it away then to be part of that political disaster.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hotload

Any comments ?

I have two words.

[bleep] those gun buy-back [bleep].

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Hotload:

You can never have too many .38 revolvers. Load up your Iver Johnson, and tuck it away in the garage, in a tool box, in the outhouse - wherever.

Even if you never shoot it again at the range, you might need to shoot something on the spur of the moment, one day.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Any comments ?

If it works, POS or not, put it aside with some shells.

The only way I'd sell a gun to a buy-back is if I got enough money out of it to upgrade. As others have said, [bleep] 'em.

I really don't want my gun adding to the numbers making it appear to them as if they were "more successful." Don't give them momentum.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
IC B2

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
These are .38 S&W not Special....dump it...and get a good gift card to Walmart and buy ammo when it is available...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I would never support a gun buy back program. But if you like making deals with the devil have at it. But don't come back on here crying how your gun rights are being taken away.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JJHACK
I would sooner throw it away then to be part of that political disaster.

this

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's more than two...but I like the sentiment.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Please do not encourage these idiots. If you sell them a gun, they will think they have accomplished something and keep doing it. If no one shows up EVER, they will simply stop organizing them.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TheDude
Please do not encourage these idiots. If you sell them a gun, they will think they have accomplished something....

I almost went to one of these but work interfered, I and a Gunshow buddy were going to walk the line of folks and see if there was anything we were interested in, if there was we would have offered more than the Gungrabbers. Still want to try it but they hardly ever have them here, that one was about 12? years ago.

I don't really know, but think a lot of the folks giving guns up are Widows with some gun their significant other left behind and they have no one to pass it along to and may be scared of/not comfortable with guns... We would probably all cringe beyond belief if We had any idea how many Pre-64 Model 70's, Colt Woodsman's, Take your pick of rare/beautiful classic guns, some probably in pristine condition that are cut up by these idiots. So if anyone does go to one of these let us know what you see... on second thought DON'T!

jerry.

Last edited by jerrywoodswalker; 03/08/13.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Please do not encourage these idiots. If you sell them a gun, they will think they have accomplished something and keep doing it. If no one shows up EVER, they will simply stop organizing them.

That!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Any comments ?
Does the gun actually work, and what do you need to get for it if it does?

Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Hotload:

You can never have too many .38 revolvers. Load up your Iver Johnson, and tuck it away in the garage, in a tool box, in the outhouse - wherever.

Even if you never shoot it again at the range, you might need to shoot something on the spur of the moment, one day.

The gun buy back is a week from now, so I will think about this.
AND...I have several other handguns grin It's not like I'm selling my pre-lock M29.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RJM
These are .38 S&W not Special....dump it...and get a good gift card to Walmart and buy ammo when it is available...

Bob

Bob - It is not 38 special...something shorter than that.

Also - they are paying CASH !!!

Lastly , should be enought $ to get a box 44MAG, a case of beer laugh and some change.

Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I would never support a gun buy back program. But if you like making deals with the devil have at it. But don't come back on here crying how your gun rights are being taken away.

....deals with the devil....LOL...It's not like Obama is going to be there.

The devil is getting a rusty piece of shiitt and I get several box of 44MAG.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What if they're willing to give you a hundred bucks for a POS that's not worth half that? Maybe you're doing a public service getting them to spend money on trash instead of some ad on TV advocating gun control or paying off some Congressman to vote their way on the next gun grab legislation.

Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
What if they're willing to give you a hundred bucks for a POS that's not worth half that? Maybe you're doing a public service getting them to spend money on trash instead of some ad on TV advocating gun control or paying off some Congressman to vote their way on the next gun grab legislation.

+1
Yes, exactly.

Ethan - the gun is not worth $10. In the long run, they are upgrading my gun and ammo locker. The joke is on them.

Was Ethan Edwards the name John Wayne used in..... confused.. I'll need google to look it up.

Last edited by Hotload; 03/08/13.

Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KevinGibson

Any comments ?
Does the gun actually work, and what do you need to get for it if it does?

Hi Kevin - No ...the gun does not work.
If someone could find parts for a 100 year old Iver Johnson,
and paid a smith a big pile of $$$, and if they then put it on GB
it still would only bring $30 on a good day.

Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
Please do not encourage these idiots. If you sell them a gun, they will think they have accomplished something....

I almost went to one of these but work interfered, I and a Gunshow buddy were going to walk the line of folks and see if there was anything we were interested in, if there was we would have offered more than the Gungrabbers. Still want to try it but they hardly ever have them here, that one was about 12? years ago.

I don't really know, but think a lot of the folks giving guns up are Widows with some gun their significant other left behind and they have no one to pass it along to and may be scared of/not comfortable with guns... We would probably all cringe beyond belief if We had any idea how many Pre-64 Model 70's, Colt Woodsman's, Take your pick of rare/beautiful classic guns, some probably in pristine condition that are cut up by these idiots. So if anyone does go to one of these let us know what you see... on second thought DON'T!

jerry.

Now we are talking.... cool
I will go to the bank first and get some $, then while I'm waiting offer any other sellers with pre-64 M70 $200.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

277 members (303savage, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 270cowboy, 31 invisible), 1,222 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,847
Posts18,517,487
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.