-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
How much I enjoyed his books. I read them in order and the first one, once I started it, I read right on to the end. I could not stop reading. I loaned it to my neighbor and he said he did the same thing. The second is just as good but I am taking my time with it. Good job Rocky. I am disappointed (A Little) that he did not join in about my red headed sapsucker, since he is the only person that saw (or almost) one in Cambodia. grin miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I did the same think with Rocky's books. Smoked through the first one, and then regrettably, almost, did the same with the second. He is a talented story teller.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks, guys. I darn near missed this post; found it while looking for something else.

And I just now answered the bird thread, too. I was waiting for a photo of the alleged sapsucker before I opined.

You guys who have read Baggy Zero Four will chuckle at this. About once a week, I get an email that invariably reads something like, "You bastard. I started reading this in bed - and it's now four a.m."

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rocky writes VERY well!! However, I saw those insane bastards flying around like pissed off bees so the Rock has NOTHING at all to prove to me('ceptin' mebbe that he really IS sane) grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I might have to look these books up!!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You most definitely need to look those books up. They're a great read. I've read both of them twice. I blew through them too fast the first time around and savored them on the second.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

"You bastard. I started reading this in bed - and it's now four a.m."

Think you can add at least 5 more known to the above list.

Rocky, thought I might let you know. A fact: I know of two individuals I loaned the books too, that your books helped bring some kind of 'closure' for these individuals who were having difficulty related to the time and places you wrote about.

Visiting with one last Winter, He said something I hope too never forget, "You know, those books you loaned, made me realize just how many angels (his word) who I'll never know made my grandkids possible".

On the way home, made a decision. 'Puter generated and laminated 2 bookmarks with your book contact info, asking to leave the bookmarks within each book. Took them to the local VFW and asked them to pass them on.

Might have depleted some of your golf ball and bullet funding, and if so, apologize for that.

Not only were the books a great read for me, but they also resulted in something good for some of my old buddies.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You just made my week, sir. I'm deeply touched.

I've admitted this before, but writing those books is what got me out of my 20-year PTSD depression. True catharsis. And it heartens me every time I hear that they've helped some other sufferer.

Oh, and I don't mind the loss of income - which is shockingly small anyway. Loan them to anyone who you even imagine might be helped, or who might simply enjoy them. Please.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Rocky writes VERY well!! However, I saw those insane bastards flying around like pissed off bees so the Rock has NOTHING at all to prove to me('ceptin' mebbe that he really IS sane) grin

There it is ET!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EvilTwin

He is Jim....I've met him... a little crazy maybe.... but sane.... grin

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
'Nother big PLUS for Rocky's books.

Hard to put down. Am looking forward to re-reading them.

Was draftable in 1971 but wasn't called. (draft number too high) Sure had lots of buds and relitives in the war.

These books helped me "relate" a little more.

Thanks again Rocky!

Virgil B.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

259 members (257 mag, 10ring1, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 24 invisible), 1,720 guests, and 903 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,332
Posts18,505,946
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.