Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I placed an order with Grafs on 2/27. Initially the charge showed up, but after a couple days it was gone. My order still showed on their site. They put up a message stating that the billing might drop off, but would be rebilled at time of shipment, and to expect a 3-4 week delay. The site states that if it showed in stock at time of ordering, then the order would be valid.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have always been treated well by Geafs, super company to deal with!

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Would like to here from Alaskans about Graf shipping, ordered some Privi 9.3 bullets several years ago shipping was as much as the bullets with no disclosure. A lot of company's are lower 48 friendly but not Alaska friendly with regards to shipping.

Don,t mind that if they are up front about it but hate a $100 order and close to same amount for for shipping with no disclosure.

Which factored in my reluctance to get twice burned by the same company.

I use Graff and Sons quite often and always ask for the USPS Flat Rate which they are happy to comply with. They are always plesant. I remember one time that I was going to order some .50 BMG ammo on sale from them. They called me to inform me that the shipping was going to be very expensive. I agreed and canceled the order. I think they are a good outfit. John

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Grafs are in fact the good guys.

Pleasant to deal with, discounts for volume, matching lot numbers, special orders, you name it. They've treated me like GOLD, good times or bad....

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For those of you complaining about a lack of communication. Let's put it this way. All of the retailer's are behind/swamped/overwhelmed, etc. They have the office receptionists in the packing room trying to fill orders. If they responded to every little email and phone call they wouldn't get any of them filled. Be patient. 20 years ago you would have sent your order in filled out on a sheet of paper torn from the catalog with a signed check, then waited. And waited. And waited. Be thankful when your order arrives.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use Graffs St Charles store and the guys there are top shelf 100%

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Graf seems to be a month behind. It must be insanely busy and like most dealers, out of stock in primers and powders.
My order is being delivered tomorrow, I ordered a month ago.
No problem. Backlog everywhere.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Wonder when their primers and powder will be in stock? I just put a in stock order from midsouth and i had it in a week. I have been waiting 2 months for a back order from Graf's for powder/primers.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Graf & Son is my vendor of Last Resort.

Too many other vendors that still have some semblance of wholesale or discount pricing. Used to get some decent deals at Graf, but 4yrs ago they priced everything to Full Retail Cost unless you are FFL holder.

Have had several costly mistakes on the shipping end from them; one they made right, the other was a too-bad for you situation.

Pretty damn pathetic their situation on shippingthese days. Brownells sends stuff out the same day and their website has realtime inventor. Graf though is content to you run their shop chiseling customers for the last bit of their silver; evidently the Graf family don't have enough brains to realize they could be getting their customers to happily give them their gold... Just don't shake every last dime out of our pockets if we want to buy; "free shipping" or not.

We all know nothing is free. Better to have decent prices and let customer decide on the shipping. Oh well, don't matter anymore to me.

Been over 2yrs since bought anything from Grafh. MidSouth, Wideners, Midway-USA, Brownells/Sinclair, Brunos are better for gear & bullets. Natchez regularly has super-deals on powder & primers. MidSouth will even ship in small flat-rate priority boxes; nobody else does that..

Used to buy lots from Graf & Son. No more...

Last edited by hogan; 03/23/13.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

158 members (10gaugemag, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, 16 invisible), 1,633 guests, and 994 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,588
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.