Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The gist of this is that Iraq war veterans must be denied guns because they MIGHT have PTSD. mad

During a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun control Thursday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) shot down a proposed amendment to her �assault weapons� ban that would exempt military veterans from the gun ban. She also made some questionable claims.

Pushing a ban on high-capacity magazines, Feinstein argued that it is �legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines.�

Here�s her dubious rationale:

�The time has come, America, to step up and ban these weapons. The other very important part of this bill is to ban large capacity ammunition feeding devices, those that hold more than 10 rounds. We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it�s legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines. Limiting magazine capacity is critical because it is when a criminal, a drug dealer, a deranged individual has to pause to change magazines and reload that the police or brave bystanders have the opportunity to take that individual down.�

During the same hearing, she also argued that a military veteran could be mentally ill and suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), therefore should be prevented from buying the semi-automatic weapons that would be banned in her bill.

The California Democrat also made the bizarre claim that the �advent of PTSD� is a �new phenomenon� and a �product of the Iraq war.�

Here�s exactly what she said in context: �The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it�s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this.�

(H/T: Real Clear Politics)

Featured image via AP

[Linked Image]

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
She needs to find the Wizard of OZ and buy a brain ED K

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
She is a bonehead.No place to put a brain except maybe her purse.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A liberal Democrat at one of her finest moments and you have to rag on her! Oh, the shame! Oh, the shame that her plane hasn't crashed while hauling her azz back and forth from the land of fruits and nuts!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The vacuum between her ears has increased tremendously the last few years. I'm amazed that her head hasn't imploded yet.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Reading Feinstein and what she said, it would seem she also might be suffering from a type of PTSD.

Time for her too retire, along with some other of her peers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What an ignorant and low person. How could a woman of her age and experience not know that the horrors of combat conditions have psychologically injured many, many otherwise stable soldiers who served this country - injuries well-documented, going back at least as far as our Civil War. Yet, even though such wounds never fully heal in some cases, we have always depended on these same soldiers to be good family men, productive workers, stable law-abiding citizens, solid friends and neighbors, officers of the law and, often, combatants in subsequent wars. Did we ever not trust them, as a group, to own and carry semi-auto firearms and multi-round clips?

So, some shrinks have invented a new term - PTSD - which seems to mean nothing new. Just another abbreviation for the sometimes serious emotional injuries that many loyal and brave men have suffered while serving this country (and, now, maybe some women as well).

How low of this female politcal turd to throw around the psych term of the day in a way that disparages honored soldiers - and only to serve her crass political ends. The irony is that good men and women have fought and sacrificed - sometimes their lives - so that this low-life politician freely can spew her garbage. Maybe another example of the deadliest of women - PMS and ESP at the same time.

California - be proud.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by CCCC
What an ignorant and low person. How could a woman of her age and experience not know that the horrors of combat conditions have psychologically injured many, many otherwise stable soldiers who served this country - injuries well-documented, going back at least as far as our Civil War. Yet, even though such wounds never fully heal in some cases, we have always depended on these same soldiers to be good family men, productive workers, stable law-abiding citizens, solid friends and neighbors, officers of the law and, often, combatants in subsequent wars. Did we ever not trust them, as a group, to own and carry semi-auto firearms and multi-round clips?

So, some shrinks have invented a new term - PTSD - which seems to mean nothing new. Just another abbreviation for the sometimes serious emotional injuries that many loyal and brave men have suffered while serving this country (and, now, maybe some women as well).

How low of this female politcal turd to throw around the psych term of the day in a way that disparages honored soldiers - and only to serve her crass political ends. The irony is that good men and women have fought and sacrificed - sometimes their lives - so that this low-life politician freely can spew her garbage. Maybe another example of the deadliest of women - PMS and ESP at the same time.

California - be proud.

Don't hold back my friend, tell us how you really feel. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76
[Linked Image]

Har har!! laugh Stole it from ya and sent it on to some folks.

[Linked Image]
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You guys should be ashamed...I vividly remember her DEMANDING to be called SENATOR FEINSTEIN.

sick

How about BITCH...that suits her more.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ScottF: Don't hold back my friend, tell us how you really feel.
Well, Scott, sorry if I overdid that . She is repulsive to begin with, but her nasty political grandstanding on the backs of our veterans was just too much to take quietly. I would love to slap her into the middle of next month, but don't want to risk getting my hand so slimy.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We have the same opinion of her. She makes my stomach turn when I just see her name. She belongs locked away in a padded room where she cannot hurt herself or anyone else.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
You guys should be ashamed...I vividly remember her DEMANDING to be called SENATOR FEINSTEIN.

sick

How about BITCH...that suits her more.

It was our other senator, Barbara Boxer, that wanted to be called Senator instead of ma'am by an Air Force general. The Box is one of the stupidest creatures sent to DC by this state. She is also incredibly ineffective which is actually a plus when you think about it.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems that one would have to be very, very desperate - and being blind/deaf almost a neccesity.

Originally Posted by gonehuntin
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Limiting magazine capacity is critical because it is when a criminal, a drug dealer, a deranged individual has to pause to change magazines and reload that the police or brave bystanders have the opportunity to take that individual down.�

these type of people do not care if its banned illegal etc

this type of legislation infinges on the rights of the perfectly sane and responable people who want to protect themselves and their families -

what doesnt the beeitch understand about this !

-

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wouldn't [bleep] that Nazi Whore with your dick . It will make my day when the News announces her demise.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Just be glad the ineffective V.P. Joe Biden is the standard bearer for the Antigun nonsense. If Sen. Feinstien was in charged I'd be much more worried.

Whatever Sen. Reid is, he isn't a fool! He knows that pushing Gun Control will make the U.S. Senate a Republican majority. He does not want to lose out on being Senate Majority Leader.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by CCCC
Seems that one would have to be very, very desperate - and being blind/deaf almost a neccesity.

Not if I had AIDS and was on on last breath. eek

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,161 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,240
Posts18,504,551
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.