Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by NathanL
A friend of mine does nurses on the road where he works...

Nice gig if you can get it!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by huntsman22
So are we.

Laughin'...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
How about writting instead of boycotting

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
On the local 10PM news last night they reported that Specialty Sports, which is a very large gun shop in Colorado Springs, would move if the legislation passes.
Specialty Sports had planned to open 2 more stores in Colorado but now will look elsewhere.

Also, the Outdoor Channel will cancel plans to film 4 episodes in Colorado.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Alamosa
On the local 10PM news last night they reported that Specialty Sports, which is a very large gun shop in Colorado Springs, would move if the legislation passes.
Specialty Sports had planned to open 2 more stores in Colorado but now will look elsewhere.

Also, the Outdoor Channel will cancel plans to film 4 episodes in Colorado.

Very good!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hundreds of millions of dollars and thousands of jobs. Thank you communists.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

What station reported this? I missed it..........

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by campcreek66

It was James Jarmin - I'm pretty sure he is on KOAA.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Good idea it will make it easier to get those hard to draw tags. Go for it.

Lefty C

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

If true, it would be a tragic loss to Colorado, and especially the CS-Pueblo area. I've bought a lot of firearms from those folks- arguably the best-equipped firearms store in the state.

True or not, this assault on our firearms and the 2nd Amendment shouldn't be a call to 'boycott' the state- it should be a serious wakeup call to all gun owners, wherever they may reside. It's not over yet- midterm elections are not two years away.
The gun owners of this state have put up a spirited defense of their rights. With a liberal house and senate, it was an extreme uphill battle. My hope is that there are enough Democrats who are also gun owners, who blindly voted for these gun-grabber politicians, who will now wake up and vote to protect their rights.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I agree with Bighorn. By all means, boycott the hell out of Denver and Boulder. But a state wide boycott will hurt a lot of people who are our friends and need our help.

I own some property in Custer County, CO, and hope to retire there some day. It's for the most part made up of good folks. In a recent townhall meeting the sheriff told the residents there that he had more important things to do than "counting bullets". In other words, he had no plans to enforce new gun regulations.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
Good idea it will make it easier to get those hard to draw tags. Go for it.

Lefty C

hunting will be next on the chopping block...trapping has been..just wait and see

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bighorn

If true, it would be a tragic loss to Colorado, and especially the CS-Pueblo area. I've bought a lot of firearms from those folks- arguably the best-equipped firearms store in the state.

True or not, this assault on our firearms and the 2nd Amendment shouldn't be a call to 'boycott' the state- it should be a serious wakeup call to all gun owners, wherever they may reside. It's not over yet- midterm elections are not two years away.
The gun owners of this state have put up a spirited defense of their rights. With a liberal house and senate, it was an extreme uphill battle. My hope is that there are enough Democrats who are also gun owners, who blindly voted for these gun-grabber politicians, who will now wake up and vote to protect their rights.

you mean like they woke up in the last national election? the only way to wake up a libtard is to hit them where it hurts...in the wallet. when the infrastructure fails they might wake up but will probably be to high off pot to notice....nope I am boycotting CO

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
James Jarmin is on ch 13, KRDO.

I'd sure boycott Co if I didn't live here and I encourage anyone that does not to boycott and send a letter to the gov. that you are doing so.He has not signed any of the laws yet.

Specialty Sports has already started the process to move.

The Shootin Den will then be the only gun shop in Colo Sprgs besides the big box stores.

Last edited by saddlesore; 03/09/13.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
It will certainly have a hand in chosing an outfitter for future Western Hunts.

NB

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by saddlesore
James Jarmin is on ch 13, KRDO.

I'd sure boycott Co if I didn't live here and I encourage anyone that does not to boycott and send a letter to the gov. that you are doing so.He has not signed any of the laws yet.

Specialty Sports has already started the process to move.

The Shootin Den will then be the only gun shop in Colo Sprgs besides the big box stores.

I think it is a near-certainty that the remaining 5 bills will be voted into law next week, with Hickenlooper's signature a final formality.

Big loss for all of us when they leave,saddlesore, that's for sure.

Not sure how a few hunters and sportsmen 'boycotting' our state is going to make a difference with our liberal anti-gun legislators, when the threat of businesses such as Magpul leaving the state had no apparent effect on them whatsoever- but if it makes folks feel better about things, then I guess they should stay away.

Maybe we should agree on some reciprocity- if folks in other states have gun-control laws passed on them, we will agree to stay out of each other's states, and all just go to Texas to hunt.....

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gwindrider1
In light of the assualt on our 2nd Ammendment rights by liberal legislators in Colorado who are ignoring the will of the citizens, I propose that every sportsman boycott the state.

It seems that the only thing that will get these people's attention is to hit them in the state's pocketbook.

What are your opinions on this subject?

Boycott on!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most liberals that I know personally are subjective in their thinking, not objective. They are touchy-feely sorts who decry "bullying" in the traditional sense, but are such ignorant hypocrites that they don't realize they do it in other ways. To this end, unless the boycotts affect them financially and unless the affect is very easily discerned as to where it is coming from, they'll go happily on their merry way, hating the whole gun culture and blaming it for all society's ills. "Gun culture" and "WASP male" being interchangeable terms. IOW you have to hit them hard in their wallet and make it plain where the hit came from. Very plain.

I'm not that familiar with Colorado, but in the whole country you have so many wishy-washy dickweasels who are gun owners yet consistently vote against guns in elections and are always with the bad guys because their hunting or collecting won't be affected. These folks will only respond positively to boycotts if they can see a direct correlation.

Personally, I won't be buying any more Magpul stuff until they make good on their promise to move out of the state. Easy enough for me to not drink any more Coors since I don't like their crap beer anyway.

Oklahoma, Wyoming and some other states are leading the way in state legislation and also voting. These are where our money should be going. By my count, ten states voted 60% or better for Romney. Of course there may be some difference between their vote in that election and their overall politics especially state-wise where guns are concerned. Overall though, I think a 60% Romney vote is a pretty good indicator of where guns are welcome and where our money should go as opposed to anti-gun states. No offense to good pro-gunners in the anti-gun states. Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kentucky, West Virginia, and Alabama all voted at least 60% against Obama. If you round the percentages, you can throw in Tennessee as well. Coincidentally, throw Tennessee in and they are all contiguous with a sea port.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Big plus 1 on this.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would love to see Specialty Sports move closer to Georgia. That store is one I always visit when I go to Colorado Springs.

What about Paradise Sales? Are they still around? They were a small gun shop full of older firearms and they always seemed to have something I really needed.

I really hate to see what is happening in CO. It is a great state with a lot of good people. I think a few e-mails are in order. I doubt that they will have any effect, but it will make me feel better.

Harry
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (10gaugemag, 35, akrange, 11 invisible), 1,508 guests, and 835 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,627
Posts18,492,938
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.