OP Offline
Campfire Member
S

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Thanks for posting that link again.

It always brings a tear to my eye because my Blue Heeler, Tina, started to become blnd when she was about 13 years old also. The vet assured me I wasn't being mean by keeping her alive and in the fall and early winter she always became fat and sleek from all the wild game bones and scraps. Finally a few months after her 15th birthday she started to get more disoriented and I had to put her down.

She was the one great dog everyone dreams about having and I just couldn't let myself get totally involved with another dog after that. I enjoyed my Wife's Border Collie but never could let myself get as close to her as I was to Tina, who was almost like a daughter I never had.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My two are sleeping at my feet as I type. 3y/o female and 5y/o male. She's definately more of a "watch dog" than he is. Don't know how she does it, but she'll get up in the middle of the night and wake me up and go sit by the back door. dang if there isn't always a coon/cat/possom by the chicken house every time she does that. Great security system for the trailer at a rodeo. My boss has been on their recieving end twice. You'd think he'd learn not to just fling the LQ door open......

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
[Linked Image]

Mrs. Tide with her heeler, Sadie Sue. You can just tell in the photo that Sadie's left eye is filled with blood. We ended up having to have it removed. She is somewhere in the neighborhood of 13 years old. She's old and slightly cantankerous, but I dread the day when that dog leaves here. I'll have to have my wife committed.

Here she is sporting the one eyed look:
[Linked Image]

Tide Jr. wanted a heeler of his own, so we picked up Daisy May about 2 years ago in August. She looks like Sadie's twin these days.
[Linked Image]

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
good looking dogs tide. ur wife has a very pretty smile.

i've had reds and blues most of my life. some of the best dogs in the world. i'll get another when we move out of town, just ain't fair to leave them dogs cooped up in a yard

FJB
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 222ND, 47 invisible), 2,135 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,236
Posts18,504,472
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.