Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sgtsmmiii
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Your question of why this happened was self answered when you said you had recently become a federal employee. There are flags all over your name. Unfortunately those flags are not indicated as to why you were flagged. And now will have to be checked out.
This has been my experience dealing with Feds and people with high security clearances ( that you would think would allow them to waltz right thru NICS ).
Bullshit. Where in the f*ck do you dumbf*cks come up with these f*cking dickhead "reasons?" Is this another of those pathological needs to be in the conversation, so you dumbasses just begin pontificating on whatever gasbag horseshit pops into your heads? Jesus-f*cking-Christ, sometimes it's really better to shut-the-f*ck-up.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Actually I had a secret clearance and got a delay too right after I got out of the army. So there you go.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Originally Posted by cal74
Originally Posted by firemanmark
If your record is as you state

It is and again I now hold a fairly upper level management position with the USDA that entailed a fairly detailed security background check.

Not worried about it not clearing, just the inconvenience of it. Couple months ago I would have just ran over and picked it up another day after or during work. This new position has me constantly on the road, so it's a major pain in the a%% as I'll be gone for several weeks and than it's another hour round trip to a place I'd rather not go in the first place.

Wasn't trying to insinuate it wasn't just meant that if your records clean theres no reason to worry about not getting an eventual approval. Who knows what caused it.....things like computer delays crashes etc can cause this to happen especially with the number of checks being performed these days.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by conrad101st
Actually I had a secret clearance and got a delay too right after I got out of the army. So there you go.
"There you go" what? That doesn't prove [bleep]. You offered no pattern, no proof, just this f*cking ignorant-ass HORSESHIT of "I had a secret clearance and got a delay too right after I got out of the army." That carries about as much f*cking weight as saying "I bought a Happy Meal and I got a delay." Try again, [bleep].

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
That's nothin'.

I had a TS clearance, and I still have to pay for my reloading components.

It's bullschit!

grin

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
With the volume of stuff going through NICs nowadays. The 'instant' is probably just not as instant as it was.

JFC, chill.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Did you put down your SSN? I was getting delays all the time when my SSN was on the 4473. No SSN, no delays.

That's not true at all. I use mine and still get occasional delays. Some are approved in the "review" stage and others get a "proceed". There is no rhyme or reason other than maybe who is at the other end.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I had to wait 13 days in New Jersey for my NICS to come back!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by aalf
They won't give you a reason why you were delayed, that's reserved for denials.

Wi. gives no specials for CC holders either.

I've been denied and was given no reason.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I changed my cable package and got a delay.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Never had a delay.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The people that can't get a job at TSA go to work answering those calls.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bricktop
I changed my cable package and got a delay.

laugh

Kelly
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used to get delayed about 50% of the time I went through NICS.

Applied for and got my UPIN through the VAF in about 3-4 months.

It's better now but I've still been delayed twice since I got the UPIN. Both times for mere minutes though.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Given that I've got a Washington CCW and an FFL I'm exempt from NICS and the Washington background check and waiting period. Life is good. It could go south in a heartbeat though. Nothing lasts forever.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by conrad101st
"There you go" what? That doesn't prove [bleep]. You offered no pattern, no proof, just this f*cking ignorant-ass HORSESHIT of "I had a secret clearance and got a delay too right after I got out of the army." That carries about as much f*cking weight as saying "I bought a Happy Meal and I got a delay." Try again, [bleep].

My bitch Bricktop showing yall da truth again. We be making love jailhouse style to celebrate.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Kind of ironic the anti gun progressive dbag nsaqam, who campaigned for gun bans, and magazine bans, is denied a purchase of a gun.

Pretty dang funny.

Originally Posted by nsaqam
I used to get delayed about 50% of the time I went through NICS.

Applied for and got my UPIN through the VAF in about 3-4 months.

It's better now but I've still been delayed twice since I got the UPIN. Both times for mere minutes though.

Last edited by ribka; 03/11/13.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Your question of why this happened was self answered when you said you had recently become a federal employee. There are flags all over your name. Unfortunately those flags are not indicated as to why you were flagged. And now will have to be checked out.

This has been my experience dealing with Feds and people with high security clearances ( that you would think would allow them to waltz right thru NICS ).

Yes, this is most likely the reason, Bricktops bitchfit nonwithstanding. I had an FFL when I was in the Marine Corps and would get guns for a lot of my squadron mates. The guys with the TS/SCI clearances would get a "delayed" response from NICS just about every time, especially if they'd just updated their clearances which was required every five years. The background checks somehow end up flagging you in NICS and you get on the list. I just goes to show how dumb the system really is, somebody in there should be smart enough to figure this stuff out, but they evidently aren't.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Have gone through at least a dozen NICS checks with a TS/SCI clearance with zero delays.

The databases for NICS and repective agency clearances are not linked into some giant govt super computer. Or are they?

Last edited by ribka; 03/11/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Yes, this is most likely the reason, Bricktops bitchfit nonwithstanding. I had an FFL when I was in the Marine Corps and would get guns for a lot of my squadron mates. The guys with the TS/SCI clearances would get a "delayed" response from NICS just about every time, especially if they'd just updated their clearances which was required every five years. The background checks somehow end up flagging you in NICS and you get on the list. I just goes to show how dumb the system really is, somebody in there should be smart enough to figure this stuff out, but they evidently aren't.
Bull-f*cking-[bleep]. That's just a horseshit story you jackasses come up with to make yourselves feel more important than you really are. There's no mystery to any of this [bleep] and there sure as [bleep] ain't any pseudo-James Bond [bleep] either. What a f*cking clown.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 160user, 47 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,336
Posts18,526,767
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.