Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I have been hunting in Colorado for the last several years and due to the recent votes I will no longer send money their way. Colorado is not the only state that has elk. Or mountains. Anyone else feel the way I do?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I absolutely do. I will not be going back. 'Tis sad as I have many good friends there....

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Send this to the governor. Preaching to the choir here.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ol' Hick will send the same patronizing form letter he sent me.

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Thank you saddlesore, I just did. Not that he gives a rat's rump.

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I am stuck in Kolorado until I can find a new place to go. frown

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Firmly believe in voting w/ my wallet, and do so on a number of issues.

I also think that the $ made from selling/managing weed will > hunting losses.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bloodworks

send him one back with GFY

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by bloodworks

send him one back with GFY
I'm way ahead of you!;)

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The problem with boycotting CO hunting is that it hits the wrong people - the ones who greatly opposed these new laws. To be effective, we need to boycott CO businesses who supported them and let them know why we're boycotting. No, I don't know who they are.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The problem with boycotting CO hunting is that it hits the wrong people - the ones who greatly opposed these new laws. To be effective, we need to boycott CO businesses who supported them and let them know why we're boycotting. No, I don't know who they are.
Partly right - but consider the fact that these same people now will NOT be buyin' tags for animal hunts. That alone will cost CO (DNR? Fish and Game? Whatever) some real loss of revenue that they depend on to run their departments.

I agree though, that the better avenue traveled is the one where businesses that supported this crap will find their bottom line go from black to red...

Do it..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The problem with boycotting CO hunting is that it hits the wrong people - the ones who greatly opposed these new laws. .....

Boycotting Co will give a much stronger voice to those who opposed the new laws.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would never consider hunting in NY, CA, or IL due to my differences with populations and how those states are run. I'd have CO on the same list if I didn't live here at present.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The problem with boycotting CO hunting is that it hits the wrong people - the ones who greatly opposed these new laws.

Well, I guess that they just didn't work hard enough to elect the right people. I'm thinking that the problem in Colorado, just as in the state that I live in, is that there are too many people that have "escaped" from Kalifonia and then are determined to turn their new "home state" into Kalifornia. When I lived in Colorado in the mid '70s we didn't have such problems. My friends and I were more concerned with the signs in the store and restaurant windows in Colorado Springs that said "No dogs or soldiers allowed."

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Unfortunately, Colorado, like a lot of other states are controlled by the geographically small but population wise huge urban areas. If you break the US down by county, rather than by state, 90% of the US is conservative[geographically]. Unfortunately, the other 10% is where a bigger majority of the voting public resides. frown

But, I must agree, I'll spend no money in CO., anymore.

maddog

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I highly encourage all non-resident hunters to boycott Colorado. Maybe then the deer and antelope preference points I've accumulated up there over the last 15 years will do me some good. smirk

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Besides the out of staters that move here and wanting to make CO like the state they hated and moved from,there is a LARGE contingent of illegal aliens and legal hispanics that vote straight democrat because the dems promise to give them all this free stuff. Also true of a large population of blacks in Denver

Last edited by saddlesore; 03/13/13.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Most people wouldn't believe the number of wetbacks in CO. Our town had to add onto the jail because there were so many getting arrested for all sorts of crimes. They come to CO and piss all over it like it is their amusement park. Then the state pays for them to poop out kids, pays their medical, and is rewarded with a democrat voter for life.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yep, as much as I'd like to think otherwise, I think the election here in 2014 will be a real nailbiter. I'd really like to think the dems have overreached and will pay for it for decades. But I believe they have outbred us, and indoctornated our childern in college.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We have that same disease in Mn, we call it Minniapolis/St Paul.

Something clever here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

374 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 47 invisible), 3,252 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,639
Posts18,533,591
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.