Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
maddog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
For you boys in the know, did Ruger, at anytime ever release a rimfire[specifically .22] in the No. 1 Configuration?

maddog

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Mike I am inclined to say no...but usually when I say " they never made those" somebody shows me one grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'm certain that Ruger never produced a No. 1 in .22 rf. If they did it would have been a big deal, and gotten a lot of attention.

There was a gunsmith in PA who specialized in such conversions. I can't remember his name.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
no

Conversions made on No.1 centerfire rifles are around. Anyone capable of rifle work can do such. Fairly laborious in nature, but in my own case, my version has become a favorite............feels like a rifle.

You might note that if so interested in a conversion, that there are several methods for doing such. Some are more laborious than others, so you might research to be in the know of methodologies before handing over the donor rifle.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I also am aware of no factory Ruger .22 rimfires. The only one I have seen a photo of was a smaller scale rifle built from scratch by a hobbyist.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If they ever do a 1V in 22 LR, I will be first in line.

1Minute
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Change the linkage ...to make the firing pin/breech block close so that the alignment is (***if memory serves...or does not serve...) .110" lower than the CF closed (concentric to bore) position.

Fit barrel, chamber. You need to make an extractor to reach the rim. That is about it, copy the factory taper, fit the rib and band front sight.

***Where did I put those LR proof loads?

Watch 'Yer Topknot!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by maddog
For you boys in the know, did Ruger, at anytime ever release a rimfire[specifically .22] in the No. 1 Configuration?

maddog
Why? Thread after thread on 24HCF is about the quest for lighter rifles and innumerable threads pissing and moaning about the "weight" of Ruger integral rings, yet I fail to follow the "logic" in an 8-lb.+ up-sized .22 rimfire.

And someone wants a 1V in a .22 rimfire? Jesus Christ. confused

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
That's part of the fun of reading about Ruger #1s. Somebody out there wants one of just about anything you can dream up! crazy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WITUfan
That's part of the fun of reading about Ruger #1s. Somebody out there wants one of just about anything you can dream up! crazy
Since when is an 8-plus-pound .22 rimfire "fun?" That's just f*cking stupid. There's already a very limited market for No. 1s or maybe it went way the f*ck over your head that Ruger decided to all but discontinue the No. 1. Creating an even more niche-oriented version doesn't improve things.

IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by 1minute
If they ever do a 1V in 22 LR, I will be first in line.

yowza! that would be a heavy sumbeech

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I didn't mean that I think that rifle would be fun to have or that Ruger should make one. I meant it is fun for me (makes me smile and occasionally chuckle) at the outlandish variations folks post on here they would like to see in the #1 line. I am aware that Ruger's intention to only make a few calibers a year is NOT a good thing for those of us who happen to like these rifles.

I also suspect the trend toward things like "zombie guns" and the general black gun craze has more to do with Ruger's decision than a bunch of guys on the internet saying they want a #1V in .22 LR or that they really wish Ruger would make a I-A in .357 magnum.

It does seem to me that Ruger could make some kind of standard #1 (probably not the 1B) in plain vanilla chamberings and there would be a market, just as there is for limited runs in more unusual variations. But perhaps not, I certainly can't claim to understand the firearms market in that level of detail.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
they made an 1 a in 357 for the cal. highway patrol once.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
If my memory serves, I saw a 1B in .357 magnum at a gun show several years ago. The guy wanted a fortune and claimed it was a very rare chambering. I suppose that was a pretty rare chambering. smile

C
ctw Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Why did Dakota make a bolt 22lr? Tis the same reason.

What you have done is not nearly as important as how you have done it!!!
The Old Fart 2008 A.D.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If my memory serves, I saw a 1B in .357 magnum at a gun show several years ago. The guy wanted a fortune and claimed it was a very rare chambering. I suppose that was a pretty rare chambering. smile
We've discussed .357 Magnum-chambered No. 1s before -- quite a bit. Uncommon, but not rare.

Gun shows and gun show prices are nothing but the cess pools of the firearms world.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ctw
Why did Dakota make a bolt 22lr? Tis the same reason.
"Tis?" Who in the hell are you? A f*cking unemployed Hallmark card writer? I wouldn't use any of Dakota's horseshit ideas and generally boneheaded moves as any sort of benchmark or gold standard for anything other than to serve as an example of how NOT to operate a firearms manufacturer.

If that was your "reasonable justification," try again.

C
ctw Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
YEP U bit! I think you asked why in reality why not. Stop being a Jack ASS.

The Old Fart 2008 A.D.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ctw
YEP U bit! I think you asked why in reality why not. Stop being a Jack ASS.
Yep, you can't articulate a f*cking point. Dumbass.

The reality is why in the f*ck would any firearms manufacturer waste their time and resources making an 8-plus-pound .22 rimfire single shot that would be of interest to a dozen or so internet nerds. Like you.

The last I knew -- and I think this is their end goal -- Ruger endeavored to turn a profit on things they produce and sell. Some kind of bullshit about "fiduciary responsibility" to shareholders or something. At least I think that's how it's supposed to work. Tooling up to make an 8-pound-plus .22 rimfire single shot rifle doesn't offer a great deal of return on the investment, dick nose.

C
ctw Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Point is it all does not have to make sense to BRick top. Enough said.

The Old Fart 2008 A.D.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ctw
Point is it all does not have to make sense to BRick top. Enough said.
Things still went WAYYYYYYY the f*ck over your head.

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Heavy .22s have been used for decades in competitions and in training starting bench shooters. The Martini Enfields, BSAs are still actively traded and sought. US made heavy models with decent iron sights -- ditto. The 1B in 22 LR -- like my .22 Hornet --makes an excellent practice rifle for instilling and sharpening muscle memory for hunting bigger game w/ransoming the farm for ammo.

Bricktop, your psychotic babble aside, you do not know what you are talking about on this one.

Your friend,
1B

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by domit

Yup. I have one. grin cool
Anybody know what it's worth?
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1B
I don't know a hell of a lot about any of this, but I enjoy getting in the mix anyway.

Your friend,
1B
Yes, I can tell by the constant dumbass drivel that I'm amongst the most serious competitors in this august forum.

Yes, you f*ckers want a rimfire No. 1 because you're all going to hit the competition circuit and kick some ass. More like licking each others' asses every time you give each other a reach-around for every stupid idea you birth.

I read all of the ignorant-ass BULLSHIT that gets posted by the same group of usual suspects and their minions and I realize that most of you f*ckos don't have enough sense to pour piss out of a boot without the instructions written on the heel.

The Browning BPCR thread being a great example of the clueless bullshit at which you've all become so adept.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Gee. We're all supposed to bow down and repent because some of us like something, say like a Ruger #1 in 22 LR just might be a cool idea. Bricktop doesn't approve. WOW! Whoopee and hood de [bleep] do.
Note to Bricktop. I don't give a damn whether you approve or go fly a kite. I collect and hunt with Ruger #1 rifles in their various form and I don't give a damn if you approve or not.
Why don't you just go home and tell your mother she's calling you?
Paul B.
PS: I really would like something like the #1A configuration in either .22LR or .22 WRM. Would actually like to have both.
PB

Last edited by PJGunner; 03/14/13.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Gee. We're all supposed to bow down and repent because some of us like something, say like a Ruger #1 in 22 LR just might be a cool idea.
Tell me what's "cool" about an 8-plus-pound .22 rimfire, [bleep]. I suspect you're like one of the many other self-absorbed internet nerds who feel any horseshit idea you have is "cool" simply because you've found an outlet to express it and half-a-dozen other dickheads electronically connected and like-minded.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tell me what's "cool" about an 8-plus-pound .22 rimfire, [bleep].

I don't give a rat's behind what's cool. Never been much of a sheep, and I just want one. That's the justification I've used to acquire about 80% of my stable. I already have about a 9 lb Anschutz, and I really really would like to have a similar factory Ruger. Sadly, I don't have the gear to mill one out on my own.

1Minute
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Tell you what Bricktop, how would you like to call me [bleep] to my face. This you're bad enough to Take on a 74 year old fat man? I highly doubt it.
You don't like something,? That's fine. Be awful damn boring if all we had to talk about a a 22LR, 30-06 and a 12 ga. shotgun. Hell, you probably would not approve of the either.
Paul B.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tell you what Bricktop, how would you like to call me [bleep] to my face. This you're bad enough to Take on a 74 year old fat man? I highly doubt it.
I'd enjoy it, you fat bastard. Of course stress and hypertension will likely get your fat ass as soon as you sight me.

I don't quite understand the rationale or mentality of someone who needs to issue a physical challenge on the internet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've owned one Ruger No.1 in 22lr. I bought it off of GB for a grand. no one else bid on it. Beautiful rifle, but as BT says kinda heavy for a .22 rimfire. It was built by a 'smith in Pennsylvania (don't remember the name). The only "issue" with it was the "B" model forend. I would have used the AH forend.I sold it in a moment of brain death.........the rifle was not cool......it was outstanding. cool

Last edited by John_Boy; 04/08/13.

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by domit

Yup. I have one. grin cool
Anybody know what it's worth?
Paul B.

They made 1820 of these rifles, I have owned two. A shop in CA about 2 years ago had 3 for sale at the same time.

I have seen them sell for around $900-$1000 over the last couple of years. Every once in a while, one comes up on GB for $1500 etc., because the owner thinks he has a "rare" one, but I haven't seen one sell for more than a grand.

I have also seen some .357's without the rollmark CHP etc. I believe you could get one in an "A" configuration without the California Highway Patrol if you wanted. Probably some end of run guns also.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's one of the CHP's on GB right now. It has been bid up just under a grand. The non-CHP over-runs seems to bring a couple hundred more, depending on condition

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Since when is an 8-plus-pound .22 rimfire "fun?" That's just f*cking stupid. There's already a very limited market for No. 1s or maybe it went way the f*ck over your head that Ruger decided to all but discontinue the No. 1. Creating an even more niche-oriented version doesn't improve things.

Sure am glad to find on this fine Sunday that you are the one that decides what everyone should like, own or want.

Thats one less _()*&)_(*^& thing I have to worry about today.

Now I gotta figure out how to ship a gun......

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Freedumb1, it may be that I just found the right buyer. Mine sold for $1500 (that is in the 22lr, not the CHP).......needless to say i was very happy.

Last edited by John_Boy; 04/28/13.

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by John_Boy
Freedumb1, it may be that I just found the right buyer. Mine sold for $1500 (that is in the 22lr, not the CHP).......needless to say i was very happy.

If yours was a .22 LR, then it was a custom no doubt.

The CHP's were .357 Mag's.

I can only imagine what the cost of the gunsmithing to convert a No.1 to a rimfire .22 LR.

For someone who wanted a .22 LR in a Number 1, I'm sure the $1,500 was a steal.

Congrat's

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I have done Ruger No.1 conversions using the lifting arm method and the moving the firing pin within the breechblock method. I much prefer the latter method, mainly for cosmetics of the breechblock in the action, I think the lifting arm method makes the breechblock sit too low for my eyes. Just a simple opinion.

If one wishes a No.1B look, the replacement of the barrel with a typical #4 tapered barrel will suffice. Taking about 3/8" off the back of the barrel will allow a hairline fit of the new blank to the No.1B forearm without wood mods. Of course, each forearm is different slightly as is the depth of the action face to the breechblock face; so one has to precisely measure things up and work accordingly.

A typical 4140 type chrome moly barrel blank is about 200 dollars handed to you. If you count the labor to mount the new barrel and blue it, you have about another 300 in that labor. Any above that is pretty much gravy in my opinion.

Most barrel blank makers will provide any factory barrel contour gratis anymore, most if not all factory contours are already in their data bases for their contouring machines.

I prefer the new aftermarket blank by a name maker, but have seen some sleeving done that was very nice on a factory barrel. Seems to appeal to those liking factory looks as per marking etc. It takes some developed skill to make the rifled sleeve invisible in the factory barrel.

The 300 dollars of labor would typically include the chambering, threading, clocking of ejector recesses, drilling 4x holes for the rib, crowning, marking as to caliber, and a slow rust blue of the barrel(I use 6 coats on a 400 grit surface).

I would suggest some research for a chamber reamer for the 22lr that meets your desires. A Bentz is used for target auto pistols, but does a nice job in the conversion of the No.1. Of course, one could run the Bentz in short and machine the rim recess separately, but really with the multitude of reamers for the 22lr available now, it is just a matter of reamer selection that meets your desires.

I think that the two most challenging tasks of the conversion are the new longer hook on the ejector and the moving of the firing pin within the breechblock with a stepped bushing technique. Using a little larger bushing on the oem firing pin allows for minute movements of the hit on the rim if you mismeasure slightly, ie offset bushing. Not a big deal for anyone with a set of machines.

Pretty easy to find a donor No.1 for the project now, and then add in the barrel blank and labor(500 total). You can pay more for components and labor but probably will not be any better.

This conversion is a full sized, full weight rifle. Some like that type of rifle, some prefer lighter rifles. It is all in the tastes of the particular owner.

I was somewhat pessimistic about doing the conversion, I started with the lifting arm method and then realized how much better the breechblock machining was to my eyes and needs. I have to say, that the conversion has become a favorite of mine, probably will never be reconverted back to centerfire anytime soon. I am a proponent of the movement of the firing pin technique within the breechblock now.

I have my eyes on the new 17 WSM rimfire, probably will make one up in a No.1 just to have had the experience once.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ruger #1 in 22 Rimfire, match chamber , heavy varmint barrel...
Perfect 22 paper puncher. Perfect.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
As stated several times to the query of why? Practice, practice, practice. And it is a proven method that goes back to the roots of marksmanship to practice with a rifle that matches the weight, feel and style(bolt, single, auto) as what you hunt with or practice with your hunting rifle. A 22lr, simply because it's cheap, until recently. I bet it would sell enough for a special limited run. Right now though, I would just load light load plinker loads for my hunting rifle as I can roll light '06 loads cheaper than I can buy 22lr ammo ( if you can find them). I think a No.1 in a 22 Hornet or 223 is a better bet as you can reload for it.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bricktop: Your reputation for logical things eluding YOU is well known!
I have a number of 8 pound + 22 L.R. guns.
I love them and shoot them accurately and credit part of the reason for their accuracy both at the range and in the field to their 8 pound + weight.
For proof of this logic go to any style bench rest match and lift all the Rilfes on the firing line - there is a reason for them being heavy.
It may elude you, and thats no surprise, but for those of us that are interested in "accurate Rifles" an 8 pound Rifle is starting to get there.
I would also stand in line to buy a Ruger #1-B or #1-V if they brought them out in 22 L.R.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Amen! Well said!...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
I love them and shoot them accurately and credit part of the reason for their accuracy both at the range and in the field to their 8 pound + weight.
For proof of this logic go to any style bench rest match and lift all the Rilfes on the firing line - there is a reason for them being heavy.
It may elude you, and thats no surprise, but for those of us that are interested in "accurate Rifles" an 8 pound Rifle is starting to get there.
I would also stand in line to buy a Ruger #1-B or #1-V if they brought them out in 22 L.R.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

So right on several points!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Allow me to 'cipher your "logic." You have a dozen internet nerds and another couple of dozen old retired farts at various gun clubs lined up to buy these rimfire No. 1s. That's some impressive numbers right there; color me f*cking impressed. You're not in a position to debate logic with even the likes of Rain Man, dumbass. Hell, the only thing I can see that you've ever contributed in the way of "logic" is some kind of Walter Mitty horseshit, movie "reviews," and mangled English peppered with superfluous exclamation points and a lot of hot air. You haven't caught on that you've distinguised yourself as nothing but a f*cking windbag (i.e., note the references to "turds" throughout the forum -- that's you, dickhead).

I see you have two other cornhole sniffers to keep you company: the [bleep] who believes himself to be an internet sleuth because someone sent him a check with a funky name and the [bleep] who got his ass handed to him in the rimfire forum and has been trying to project his failed life on everyone else ever since.

I'd refer to you three as Larry, Moe, and Curly, but that would be an insult to the memories of three truly talented people. I think the "has been" reference might better describe you and your ilk, thugh "NEVER WAS" fits equally as well.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Yall listen to my bitch Bricktop. He not only the best lover I ever had, but he an expert on everything. Just ask him! He also the toughest guy on the internet. Just don't ask him for no face to face, he don't play that way. My baby can't take no beating. But he do like to be spanked.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Ignore Bricktop, he's an internet punk who backs down anytime somebody tried to call him out in person. As in P U S S Y. His profanity laced posts must be an attempt to over compensate for lack of manhood.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Timbo
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Ignore Bricktop, he's an internet punk who backs down anytime somebody tried to call him out in person. As in P U S S Y. His profanity laced posts must be an attempt to over compensate for lack of manhood.
What's up, Little Miss Timbo? Your ass still smarting from being taken to the woodshed the last time around? Don't have to back down when I know what I'm talking about, which is what bothers you. And it also explains why you project your troubles on others; you're an insecure little person who can't back up any claims you make nor can you draw from any real experience (i.e., your anti-T-Bolt rants in the rimfire forum) and you rely on others to resolve conflicts (your whining about the lack of moderation in that same discussion). Therefore, you believe everyone else must also suffer from these same insecurities and personal failures.

You, little man, are the definition of "pu$sy."

As for your support of VarmintGay/Charmin Gurl, post an inquiry in the Hunter's Campfire forum about what "turdlike status" means. See how many positive and encouraging comments come back for that piece-of-[bleep]. (Though, you're both of about the same ilk.)

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Your internet victories are only in your mind. You back down from physical confrontation because you're a coward and a P U S S Y. Go back to your job flipping burgers. Posting rants on the net is the only real or perceived success you've probably ever had in life or ever will have. You pretty much made an ass out of yourself with stupid claims about your great T-bolt. It's obvious your a small person in mind. I'm only guess you physical traits are the same, thus making you try to prove your manhood on the net where there's no chance of someone beating your ass.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your internet victories are only in your mind. You back down from physical confrontation because you're a coward and a P U S S Y. Go back to your job flipping burgers. Posting rants on the net is the only real or perceived success you've probably ever had in life or ever will have. You pretty much made an ass out of yourself with stupid claims about your great T-bolt. It's obvious your a small person in mind. I'm only guess you physical traits are the same, thus making you try to prove your manhood on the net where there's no chance of someone beating your ass.
I don't recall being offered the opportunity for any "physical confrontation," Little Miss Timbo. Then again, I don't quite understand anyone's need to offer that. Maybe you do those sorts of things to meet fellow ass-lickers and cornhole sniffers. You like all those sweaty, meaty-handed "mens" all over you. Makes you feel all tingly and excited.

The fact is you were tasked with backing up certain claims you were making and you were unable to do so. It made you even more frustrated that there were a few people who agreed with me. People with credibility. That bothers you. A lot. And you can't get past it.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
]I don't recall being offered the opportunity for any "physical confrontation," Little Miss Timbo. Then again, I don't quite understand anyone's need to offer that. Maybe you do those sorts of things to meet fellow ass-lickers and cornhole sniffers. You like all those sweaty, meaty-handed "mens" all over you. Makes you feel all tingly and excited.

The fact is you were tasked with backing up certain claims you were making and you were unable to do so. It made you even more frustrated that there were a few people who agreed with me. People with credibility. That bothers you. A lot. And you can't get past it.

Here one guy calling you out which you can't remember. It must be the chicken [bleep] side of you causing memory loss
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...s/7467706/Re_Browning_T_bolt#Post7467706

Your call to back up facts was just you showing your stupidity saying over and over "you get what you pay for, do you agree?" No, just because some idiot (in this case you) overpays, does not mean he received something of higher quality. You never made any intelligent argument. Just "you get what you pay for".

It seems looking back at that thread, more people disagreed with you than agreed with you. I guess that memory loss is getting worse.

Last edited by Timbo; 05/08/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
]I don't recall being offered the opportunity for any "physical confrontation," Little Miss Timbo. Then again, I don't quite understand anyone's need to offer that. Maybe you do those sorts of things to meet fellow ass-lickers and cornhole sniffers. You like all those sweaty, meaty-handed "mens" all over you. Makes you feel all tingly and excited.

Here one guy calling you out which you can't remember. It must be the chicken [bleep] side of you causing memory loss
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...s/7467706/Re_Browning_T_bolt#Post7467706

Your call to back up facts was just you showing your stupidity saying over and over "you get what you pay for, do you agree?" No, just because some idiot (in this case you) overpays, does not mean he received something of higher quality. You never made any intelligent argument. Just "you get what you pay for".

It seems looking back at that thread, more people disagreed with you than agreed with you. I guess that memory loss is getting worse.
I don't recall "backing down." I'm not wasting money to go and visit some internet paper assh*le.

Beaucoup intelligent argument. Way over your bitch-ass. That's what bothers you. (Among other things.)

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It looks like he was willing to spend his gas. I smell a Bricktop P U S S Y So NOW you remember him calling you out???? smile Change that name to P U S S Y TOP

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Id like Ruget to make a Rimfire #1- there is no doubt it would sell.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
A lot of the discussion regarding a No #1 rimfire has been centered around the excess weight . If a #1A .222 Ruger has introduced this year has a projected weight of 7 and 1/4 lbs,and if it's chanmber was only a .22 lr, how much weight would it gain 1 or 2 ounces.

At under 7 1/2 lbs, I'm sure there would be at least 250 shooters or collectors interested.

Question would in this busy prouduction times would it be worth Rugers time to redo the extractor to fit the rimfire ?

Flyer

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It looks like he was willing to spend his gas. I smell a Bricktop P U S S Y So NOW you remember him calling you out???? smile Change that name to P U S S Y TOP
Your ass reads about as well as you can intimidate me:

Originally Posted by ldholton
BRING IT come see me in person and make me cry you little mouthie MOFO whistle

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Flyer01
A lot of the discussion regarding a No #1 rimfire has been centered around the excess weight . If a #1A .222 Ruger has introduced this year has a projected weight of 7 and 1/4 lbs,and if it's chanmber was only a .22 lr, how much weight would it gain 1 or 2 ounces.
Plus a scope. Plus rings. 8-1/2 pounds. I can hardly wait.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Bricktop...Then start working out. It's not heavy. Unlike you. Probably still sitting in your mommys basement , eating cheetoes and drinking grape pop. Go hide in your hole goof. You obviously have no life outside of your parents basement. Still watching your downloaded scat porn and animal fetish videos. Never had a job. Never had a relationship outside of your left and right hand.
Your annoying. Your that stinky itch on the taint of this forum. Your an annoying fat man with food stains on your white t and brown stained under-roos.
You talk down to people thru your keyboard because you don't have the ability to hold a one on one conversation Face to Face. Your a disgusting person with no friends and no family that wants you.
You probably are too weak minded and out of shape to hold a job so no doubt you collect aid from the govt and suck the life out of every free food pantry and free medical scam you can find.
By jumping on every forum topic here you hope that someone will befriend you. Your a ignorant, vile , dispicable excuse for a human being. Your scum. Your lost.
In fact ...Get lost. No one cares what you say because you don't matter. Your a scum bag. Let me guess - you were bullied as a kid. No friends. You were fat and couldn't play sports. Picked last if even picked- you wore Sears Huskies pants and have a LiL D*** between your legs.
Your a goof. A coward. I will not acknowledge anything you say. Your not worth it. Like the itchy stinky spot on the taint of this forum that you are- your not worth anymore of my time.
I wish everyone on this thread and on this forum would ignore this goof!

Last edited by DrDeath; 05/08/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DrBitch
Bricktop...Then start working out. It's not heavy. Unlike you. Probably still sitting in your mommys basement , eating cheetoes and drinking grape pop. Go hide in your hole goof. You obviously have no life outside of your parents basement. Still watching your downloaded scat porn and animal fetish videos. Never had a job. Never had a relationship outside of your left and right hand.
Your annoying. Your that stinky itch on the taint of this forum. Your an annoying fat man with food stains on your white t and brown stained under-roos.
You talk down to people thru your keyboard because you don't have the ability to hold a one on one conversation Face to Face. Your a disgusting person with no friends and no family that wants you.
You probably are too weak minded and out of shape to hold a job so no doubt you collect aid from the govt and suck the life out of every free food pantry and free medical scam you can find.
By jumping on every forum topic here you hope that someone will befriend you. Your a ignorant, vile , dispicable excuse for a human being. Your scum. Your lost.
In fact ...Get lost. No one cares what you say because you don't matter. Your a scum bag. Let me guess - you were bullied as a kid. No friends. You were fat and couldn't play sports. Picked last if even picked- you wore Sears Huskies pants and have a LiL D*** between your legs.
Your a goof. A coward. I will not acknowledge anything you say. Your not worth it. Like the itchy stinky spot on the taint of this forum that you are- your not worth anymore of my time.
The specificity of your "taunts" says more about YOU than they're conveyed as any insult to me.

I think your "talents" -- you should take that as the charity it really is -- would be better plied towards more of your "super sleuthing" and sweating your junk mail.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I think the jury is still "Candy A*S P$ssy". Probalby the type who got his ass beat on a regular basis in school, but now can hide behind a keyboard to type insults..... just don't ask him to back those insults up face to face

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Timbo the Whiny Bitch
I think the jury is still "Candy A*S P$ssy". Probalby the type who got his ass beat on a regular basis in school, but now can hide behind a keyboard to type insults..... just don't ask him to back those insults up face to face
Oh, Little Miss Timbo; swing and miss, swing and miss. Can't read, can't make a point, and the frustration builds. And what did your little self plan to offer in the way of No. 1 "knowledge?"

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Brickbitch, you're not even smart enough to make a point. You can cut and paste passages on shipping guns, but then your knowledge crumbles. I don't think I missed at all. I think I hit a home run about you being a little Pussy taking his ass whipping on a regular basis. Thanks God for the keyboard to hide behind.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Brickbitch, you're not even smart enough to make a point. You can cut and paste passages on shipping guns, but then your knowledge crumbles. I don't think I missed at all. I think I hit a home run about you being a little P@ussy taking his ass whipping on a regular basis. Thanks God for the keyboard to hide behind.
Oh, Little Miss Timbo, your weak-ass ego just can't let go, can it?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Keep typing you simple minded coward.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well there is the ignore button. He is not the only one that I have on my list. If you have to use four letter words to make a point what ever it is you lost. As for a Number 1 in 22LR, I could get to like one of those, make a good steady squirrel rifle. But hey what the heck do I know! 17 HMR would be interesting too.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gmsemel
But hey what the heck do I know!
Obviously not much. Patently obvious.

When someone decides to change the subject and focus on some kind of inane horseshit like semantics or word choice it says two things:
  • You're a candyass.
  • You don't know what in the f*ck you're talking about and need to change the subject.
Squirrel hunting with an 8-plus pound single shot? Just how stupid ARE you? Carrying an 8-plus pound rifle deer hunting has a limited amount of appeal, but since a fair amount of sitting is going to be involved, it can be accepted. Carrying an 8-plus pound rifle following a squirrel dog in a type of hunting that MOSTLY involves walking? That pretty well exposes you for the inexperienced jackass you really are. Who's worried about language used.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Oh we forgot - It was mothers day weekend and mommy took your games and computer away in the basement. Here we go- he's been eating lucky charms and cheetoes - living in mommy and daddy's basement and he's all jacked up for a confrontation .... Hey BrickSTUPID stick to living in your parents basement , watching scat videos in the dark & playing airsoft. Like I said. Your a GOOF.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

whistle
Originally Posted by DrDeath

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh we forgot - It was mothers day weekend and mommy took your games and computer away in the basement. Here we go- he's been eating lucky charms and cheetoes - living in mommy and daddy's basement and he's all jacked up for a confrontation .... Hey BrickSTUPID stick to living in your parents basement , watching scat videos in the dark & playing airsoft. Like I said. Your a GOOF.
Once AGAIN, when you post ignorant bullshit that focuses on specific things like "eating lucky charms and cheetoes - living in mommy and daddy's basement" and "watching scat videos in the dark & playing airsoft" your post is no longer the "insult" you intended. It's a window into your empty little head and personal problems.

Shouldn't you be more worried about the Mickey-Mouse bullshit that's going to get your ass blacklisted instead?

DrDeath -- DEEP THINKER

Later, dunce.

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bricktop's decree on how to hunt squirrels with a 22 will probably surprise a lot of you who thought that squirrels are to be had by setting up shop very quietly near oaks and berry plants and waiting for them in ambush. Now I guess we all have to chase a hyper-active dog around in circles with a UL 22 cuz that's the only way to do it.

Ruger 1Bs probably also are not permitted in still hunting for deer any more. Big Sigh! I'll have to get rid of mine and the trophies taken that way. But that's the way it is in Bricktopia.

1B

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1B
I'm having a senior moment and there's something warm in my pants.

1B
Take your Geritol, you old [bleep].

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Translation from Bricktopian?

1B

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1B
Does anyone have any "Murder She Wrote" DVDs?

1B
Shouldn't you be tuning up your Hoveround and heading to the senior center?

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn

Leave my baby's momma outta dis. Dat ho serving time right now, so don't be cutting her down. Dat probably what made my baby gay, but I'm glad he's dat way! smile

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ahhh, Bricktopia!

Lots of perpetual adolescents with face paint and fright wigs running around insulting everyone in sight.

1B

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1B
I'm a big fan of Flomax.

1B
How's the bingo hall?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Jack Oconnor hunted sheep all over the world with a rifle over 8lbs and you can't walk out to the back 40 and shoot some tree rats with it?

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We won WW II with 9.5 lb all up M1s too.

Fear of weight in rifles is a relatively new thing but it is deeply imprinted on the latest generation of riflepersons.

1B

Last edited by 1B; 05/15/13.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
8lb is a light rifle

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the 1885 LoWall, or maybe better yet the Stevens Favorite, is a better place for a .22LR. I have a 1915 Favorite, and if Miroku made a Low Wall in .22 with nice wood I'd probably buy one. Heck one of those mini-Sharps, or a Contender carbine would be okay too.

The #1 seems overkill, even though there are plenty of guys with heavy .22's. Ruger's target 10/22 weighs 7.5lbs. The Springfield M1922 is still a sought-after collector gun, and they weigh as much as a standard 1903.

I'd still like to see a downsized #1, but Ruger's tooling cost and limited market would probably make that never happen.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by reelman
Jack Oconnor hunted sheep all over the world with a rifle over 8lbs and you can't walk out to the back 40 and shoot some tree rats with it?
Jack O'Connor was a writer.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Personally, I would rather carry around something like my Savage M71 for walk around hunting.
[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

No [bleep]! He was also one of the premier hunters of his era and the shooting editor for Field & Stream. He hunted sheep into his old age and didn't complain about a rifle weighing 8 or 9 pounds. I guess you're just a wimp.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No [bleep]! He was also one of the premier hunters of his era and the shooting editor for Field & Stream. He hunted sheep into his old age and didn't complain about a rifle weighing 8 or 9 pounds. I guess you're just a wimp.
The point went over your head, you f*cking dunce. O'Connor was a college professor at one time. He could make a trip to the grocery store -- check cashing place for you -- sound like an Amazon adventure. And he wrote for Outdoor Life, not Field & Stream, [bleep]. That was the domain of Warren Page.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Your ass reads about as well as you can intimidate me:

Originally Posted by ldholton
BRING IT come see me in person and make me cry you little mouthie MOFO whistle
nope ain't got the fun of meeting Mr. Bricktop in person yet ? IF a heavy .22 ain't your thing thats fine doesn't mean that ones that like them are wromg now does it ? maybe if Bricktop would work his muscles as much as his typing fingers he might like something heavier than a T-bolt

Last edited by ldholton; 05/15/13.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The point went over your head, you f*cking dunce. O'Connor was a college professor at one time. He could make a trip to the grocery store -- check cashing place for you -- sound like an Amazon adventure. And he wrote for Outdoor Life, not Field & Stream, [bleep]. That was the domain of Warren Page.

And when he was 60 he was still more of a man than you are. At least he didn't complain about someone else carrying an 8lb rifle. Seriously why do you care what someone else wants to use?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seriously why do you care what someone else wants to use?
That's a good question, why do you and the other hen party members care? Pull your head out of your ass and read through the thread. For once. Maybe your kids can read to you exactly who's worried about whom. Dumbass.

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Translation inot English from the original Bricktopian -- "tou caught me again".

1B

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1B
I don't spend a lot of time thinking about things.

1B
Let's play a little "logic" game, ladies.

The No. 1 has been in production since the latter part of 1966, has it not? In the past 46-plus years, Ruger has offered two or three dozen chamberings, have they not? In several configurations, have they not? (1A, 1B, 1V, 1AB, 1H, etc.)

So if a rimfire No. 1 would be such a hot seller -- apart from you internet nerds and ass-lickers -- why hasn't Ruger jumped on the idea? Are you ladies sitting on an idea that only you dumbasses own?

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh I see. If Ruger never made it, they never will make it! Yet another Bricktopian theory/rule/pronunciamento that is total bombast.

Custom gunmakers always have been there to fill gaps in Ruger's sparse offerings -- including for the 22LR. And every once in a while, Ruger tacitly admits an omission and, as with the 6.5x55 Swede and .300 H&H, belatedly duplicates custom market only calibers and with some success.

I do not see them making a 22 LR 1A because of the retooling required for the 22 LR but believe they could make a go of a limited run if they did.

I probably would not buy one but that's because I already have a custom Martini that weighs in @ a 1B, carries nicely on 'snoop and poop' squirrel outings, and shoots tight little groups. But that violates another Bricktopian dictum too. Everywhere you turn, another rule. Might as well just take up golf.

1B

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1B
Has anyone else checked out the centerfold in the new issue of AARP magazine?

1B
Logic is a foreign concept to you. And you'll never get any at the rate you're going.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (300_savage, 10gaugemag, 338Rules, 35, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 15 invisible), 1,583 guests, and 959 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,644
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.